PDA

View Full Version : Dreambox 7025 Problems Please Help!!!!

smedzdave
18th April, 2008, 06:40 PM
hi could anyone please tell me if i am doing something wrong cause when i am searching the channels by doing a service search, then clicking auto transponder search, when it does through the beginning part of searching for a transponder,and where it says ''khz'' its coming up like this 'khz failed' and not finding any transponders.
Where am i supposed to put my aerial lead in the back? isit in the ''tuner 1 in'', or ''tuner 2 in'' on the back left hand side, or isit in the ''ant in'' part in the middle??? i am a muppet i know so you dont have to say lol

ALSO, Does anyone know what is the best software to use for the Dreambox 7025??? if anyone does where can i download it from, cause i think i need a software that has bruteforce onit so does anyone know any software for the dreambox 7025 that has the bruteforce on it please??

Please help

Neil
18th April, 2008, 08:30 PM
I am currently using the latest pli image as it works with the cable now and next.

You connect your cable feed to the in on tuner 1, then connect a short lead from tuner 1 out to tuner 2 in.

Neil
18th April, 2008, 08:36 PM
You can download the pli iolite image from here http://www.pli-images.org/downloads.php?cat_id=8

You have to go into the plugins menu and do a software update to make now and next work so don't be surprised when it does not at first

This is from the pli web site

A new PLi? DM7025 update is available via the Plugin / Software feed update.

EPG:
- Fill now/next with epgcache, till EIT arrives
- Implemented now/next refreshtimer, started when the EIT reader stops with an error
(epgcache now/next will be used instead)

smedzdave
18th April, 2008, 08:44 PM
Hi
i have done that but no luck
when i search it says the following
''Try to find used transponders in cable network please wait...
then it goes through numbers'' e.g Then it shows this except the numbers are examples ok ''1133439 khz FAILED''
What am i doing wrong cause ive been at this for ages now and not getting any luck.

Please help me guys

smedzdave
18th April, 2008, 08:47 PM
could anyone give me a full step by step guide cause im completely thick as sh*t.

I know its alot to ask but you'll be making a person and his daughter very happy.

please :-(

Neil
18th April, 2008, 09:05 PM
What area of the country are you in mate?

smedzdave
18th April, 2008, 09:06 PM
Swansea, Wales UK.
Cant get more clearer than that lol

Please help me neil my daughter is going nuts, she 1 with chicken pox and wants cartoons which i promised her over 6 hours ago.

Neil
18th April, 2008, 09:36 PM
Go into menu, setup,service searching, Tuner configuration

You need to select each tuner and set them up like this,

enabled
frequency steps
no
no
yes
no
no
no
no

the 6952 is an additional symbol rate and is correct for my area, yours might be 6887 as you have been told on the other forum you are asking on ;). I have put both symbol rates in above I think that should work. If not just try one then the other.

Doing the above sets up your tuners. Next go back to service searching menu and select automatic scan, select yes and yes on the next screen and press ok to scan. You will see it fail a lot but as the frequency gets into the 400 khz range it should start finding transponders.

If you know the frequency for a channel in your area you can do a manual scan and add the known frequency, you will have to add your symbol rate 6952 or 6887 and select yes for Network scan.

Out of interest on the other forum you said you have put 6887 in, did you put that in symbol rate?

As far as I know if you don't know a working frequency for your area you can not do a manual scan, it will not know where to scan first.

As far as the chicken pox is concerned get some Eurax cream from the chemist and put this on each spot sparingly, it stops the itching, also get some Piriton syrup while you are at the Chemist, it is for hayfever and skin allergies, it also helps with the itching. Both helped my little girl with her chicken pox a few weeks ago.

smedzdave
18th April, 2008, 09:43 PM
ah neil your a good good man.
right im going to go downstairs and try this right now ok
if you could wait about 20 minutes and ill run back up to tell you how i got off.
thanks again neil your a legend mate.

and also thanks for the advice about the chicken pox, we are using camoline lotion at the moment but ill try what you said.

shes covered from head to foot and she has eczema which makes it 100 times worse as she itches anyway.
anyway speak to you in 20 mins if thats ok.
thanks again

smedzdave
18th April, 2008, 10:09 PM
i have a new best friend and his name is neil!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mate your a saint!!!!!!

got all the channels but none of them are coming on but im not worrying as i can do the rest myself, just update some of the cams thats all.

but thanks to you mate ive done the hard part.

thanks for everything neil i cant tell you how much i apreciate it pal.

