PDA

View Full Version : Oh dear...I think BP lied.

Cronus
7th January, 2011, 01:21 AM
Take a look at this vid dated Nov 5th.

YouTube - *ALERT* Huge Crater Next To The Well In The Gulf Of Mexico! *ALERT*

No ~~~~in wonder BP turned off all the live camera feeds. Wonder how big it is now?

One of the other things that was noted after the well was supposedly capped, Bonnie (ROV) was approaching and they pulled out. When they returned they were actually showing another well that was capped earlier...which was a failure.

The co-ordinates of the well had changed to bluff the public that the well was actually capped.
I wonder how big that crater really is now? It will probably be totally out of control and unstoppable.
They were warned not to drill that deep for it. Warned that they wouldn't be able to control it if anything went wrong but did it anyway.

mcimb
7th January, 2011, 01:34 AM
Thanks so much from sharing this clip. I had no idea what has been going on since its not on the TV all day everyday.

DarkKnight
7th January, 2011, 01:43 PM
Where does it say that BP released Synthia and why would they do it ?

Wouldn't they need permission ?

Canker_Canison
7th January, 2011, 05:59 PM
And this information came from where??? The Daily Mail. Excuse me if I don't believe what they write.

Cronus
8th January, 2011, 01:50 AM
Did anyone actually bother to watch the video?
There is a huge ~~~~ing crater right by a well head that is 18000ft deep. Its spewing out methane and all you're interested in is a link...wtf???

Fair enough. I've edited the original post and took the Synthia stuff out (for now)

DarkKnight
8th January, 2011, 12:49 PM
If BP was responsible for a cover up then how did this guy get a hold of that video ?

Surely if that can't be blocked then someone else will notice it.

dctyper
8th January, 2011, 01:43 PM
Take a look at this vid dated Nov 5th.

YouTube - *ALERT* Huge Crater Next To The Well In The Gulf Of Mexico! *ALERT* (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7BQB8b9Bb24&feature=related)

No ~~~~in wonder BP turned off all the live camera feeds. Wonder how big it is now?

One of the other things that was noted after the well was supposedly capped, Bonnie (ROV) was approaching and they pulled out. When they returned they were actually showing another well that was capped earlier...which was a failure.

The co-ordinates of the well had changed to bluff the public that the well was actually capped.
I wonder how big that crater really is now? It will probably be totally out of control and unstoppable.
They were warned not to drill that deep for it. Warned that they wouldn't be able to control it if anything went wrong but did it anyway.

bp is the managing agent, the contractors are to blame surely?

cactikid
8th January, 2011, 01:44 PM
shit happens and remember the last oil slick what was it,ehhh pumping oil for 2 months??=nice cleanup bill,worse of all the enviromental damage to follow.

smirnoff_rules
8th January, 2011, 02:05 PM
the bottom of the ocean must have millions of them ? looks like scaremongering to me

Cronus
8th January, 2011, 02:30 PM
Have a read of this article:

How the ultimate BP Gulf disaster could kill millions - by Terrence Aym - Helium (http://www.helium.com/items/1864136-how-the-ultimate-bp-gulf-disaster-could-kill-millions)

~More than 12 months ago some geologists rang the warning bell that the Deepwater Horizon exploratory rig might have been erected directly over a huge underground reservoir of methane.

~Documents from several years ago indicate that the subterranean geologic formation may contain the presence of a huge methane deposit.

~By some geologists' estimates the methane could be a massive 15 to 20 mile toxic and explosive bubble

~According to worried geologists, the first signs that the methane may burst its way through the bottom of the ocean would be fissures or cracks appearing on the ocean floor near the damaged well head.

hoggy952 posted about the same article on here on the 16th July.
Considering this crater has appeared at the well head then it seems appropriate to bring it back up.

(http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/2912/aaahhhhm.gif)

cablefreejunkie
8th January, 2011, 05:22 PM
Have a read of this article:

How the ultimate BP Gulf disaster could kill millions - by Terrence Aym - Helium (http://www.helium.com/items/1864136-how-the-ultimate-bp-gulf-disaster-could-kill-millions)

~More than 12 months ago some geologists rang the warning bell that the Deepwater Horizon exploratory rig might have been erected directly over a huge underground reservoir of methane.

~Documents from several years ago indicate that the subterranean geologic formation may contain the presence of a huge methane deposit.

~By some geologists' estimates the methane could be a massive 15 to 20 mile toxic and explosive bubble

~According to worried geologists, the first signs that the methane may burst its way through the bottom of the ocean would be fissures or cracks appearing on the ocean floor near the damaged well head.

(http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/2912/aaahhhhm.gif)

thats a very interesting article,also very scary if you live anywhere along the gulf coast
where did that video originate from ?

cactikid
8th January, 2011, 05:44 PM
would that be good or bad as a no smoking zone lol

Cronus
8th January, 2011, 06:36 PM
where did that video originate from ?

The video is from the live feeds. They were only switched off after the memorial cap was placed on the well,about the 10/11th Nov I think.

There was a lot of stuff shown in the wee small hours that should never have been shown.
There were groups recording the feeds nightly and scouring the info for revealing footage...I even did it myself once.

cablefreejunkie
8th January, 2011, 08:15 PM
The video is from the live feeds. They were only switched off after the memorial cap was placed on the well,about the 10/11th Nov I think.

