PDA

View Full Version : broken key near city airport

xant14
3rd January, 2011, 08:15 AM
Just a quickie, Wondering if anyone has any contacts for renault key people down near the city airport, London.
I cracked my keycard and couldn't get the car started I ended up pulling the card reader out, and taking my key apart and I managed to get it to make contact. That got me from work to my hotel (via a drive-thru Maccy dees).
I am about to try again to get me back to work, but if it fails I would like a back up plan, a locksmith or someone.
I will get new keys when I get back home, but this MAY be an emergency.

drakov
3rd January, 2011, 01:06 PM
Sure Lock Homes Locksmiths, 0208 851 2405, Car Keys Programmed, Covering Kent Surrey and London, Locksmiths Bromley, Locksmiths Lewisham, Locksmiths Greenwich. (http://www.locksmithsukltd.com/) based around that area

xant14
3rd January, 2011, 01:36 PM
Cheers Drakov, I actually got the car going again and am now home.
Was a bugger to start, but I think I have it more or less sussed.
I have two keys,
one that open the doors but hasn't been able to start it for ages.
and the other that was ok until I broke it yesterday.

I have removed the card reader so it dangles, place the broken key on the top. Then shove the other card in. Any other permutations don't seen to 'disimmobilise' it.
Once it is started it runs while the engine is on, even a stall it will start again, but 30 seconds after being turned off the immobiliser kicks in.
I will be able to live with it until my local Renault get keys in, 5 days and ?250 :bawling:

Thanks again for replying,

drakov
3rd January, 2011, 01:48 PM
Where are you located? there are a few locksmiths who could match that price and supply replacement key same day

xant14
3rd January, 2011, 02:51 PM
Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire.
I have been quoted ?130 for one, ?250 for two at my local Suzuki/Renault dealer.
And ?130 from 3D Group Uk - Nottinghamshires Autolocksmiths (http://www.3dgroupuk.com/) which is Notts, about 20 mile away. Not priced 2 keys up from 3D yet, not answering the phone, Bank holiday Monday I guess.

Any savings would be great... popped a tyre on a kerb the night before too.. hope the saying, 'comes in threees' doesn't always have to happen.

xant14
3rd January, 2011, 04:53 PM
Just had a quote, from Leic, ?140 for one, 10 min job if I get the car there, so I will be getting one. A lot I know, but.....

drakov
4th January, 2011, 05:24 PM
140 is a bargain "I have been quoted ?130 for one, ?250 for two at my local Suzuki/Renault dealer." is just for key not programming when buying from dealer, also 5-14 day wait times as they cannot keep cards on the shelf

obdmaster
4th January, 2011, 10:37 PM
Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire.
I have been quoted ?130 for one, ?250 for two at my local Suzuki/Renault dealer.
And ?130 from 3D Group Uk - Nottinghamshires Autolocksmiths (http://www.3dgroupuk.com/) which is Notts, about 20 mile away. Not priced 2 keys up from 3D yet, not answering the phone, Bank holiday Monday I guess.

Any savings would be great... popped a tyre on a kerb the night before too.. hope the saying, 'comes in threees' doesn't always have to happen.

hhhhmmmmm, The joys of owning a renault!!!!!:cheer:

xant14
5th January, 2011, 07:43 AM
well got it, ?140 as I said. First key didnt take, but the second did.