PDA

View Full Version : what image is best for jan 2011

phat1
8th January, 2011, 07:31 PM
I have to do 3 itgate boxes for friends of mine that have decided to go down the sat route,They had mmds tuner and i used the edg nemesis v 4.4 on 4 other boxes but i cant download ccam from the extra file as it dont work anymore,so what image should i use i'm thinking ukur 9.Is this image ok for tgm220 which had mmds tuner or is there a newer image i shold use?

Thanks for any info help!

phat1
9th January, 2011, 11:33 AM
I have installed ukur 9 on tgm 220,i have all fta channels.when i press blue button to get cpanel it is blank and i get file/var/etc/cpanel.xml error any idea's on how to get cpanel so i can download a cccam.

I done a factory reset and cpanel is there,but when i try to download Cccam it says failed to download check communication settings,so i went into expert settings communication setup and made sure DHCP was ticked and Enable Network.Then i went back to cpanel and the same thing happens,Any ideas on whats going wrong?

phat1
9th January, 2011, 02:34 PM
i now have v 8 on other box when i press blue button x 2 i then go to download soft cams/config.what do i download in there Cccam v2.1.00?

mept1
9th January, 2011, 03:30 PM
nope upgrade the panel first,...when you do this,... this will let you download updated cams,etc,etc

phat1
9th January, 2011, 06:41 PM
How do i upgrade the panel? Thanks for the help

mept1
9th January, 2011, 08:15 PM
through the blue button in the menu

phat1
9th January, 2011, 08:27 PM
can you tell me what to do,blue button then......

mept1
9th January, 2011, 09:35 PM
have,nt mine hooked up,..sure it,s blue,blue,look for latest upgrade panel in the list,....sure if andie reads this he will clarify.

andiewill
9th January, 2011, 10:29 PM
Yeah that's right but i'm on v.9 and it works a treat with the updates, better than v.8 which i could not get it to work ? try v. 9 again or reflash to v.9 as it might of been a bad fash ?

phat1
10th January, 2011, 10:18 AM
Right i'm going to re-flash to v 9 and i'll post back thanks for the info

phat1
10th January, 2011, 11:17 AM
I re-flashed to ukur 9 and done a factory reset.blue button x 2,but when i try to download control panel it says the same as the last time,failed to download check communication settings. maybe i have a bad image can you upload v9 and i will reflash with your one.Thanks

andiewill
10th January, 2011, 01:31 PM
you dont have to download a new control panle with v9 as it is already updated, so if you are connceted to the internet it should be there in the cam section then download the newest ccam.

If you can't do it that way manual input the file, which takes a few seconds to do.

Have a read here (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f138/ur-v9-image-cccam-isssue-tgm220-170104/).

Oh by the way are you doing a full factory reset ? Turn box off, Hold the up button on the box, switch back on, this will then put your box into default mode, so you may have to check your screen input on your tv / lcd, then follow intructions for hard factory reset.

phat1
10th January, 2011, 06:55 PM
i am connected to the internet,but when i try to download anything it says failed to download check communication settings,I'll read on how to manual install ccam,I'll post back
I cant really follow that post i read that yesterday,I'm going to do a hard factory reset can you tell me how to do it manually thanks for your help

andiewill
10th January, 2011, 08:25 PM
Yep just make sure you have a good ftp client to transfer files over to box, and hopefully it should be fine.

phat1
10th January, 2011, 08:51 PM
I use filezilla,do I put ccam in var/bin or var/etc

plasterer
10th January, 2011, 09:02 PM
cam in var/bin
other files in var/ect..................Paul

phat1
10th January, 2011, 09:31 PM
right i have ccam 2.14 on it by ftp just having trouble to config it

plasterer
10th January, 2011, 10:14 PM
Highlight the cam
scroll to attributes or chommod
And change 644 to 755
Then just enter details in CCcam.cfg..............Paul

phat1
11th January, 2011, 07:42 PM
I got it up and running thanks for the help

phat1
10th February, 2011, 04:31 PM
Lads i cant get the cccam.config file to work on one box,I have cccam 2.14 on it but when i ftp the config file i just cant get it to work.I have changed to 755.Is it a case of hit and miss when ftp to the box,Nothing is easy with the itgate,i have to dm500s and i can do a lot more with them through the download panel then using dcc.Any info on what i'm doing wrong?