Neil
18th April, 2008, 10:44 PM
I use evocamd 2.17

smedzdave
18th April, 2008, 10:47 PM
ok mate thanks again and again and again, i cant thank you enough you have made a grown man happy and a little girl smile.
cheers

smirnoff_rules
18th April, 2008, 10:51 PM
weldone neil thanks for helping a fellow member out

Neil
18th April, 2008, 11:03 PM
ok mate thanks again and again and again, i cant thank you enough you have made a grown man happy and a little girl smile.
cheers

My pleasure mate and I hope she is feeling better soon. Don't forget to try the Eurax creme, we used calomine or our first two when they had chicken pox. The Eurax knocks spots of it :rofl:

smedzdave
19th April, 2008, 01:35 AM
Hi Neil
I have downloaded the pli image, also tried the gemini image, peter pan image, e2 board image and got all the channels up but...
i have the freview channels like bbc1, itv etc, but the channels like sky sports, sky movies etc theres just a black screen and nothings coming on, no premium channels at all mate.
Am i doing something else wrong now,
What do you suggest??
if you know another step by step guide would be helpful,
god i owe this guy a pint!!!!!

Neil
19th April, 2008, 09:11 PM
You need to copy the key and rom files to your box using ftp. They go into var/keys and var/scce. Do you know how to use an ftp clien to copy files to you dreambox?
I can email the files you need if you pm me your email address.

You also need to install an emu like evocamd that I use or mgcamd that some people use. This can be done from the blue button menu in Gemini, at the moment I can't see evocamd on the download menu in pli, this is a shame as the pli image is the best for a cable 7025 at the moment because it supports the epg now and next function.

smedzdave
19th April, 2008, 09:40 PM
Hi neil
pm'd you my email adress ok mate.
hows things anyway
god i owe you a pint pal

smedzdave
19th April, 2008, 09:43 PM
just installed the Evocamd 2.17c + conf
mgcam 1.27b +conf

smedzdave
19th April, 2008, 10:06 PM
any chance you could email me the keys mate boxings on and just got my daughter to sleep had a rough day!!!

Neil
20th April, 2008, 11:10 AM
Sorry mate I have just sent them to your email.I was not on last night, wife in hospital still and I was busy with the kids. Crashed in bed and watched Live Free or Die Hard on German satellite PPV ;)

Any problems give me a shout on here mate. I don't check that email address I sent you from often.

prawny007
20th April, 2008, 12:06 PM
http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1307
try looking ther bud

smedzdave
20th April, 2008, 04:52 PM
Hey neil tried all that but still dont work.
still black screen.
Ive downloaded all the cams and none of them work.
Im well stuck now any other suggestions neil mate???I really hope your wife gets better soon, give her my regards

smedzdave
20th April, 2008, 05:29 PM
http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1307
try looking ther bud

what do you mean looking there mate???
all thats there is how to update the keys which i know how to do already,
so what do you suggest mate??

Neil
20th April, 2008, 06:10 PM
what cam are you using? What image did you settle on in the end?

Did you decide what your symbol rate was for your area?

smedzdave
20th April, 2008, 06:42 PM
using the same as you the pli image, tried the evo cam but nothing, downloaded all of the possible ones i could, tried open cam and thats the only thing i got a response from, but not a good response as it said tuner fail.
Dont have a clue what that means though.
Im out of ideas now.

