PDA

View Full Version : 0penboxs9 hd

lannyb2000
7th January, 2011, 11:35 AM
hi

just wondering if any 1 has any advice,the picture keeps freezing a lot especialy on the hd channels,is their any settings you can change to make it any better or any other image you could flash on to it like the d box,the bloke i got it off says it might be the sat dish thats up its 1 of the old big ones that had been left up,he had to change the lnb on it when he set it up.Any help would be appriciated as its my dads box

thanks

romunation
7th January, 2011, 01:59 PM
Sounds like it might be your cs server rather than the box itself mate. See if anyone else on your server is having the same issues.

Also if you go into the big openbox page thread to page 26 I've posted the latest firmware but remember and backup your cccam info if that's what your using!

lannyb2000
8th January, 2011, 01:39 PM
cheers mate

been on to the fella and he has switched servers but it is still freezing mainly on hd channels,am useing ccam could you change cams ie newcamed would this make it any better or is their any tutorials on how to save ccam and install new firmware would i have to tell the fella i am dealing with or like i say could i try and put a new image on the box,also other people on this server are useing dreambox no hd and they only get a freeze now and again

thanks

footyaddict
8th January, 2011, 03:10 PM
I'd just try a completely new share if i was you, most of them offer 24 hour trials. I tried quite a few before i found one that didn't glitch. Also make sure there are no torrents uploading as this can also cause glitching.

lannyb2000
8th January, 2011, 03:37 PM
cheers mate

if i try a new share do we have to update the box to their firmware or will it work with whats on the box

thanks

hooley
8th January, 2011, 05:30 PM
The firmware you have on it should be grand, no need to change it if your changing your share. Are the free HD channels like itv and BBC freezing?

footyaddict
8th January, 2011, 05:37 PM
It will work with whatever is on there already, you'll just need to update your CCcam.cfg file.

lannyb2000
9th January, 2011, 10:42 PM
thanks every1 for the advice

it freezes slightly on the free hd channels,just been watching city on my dreambox500 it broke up now and again but not as bad as me dads,so realy if you can not change any settings to make it any better its all down to the server you use,dose any 1 no if their any servers were this dose not happen or basicaly this happens on every server also some of my mates use a star....7 and they get all sly free without paying a sub is this possible any info please

once again thanks for the advice every1

taree
10th January, 2011, 06:01 AM
After nov firmware no problem with rebooting and hd freezing.all hd chanells on hotbird working smoothly.problem must be ur server.

Timmaa
10th January, 2011, 10:25 AM
Any problems on the FTA HD channels then that has nothing to do with your server. You need to look at your own set-up... Check your dish alignment, your LNB and your cabling.

lannyb2000
28th April, 2011, 05:02 PM
HI EVERY 1 DO THESE OPENBOX DO SKY 3D,I HAVE JUST BOUGHT A 3D TV AND 3D BLUE RAY PLAYS GREAT BUT WHEN I CONNECT IT TO MY OPENBOX IT DOSE NOT WORK YOU HAVE AN OPTION ON THE TV REMOTE TO CHANGE THE PICTURE AS SKY BROADCAST THE IMAGE SIDE BY SIDE YOU NEED TO CHANGE IT TO THIS ON YOUR TV REMOTE BUT WHEN I TRY IT IS JUST GREYED OUT SO YOU CAN NOT CHANGE IT,DO YOU HAVE TO UPGRADE THE SOFTWARE OR DOSE IT ONLY WORK ON SKY OFFICAL BOXS ANY ADVICE AS USUAL GREATLY APPRICIATED

CHEERS
VINCE

pippoborg
28th April, 2011, 09:46 PM
I have an openbox 3D works fine I press ok on side by side all works well check your hdmi cable

maravilloso1955
28th April, 2011, 10:37 PM
Hello everyone! my name is Joe, I just purchased an Openbox S9 and I cannot figure out what I need to make it work! after doing a blind scan! all I get is no signal on my screen (Help) Thanks.

Manic01
29th April, 2011, 10:44 AM
Start your own thread for help.

tubs
29th April, 2011, 11:10 AM
most likely your dish may need a slight adjustment i had the same all channels wrer fine but hd not to good moved dish then perfect

lannyb2000
10th May, 2011, 11:06 AM
just like to say thanks to every1 for their advice,it must be the way i have it set up with the hdmi,not had chance to check it out yet but just downloaded cats and dogs in 3d side by side,press button on remote on tv works perfect brill

once again thanks every 1