There was a lot of stuff shown in the wee small hours that should never have been shown.
There were groups recording the feeds nightly and scouring the info for revealing footage...I even did it myself once.
just let me clarify with you cronus
whilst these streams were being monitored etc at some point the same camera pans to the left and picks up the crater which obviously is on a live feed and somebody has noticed this and decided to share it ?
~~~~in love it,it sometimes takes people like this to highlight things that otherwise would never get into the public domain
good work mate for putting on here and for the link about the methane
scary shit

nara
8th January, 2011, 08:30 PM
scary shit

..for the paranoid among us. :sheep:

cablefreejunkie
8th January, 2011, 08:32 PM
..for the paranoid among us. :sheep:
not the paranoid just the residents of florida and the gulf in general NARA:giveup:

bald rick
8th January, 2011, 09:05 PM
The yanks can collect the methane to run the cars on.

:joyman:

dctyper
9th January, 2011, 10:12 AM
or their mouths on lol

seriously though, at what point does it show that "crater" to be deep? for all we know it could be 1/2 a metre

cablefreejunkie
9th January, 2011, 10:42 AM
[QUOTE=dctyper;921142]or their mouths on lol

seriously though, at what point does it show that "crater" to be deep? for all we know it could be 1/2 a metre[/QUOTE
have you read the methane report ?
as far as i can see theres methane escaping from that crater,whether its deep or not isnt the issue,,the issue is the methane escaping

dctyper
9th January, 2011, 11:22 AM
doesnt methane leak from all wells though, thats why you see them burning it off on oil rigs

http://thedailybite.files.wordpress.com/2010/07/oil_rig.jpg

nara
9th January, 2011, 11:31 AM
doesnt methane leak from all wells though, thats why you see them burning it off on oil rigs

Quite correct.

cablefreejunkie
9th January, 2011, 12:43 PM

youre completely correct methane does burn off on oil rigs
but as in the report,the vast deposits of methane hydrates which exist in this gulf area are well known and have been well known for years to the drilling community,,but they are also well known to be the most dangerous obstacle when it comes to deepwater drilling,which is what bp have been doing in the gulf,,if that is methane hydrate escaping then that is a very serious situation

smirnoff_rules
9th January, 2011, 01:02 PM
theres a volcano going off under Greenland for the passed 5 years and thats been melting the icecaps there , we have no control over wots under the sea

cablefreejunkie
9th January, 2011, 01:33 PM
no we dont,but when someone like bp decides to deepwater drill after being told many times that if you do this in this certain area there is a danger that you will cause a major catastrophe due to the large deposits of methane hydrates which is not the same as methane you see burning off,,then that is wrong in my view,,nobody is drilling on top of a volcano in greenland

Cronus
9th January, 2011, 02:28 PM
theres a volcano going off under Greenland for the passed 5 years and thats been melting the icecaps there , we have no control over wots under the sea

Dr. Tom Termotto Gulf disaster report summed it up perfectly:

"The BP Gulf Oil Spill was created by man; it was not an act of God....It was an utterly manmade event; not an accident....where fate would have everything accidently go wrong that could go possibly so wrong"

The problem is that the entire well system and surrounding area was undermined. You can't drill into something under that kind of pressure and expect to plug it... it may not be able to get out through the plug but that much pressure will NOT be contained. The seafloor in the vicinity of the well will be highly fractured and permeable due to stress and deformation which occur with this pressure trying to find a way out.
It will start with leakage through cracks which has already been seen countless times in the sea floor in the surrounding area. The worrying thing is if the sea floor starts to get bigger fracturing. Larger faults can open up much greater opportunities for the hydrocarbons to rise to the seafloor via cracks, crevices, craters and chasms...such as in the video posted.

smirnoff_rules
9th January, 2011, 03:21 PM
good excuse to un cap and start drawing oil again then ?

dctyper
9th January, 2011, 03:22 PM
no we dont,but when someone like bp decides to deepwater drill after being told many times that if you do this in this certain area there is a danger that you will cause a major catastrophe due to the large deposits of methane hydrates which is not the same as methane you see burning off,,then that is wrong in my view,,nobody is drilling on top of a volcano in greenland

once again, stop following the americans. bp was the managing agent. it was an american firm that was drilling

Cronus
9th January, 2011, 03:34 PM
good excuse to un cap and start drawing oil again then ?

They can't because they damaged the well casing 1000ft below the sea floor.

A BP official,Admiral Thad Allen,confirmed the point:

"There could be something wrong with the well casing, and there could be open communication in the strata or the rock formations below the sea floor"

Gas,oil and methane hydrocarbons could be coming up the outside of the well casing, eroding the surrounding soft rock.
That is why any craters or fissures in the surrounding sea floor are a major concern.

tshirtman
9th January, 2011, 03:37 PM

how can you blame BP. or any oil drilling company for that matter,
there only the contractor for getting the oil out,
the blame for the spill lies firmly at the door of the US administration,
if the geologists and all other experts new about the methane deposits and the risk associated with it,
then so did the US government, there the one's who issue the licences, the blame lies firmly with the US, and this is where greed gets you, and dependency on oil,
funny how the US didn't scream foul when union carbide killed 4000, people and left another 40.000 disabled or maimed in Bhopal.

dctyper
9th January, 2011, 04:12 PM
your right they had the final say

cablefreejunkie
9th January, 2011, 07:35 PM
how can you blame BP. or any oil drilling company for that matter,
there only the contractor for getting the oil out,
the blame for the spill lies firmly at the door of the US administration,
if the geologists and all other experts new about the methane deposits and the risk associated with it,
then so did the US government, there the one's who issue the licences, the blame lies firmly with the US, and this is where greed gets you, and dependency on oil,
funny how the US didn't scream foul when union carbide killed 4000, people and left another 40.000 disabled or maimed in Bhopal.
licences were given without the necessary permits being obtained
these permits to drill in the gulf were virtually impossible to obtain due to endangered species being harmed by drilling activity
and so obviously backhanders were involved,which is why the us administration is pursuing bp with lawsuits for clean up op etc
quite clearly the biggest industry in the world is exempt from the law
or so they think