PDA

View Full Version : 2001 F150 pwr pinout?

martij976
6th January, 2011, 05:35 AM
Anyone have 2001 FORD F150 powering pinout please?
thanks
(It's 2x4, crew cab... if that matters...)

martij976
6th January, 2011, 07:24 AM
Also "THEFT" light just blinking, if i trying any suggestive connection... ODO just reads ---------
Any idea??

leonardgo
6th January, 2011, 04:38 PM
hi you must check pcm relay
5.4l pcm pwr gnd 3 , 51 vpwr 71 ,97
i hope it helps

martij976
6th January, 2011, 04:58 PM
Thanks, but pinout does not make sense to me.
There are two plugs, one with 20 pins, another with 22 pins.
Can You explain a bit more please?

roth18
6th January, 2011, 05:14 PM
Thanks, but pinout does not make sense to me.
There are two plugs, one with 20 pins, another with 22 pins.
Can You explain a bit more please?

Check this out.

leonardgo
6th January, 2011, 06:25 PM
hi the engine start or not , the fuel pump work ?

martij976
6th January, 2011, 09:52 PM
I have cluster on the bench. Trying to power it up to check the mileage.

afitijuana
6th January, 2011, 10:52 PM
I have cluster on the bench. Trying to power it up to check the mileage.

iT WONT GOINg TO SHOW NOTHING YOU WILL SeE JUST DASHES - - - - - - NEEDS TO BE CONECTED TO THE VEHICLE TO SHOW actual values.

How many miles or kilo meters do you need i will calculate them for you if you need them.

If the vehicle start for a couples of seconds and then turn of by it self the, the key need to be coded. THEFT ligth blinking

If you try to start the vehicle with out the cluster connected same thing it wont satrt PATS system is require the key code ans this is store in the cluster.

SecuriLock, also known as Passive Anti-Theft System (PATS), is Ford Motor Company's immobilizer (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/wiki/Immobilizer) technology. In 1996 it started showing up on select models of Ford, Lincoln, and Mercury vehicles. The keys for these vehicles have a minute radio frequency transponder embedded in the plastic Head.

When the vehicle is started, the on-board computer sends out a RF signal that is picked up by the transponder in the key. The transponder then returns a unique RF signal to the vehicle's computer, giving it confirmation to start and continue to run. This all happens in less than one second, with the intention of being completely transparent to the vehicle's operator.

Replacement of keys to vehicles equipped with engine immobilizers is different than that for a vehicle with conventional keys. Since the key is assembled with electronic components, one cannot be purchased and made at a retail store. The vehicle must be taken to a dealership so programming can be done.

For the 1999 model year, all Ford Motor Company vehicles equipped with the Passive Anti-Theft System used the PATS II system. The PATS II system was introduced on roughly half of the PATS equipped vehicles for the 1998 model year.

The other half of the PATS equipped vehicles for the 1998 model year were equipped with the PATS I system. Many 2000 and later Ford vehicles use the E-PATS system, which uses an encrypted transponder in the key.

martij976
6th January, 2011, 11:46 PM
Thanks m8 for great info!

I see how it's work now.
I calculated mileage and changed in MCU. Hope there isn't other place with stored mileage info. Never did FORD before.

Will report later, if the customer is happy..
Thanks

Hardware
13th January, 2011, 05:29 AM
Mileage only in cluster.