plasterer
10th February, 2011, 07:13 PM
Wot do you mean
Have you transferd the file and inputted your line
And it wont clear .
Need more info mate..................Paul

mept1
10th February, 2011, 08:00 PM
Lads i cant get the cccam.config file to work on one box,I have cccam 2.14 on it but when i ftp the config file i just cant get it to work.I have changed to 755.Is it a case of hit and miss when ftp to the box,Nothing is easy with the itgate,i have to dm500s and i can do a lot more with them through the download panel then using dcc.Any info on what i'm doing wrong?
Bit confused with your post as plasterer is,....itgates a peice of cake to work,...give us some more info please phat1.

phat1
15th February, 2011, 05:27 PM
sorry if its confusing.i'm on uk v9 but when i press the blue button to download cams it says failed to download check communication settings. so i cant download cccam2.14 or the config.file,so i use filezilla to ftp to the box.I can ftp cccam 2.14 no problem and i can see the cam on the box,but when i ftp the config file it says transfer successful and i enter my cline and save it.reboot the box when it comes on i cant get a picture only fta,Hope that helps

andiewill
15th February, 2011, 06:21 PM
sorry if its confusing.i'm on uk v9 but when i press the blue button to download cams it says failed to download check communication settings. so i cant download cccam2.14 or the config.file,so i use filezilla to ftp to the box.I can ftp cccam 2.14 no problem and i can see the cam on the box,but when i ftp the config file it says transfer successful and i enter my cline and save it.reboot the box when it comes on i cant get a picture only fta,Hope that helps

I know it's a silly question but is your box connected to the internet, or are your comunication setting set up correct to work with Clines ?

plasterer
15th February, 2011, 08:56 PM

Have you changed the cam attributes to 755..........Paul

phat1
17th February, 2011, 06:13 PM
Yes its set up to the internet as i have other boxes with gemini image and dm500s that work fine,i changed it to 755 and all that,I know what i'm doing but for some reason i cant download any cams or config file with the remote control.I have to ftp to the box.But in my experience i know i'm doing something wrong,Any idea on when it says failed to download check communication settings,is there a button i need to press on menu communication setting.

plasterer
17th February, 2011, 08:01 PM
Mate if you read through the itgate threads
You will see that the panels are down for all ukur images
And manuel install is the only way to go .........Paul

phat1
17th February, 2011, 08:18 PM
Mate if you read through the itgate threads
You will see that the panels are down for all ukur images
And manuel install is the only way to go .........PaulWhen you say manual install do you mean ftp to the box? or is there another way.Thanks for your help

plasterer
17th February, 2011, 08:48 PM
No they need to be Manuel install via FTP
Ive always found the itgate to be a bit fussy on the cams it likes to accept
But once on the run fine .................Paul

phat1
18th February, 2011, 06:02 PM
Can you explain how to manaully install via ftp,as i cant get it to work,i know i must be missing something,thanks for any info help

andiewill
18th February, 2011, 07:10 PM
Have a look here (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f138/how-ftp-file-187175/) phats1.......

Ccam 2.14 files install to var>temp..
(Once tranfered over to install to the box blue button twice, yellow button to manual insatall, select ccam 2.14 and install)

Ccam config files install to var>etc..
(editing the config file is done via a ftp client)

phat1
21st February, 2011, 02:14 PM
Thanks for the help im going to try it and see if that works.I have cccam 2.14 on the box but when i enter my cline in cccan.config i can not get any channels,i press yellow button,tuxbox /var/ etc/ccam.cfg and i can see my cline so i know its on the box but i just cant get the channels to come on

phat1
21st February, 2011, 03:47 PM
I've done what you said i put the cam in var/tmp it said transfer was successful and still no joy,when i press blue button twice i get the ur panel.then i press yellow button nothing happings.so then i went into expert settings software update and manual update there is nothing there.then i tried blue button x2 add on manager and there is nothing there to install.Any ideas?

andiewill
21st February, 2011, 04:05 PM
If you have Ccam 2.14 on the box that will be fine ? and you state that you have entered the cline into the config file then all should be set up to view.

Is the cline still active ?......... and it is not being used by any other box, as i believe 1 line for 1 box unless you have negotiated with your server.

phat1
23rd February, 2011, 10:42 AM
If you have Ccam 2.14 on the box that will be fine ? and you state that you have entered the cline into the config file then all should be set up to view.

