PDA

View Full Version : HELP ITGATE 220 cable to Sat - Tried everything

Damixa
9th January, 2011, 01:25 PM
Hd a tgm220 swapped to sat, no probs. I have a normal skydish. Swapped my sly box with itgate and although it finds transponders on Astra 19, it finds no channels. Uploaded cccam from andiewill and am running V8 (Ireeland)
Can FTP, can access the wen.
Where am I going wrong, please Ive got no hair left!

Transponder scan on astra 19 finished finding nothing and says 74 transponders with 0 services scanned

mept1
9th January, 2011, 01:54 PM
if you are scanning with a fixed sly dish you should be scanning 28.2,press bouquets then yellow button will give you a list of services,..there a thread already which covers this.

good luck

Damixa
9th January, 2011, 01:57 PM
if you are scanning with a fixed sly dish you should be scanning 28.2

Sorry , yeah, thanks done that too. Its just when I do a fac reset and scan from scratch it automatically puts in 19.

Damixa
9th January, 2011, 02:03 PM
if you are scanning with a fixed sly dish you should be scanning 28.2,press bouquets then yellow button will give you a list of services,..there a thread already which covers this.

good luck

Shows no providers. Thats the point I scan on 28 , it shows 98 transponders and finds 0 services.
I am getting a signal as when I remove the two sat leads and put them back in the sly box , I get freeview fine. When I put them in ITGATE and scan I get a 0, no services.
Ive looked at the sticky for Cable to Sat and other threads. Thats why Im posting now. Ive spent 3 days looking at this, and Im sure there will be a dead easy answer.

mept1
9th January, 2011, 03:27 PM
hi,
it,s this thread http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f138/itgate-220-not-finding-channels-159685/ read through this

Damixa
9th January, 2011, 03:50 PM
hi,
it,s this thread http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f138/itgate-220-not-finding-channels-159685/ read through this

Thanks, been thro this thread for three days. Still cannot find any channels. Could it be a dud tuner, I mean its finding the transponders but no channels?

mept1
9th January, 2011, 05:10 PM
Is it a tuner from spain?,..theres a thread about that as well,...

Damixa
9th January, 2011, 06:13 PM
Is it a tuner from spain?,..theres a thread about that as well,...

Yeah I seen that one, which why I might think its a dud. BUT would a dud see the transponders?

andiewill
9th January, 2011, 06:22 PM
Have you tried to load on an already made bouquets as stated in the thread Mep1 mentioned ? thats what i do as it saves on all that scanning milarcy.

And when you were setting up the box and it gets to sat configuraion page, did you choose the correct setting, ie single sat, i think it states.

Damixa
9th January, 2011, 06:58 PM
Have you tried to load on an already made bouquets as stated in the thread Mep1 mentioned ? thats what i do as it saves on all that scanning milarcy.

And when you were setting up the box and it gets to sat configuraion page, did you choose the correct setting, ie single sat, i think it states.

Thanks Andy,
I will try that now. I didnt thnk the bouquets would work if the sat couldnt see the channels.
Yes I chose single sat, brings up Astra 19, cscanned on this and on 28.2 same results. No services found.

Damixa
9th January, 2011, 07:29 PM
Great stuff Andy, I didnt think that would work, appreciated.
I now have FTA how can I get something else? I have installed your cccam. Am I on the right track.
Nearly there after 3 days, sThanks Guys
Damixa

mept1
9th January, 2011, 08:13 PM
All in them threads my friend,....whats requird(clines) goes into var/etc,..

Damixa
9th January, 2011, 09:01 PM
All in them threads my friend,....whats requird(clines) goes into var/etc,..
Looked everywhere cannot find them....Im Sooooooooooo close can you help one last time.
Cheers Andy

redondo5
19th January, 2011, 01:24 AM
don't worry i had the same problem, mine was a sat tuner from spain. i solved my problem my readjusting the tuner.

i managed to get a tuner which was from a differant box and i compared the 2 tuners. it appears the ones from spain work just as well, but they have extra long <don't know technical term> electronic connections, whereas the other tuner which showed both services and transponders didn't have long connections.

I figured the tuner from Spain didn't need to be insrted all the way into the tuner slot. So I left it with at least some 1mm (maybe more) of those electrical connection showing when plugged into the slot. ....Then did a reset, then scan and hey presto....it found services straight away.

The only thing you need to worry about is making very strong tugs on the sat cable that screws into the tuner, it might dislodge the tuner completely and the you won't get anything.

but you will get the box sorted if you try what i suggested.