Neil
20th April, 2008, 07:41 PM
Did you delete everything out of the keys and scce folders before you copied the files I sent you into the folders? That is all I have in those folders, nothing else. What are the attributes of the files on the dreambox. I have mine set to 777. I am not a Linux type so I know someone will be along to tell me off for using 777 :)

smedzdave
20th April, 2008, 07:55 PM
Did you delete everything out of the keys and scce folders before you copied the files I sent you into the folders? That is all I have in those folders, nothing else. What are the attributes of the files on the dreambox. I have mine set to 777. I am not a Linux type so I know someone will be along to tell me off for using 777 :)

Yeah i did, i dont know what you mean by the attributes mate???

smedzdave
20th April, 2008, 08:08 PM
are you with c+w neil, cause im with ntl/virgin media.

smedzdave
21st April, 2008, 01:49 AM
right ive done it, the only thing i have to do now is work out how to use the part where you watch one channel and record another, cause the tuner 1 port is connected to the cable lead but the tuner 2 port is empty so dont know what to do.

smedzdave
21st April, 2008, 01:55 AM
neil i have pm you mate ok

Neil
21st April, 2008, 08:03 AM
right ive done it, the only thing i have to do now is work out how to use the part where you watch one channel and record another, cause the tuner 1 port is connected to the cable lead but the tuner 2 port is empty so dont know what to do.

I am well chuffed for you that my backed up 7025 imaged worked for you, did you have to re scan for channels? Please tell me what you had to do as I want to put that 7025 backup image image on this forum.

Your cable feed should go to tuner 1 in only. Then make a short lead, 6" or 8" that goes from tuner 1 out to tuner 2 in. Did your box not come with a short lead with 2 F connectors on it? This is used for this but you need the F converters to fit the cable connectors. Your cable feed should not go to the coax rf connector in the middle of the box, that is for aerial in and out so you can watch TV in another room

smedzdave
21st April, 2008, 01:09 PM
im now offically done lol.
neil thanks for your help AGAIN mate i cant thank you enough.

shirehorse99
30th May, 2008, 03:57 PM
Hi neil . Following this thread with interest. Do you use evocamd or mgcamd? Mgcamd always seems to freeze and i cant seen to get evocamd to work. Any chance of some help.

westkill
30th May, 2008, 05:57 PM
Hi neil . Following this thread with interest. Do you use evocamd or mgcamd? Mgcamd always seems to freeze and i cant seen to get evocamd to work. Any chance of some help.

what version of evocamd are you using:)

shirehorse99
30th May, 2008, 06:06 PM
im using 2.17 downloaded off the pli server

jimbo69jones
30th May, 2008, 06:40 PM

Plug a lead from the output of tuner 1, into the input of tuner 2.

shirehorse99
1st June, 2008, 11:12 PM
just downloaded another version 2.17c -renamed the evocamd.mips to evocamd -ftp`ed it over- chmodded it to 755 and rebooted machine and all is then ok but it wont autoupdate.seems the one off pli server doesnt work

Curious123
1st June, 2008, 11:55 PM
I have a Dm600 and use the Pli image with Evocam 2.14. I did something similar to what has been explained in this thread.

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1496

shirehorse99
2nd June, 2008, 08:39 AM
Does it AU

kagon
2nd June, 2008, 09:44 AM
Does it AU

Yes, evocamd AU's.

Have you got a /var/keys/feynman.cfg file? It doesn't need to have legitimate information in it.

shirehorse99
2nd June, 2008, 11:47 AM
Yes I have got that file in the keys folder. I deleted key entry out of keylist.txt restarted cam but no au. Any ideas

tomcat415
3rd July, 2008, 12:50 AM
you need a file called Bruteforce cablesXML this should help with a scan not sure how to upload one on here but you can pm me and will send it to you

Neil
3rd July, 2008, 01:17 AM
you need a file called Bruteforce cablesXML this should help with a scan not sure how to upload one on here but you can pm me and will send it to you

A 7025 will find the transponders without a cables.xml file. If checks each frequency for transponders and then searches for channels on them. You set the frequency steps yourself, I set mine to 1mhz (IIRC).

You can do the same on a 600 as well