Is the cline still active ?......... and it is not being used by any other box, as i believe 1 line for 1 box unless you have negotiated with your server. i've done all that and i cline per box.I'm at a loss as to whats wrong i'm going to re flash it and see how that goes,as the cline works in my dm500s so i know the cline is ok,my issue is either the cam or the config file,can you upload a cam and config file if you have one for me please

andiewill
23rd February, 2011, 12:36 PM
Right !.... i have spoken to a friend who had the same problem as you, and to solve his issue he went back to version 8 and all worked fine, maybe going back to a definate working image may solve your issue ?

phat1
24th February, 2011, 10:11 AM
Thanks i'll try that later and post back,Has anyone got a v8 for a tgm 220? I have one from b4 i'll try that and see how i get on

phat1
24th February, 2011, 02:29 PM
I put v8 on it and its still the same i got ccam 2.14 on it,put when i ftp with filezilla the con fig file with the cline channels do noy come on only fta,Any idea?

andiewill
24th February, 2011, 05:52 PM
I put v8 on it and its still the same i got ccam 2.14 on it,put when i ftp with filezilla the con fig file with the cline channels do noy come on only fta,Any idea?

Now this confusing you state that you have 2.14 and config with cline ? this should pick up your subscription.

Can the cline work on other box's ? as this is wierd.....or the only other thing i can think of is that the cline is notworking ?

Just a thought what is your communication settings set up ?

phat1
25th February, 2011, 02:01 PM
Now this confusing you state that you have 2.14 and config with cline ? this should pick up your subscription.

Can the cline work on other box's ? as this is wierd.....or the only other thing i can think of is that the cline is notworking ?

Just a thought what is your communication settings set up ?I know its confusing thats what i cant make out, the box is running ccam2.14. i have tried the cline in other box,s and it works fine.DHCP is ticked enable network is ticked.i'm going to try a step by step guide as i'm doing something wrong so here i go.... I factory reset everything,i'm going to ftp the cam to the tgm220 with filezilla into var/tmp and manual install is that correct? press blue button x2 scroll down to addon manager.when i do this there is nothing there to install even though it says transfer was successfull?

andiewill
25th February, 2011, 04:05 PM
I have had trouble with certain cams and have had this problem in the past ? try these attached they work for me and a mate who had the same issue.

try the full one first as that also contains the config file and defo works for me, hopefully we will be getting there.

phat1
27th February, 2011, 06:31 PM
still no joy with that.no cam shows up to manual install

plasterer
27th February, 2011, 09:29 PM
pm us your mail addy
And ile post you afull var folder with all the contents
Stick ukur 9 on it
And overwrite the var folder
or better still delete var
and transfer the new one
recheck the attributes and alter to 755..............Paul

plasterer
28th February, 2011, 04:15 PM
Check your mail Fella .Lets know ..............Paul

lonegunman
1st March, 2011, 01:53 AM
pm us your mail addy
And ile post you afull var folder with all the contents
Stick ukur 9 on it
And overwrite the var folder
or better still delete var
and transfer the new one
recheck the attributes and alter to 755..............Paul

Hi plasterer
Any chance if i pm you my email you could do the same for me,just can't get the cccam to install on my ver 9 uk.

many thanks if you can.

plasterer
1st March, 2011, 07:38 AM
yer no probs mate
See how he gets on with it
If it works for Phat
i will post it to you.................Paul

lonegunman
4th March, 2011, 11:59 PM
Thanks mate.

phat1
5th March, 2011, 05:23 PM
that didnt work for me,i tried to delete the var folder and the itgate closed down on me i could not communicate with the itgate with the remote control or through with filezilla.so i done a hard factory reset and tried to overwrite the var folder and it only created another var folder inside the var folder,Any more ideason what i could try?

phat1
5th March, 2011, 06:41 PM
I got it working,At long last,i had to ftp the files in the var folder that plasterer sent me, folder by folder.by this i mean open filezilla left side var folder that is on my c drive. right side the itgate box, double click on var on right hand side the itgate,double click var on left hand side.started at addons double click to open highlight everything in the folder and drag and drop into the addon folder on the right hand side.I done this to all folders took a bit of time,entered my cline done a quick reboot and it came on,call it luck! Thanks for all help info

plasterer
5th March, 2011, 07:10 PM
No worries mate
Try a better FTP pogram Like flash FXP.................Paul

lonegunman
6th March, 2011, 04:07 PM
Life saver, i just coppied over the BIN\ETC folders (file by file) and all is working.:rock:

plasterer
6th March, 2011, 06:12 PM
Easy when you know how
Like i said in an earlier post
Think the itgate is a bit finiky as to which cams it will let you install,if there not downloaded from the panel
As we know the panel is down
Glad to here your back up and running ...............Paul