PDA

View Full Version : Can u install Peugeot Planet and Lexia on T30 with DAS

brad-h
2nd January, 2011, 03:56 PM
Hi,

Does anyone know if this will work? Or will I need a seperate laptop?

thanks to all in advance.

drakov
2nd January, 2011, 04:12 PM
Dont see why it shouldn't as long as you have enough hdd space

brad-h
2nd January, 2011, 04:18 PM
hi,

thanks, i will try it. Just don't want to wreck the das installation as it took hours to install over usb 1.

Autofix
2nd January, 2011, 05:26 PM
I am doing this now with toughbook. Will be putting das, clip, pps, etc etc.

What I am doing is dual boot. One OS for DAS/xentry and the other for all the rest. it seems best to install das first then second OS.

I think the best way to do this is to ghost (or acronis) each step so you can recover quickly without a complete install.

brad-h
2nd January, 2011, 05:45 PM
I think i will give that a go. I was going to try to install on same os as das, but that seems like the better solution.

davtrev
2nd January, 2011, 06:06 PM
i hve my system the same with duel boot set up, works fine

BRAVO6
2nd January, 2011, 07:12 PM
i hve my system the same with duel boot set up, works fine

I tried this before but had problems with Windows changing drive letters on the various partitions.
What way does the Das system see the other partitions. Because it must have C, D, E, and F labelled correctly.

Autofix
2nd January, 2011, 07:17 PM
I have installed xp, then das/wis and only then installed the second xp. Drive letters are ok in das (c,d,e & F). the second xp is G. I will see now how that works with all the other apps.

Is there any way to make star os ignore the G drive and the seconds os see the G drive as c while ignoring or not seeing the 4 das partitions?

davtrev
2nd January, 2011, 07:55 PM
Sorry i mis understood, i did not only use one hard dive i used two, but i have two drive on the P.C

to do is just buy a ide 2nd hdd hot swapper for the CD drive, it's a caddy that you can swap with the CD/DVD drive, about 6 pounds from

so if you install on two hard drives, just can just insert as and when you need to use.

Like this one

IDE 2nd HDD Caddy For IBM Lenovo ThinkPad T30 T20 X30 on eBay (end time 30-Jan-11 05:57:36 GMT) (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/IDE-2nd-HDD-Caddy-IBM-Lenovo-ThinkPad-T30-T20-X30-/280556770251?pt=UK_Collectables_HardDriveEnclosure s_RL&hash=item41527c93cb)

Best regards

brad-h
3rd January, 2011, 06:57 PM
I set up the system as dual boot and work perfectly:

I installed second windows xp on f: partition

Now DAS 11.2010 and Xentry and WIS 11.2010

working perfectly

and on other OS: Diagbox 5.07 working like a charm also

best regards,