PDA

View Full Version : Belkin router any good?

Bugzee
18th April, 2008, 10:40 PM
:2in1:I am looking to purchasing a router, one of my friends say's Belkin is good make, any others to consider? Thanks in advance.

thommo
18th April, 2008, 10:51 PM
suppose any would do a job, mines a netgear and its great...cant comment on belkin as ive never owned one but id say take a look at the netgears too.

Jaffa
18th April, 2008, 10:53 PM
Netgear for me every time but I did have a Belkin before which allowed me to attach a printer to to the router and the printer was then wireless, really good router too but I bought a new Netgear and set the Belkin up at my brothers as I never use a printer much now and he does, its still working excellent for him.

kryton
18th April, 2008, 11:33 PM
belkin pretty much do the job.
the only issue i had with mine was it wouldn't port forward novalogic games (known issue) so i couldn't host a game server.
other than that it worked fine.

Sharkbyte
2nd May, 2008, 06:30 PM
For the price they are really good, I even found some with ranges that rival most DLink or Linksys routers /WAP's.

garry35
30th July, 2008, 01:38 PM
i have tried both netgear and belkin and i find that belkin isnt as stable and often needs rebooting. netgear has always worked well for me at least....

v896
13th August, 2008, 11:56 AM
i'd personall go with netgear i had a belkin it was unprotected and annoying to set up

.: JaCkPoT :.
14th August, 2008, 09:42 AM
If this helps, my uncle always seems to try and avoid belkin and always tries to buy a netgear. He currently has a print server modem which he is using. So you have a choice. Although one might be slightly more expensive in a long term view and reliability me like others will be netgear all the way.

dazza78
14th August, 2008, 04:51 PM
i have a belkin and always have ,never caused me any troubles
dazza78:devil:

MetMan
17th August, 2008, 08:58 PM
:2in1:I am looking to purchasing a router, one of my friends say's Belkin is good make, any others to consider? Thanks in advance.

belkin i found absolute shite, regularly lost connection , changed to linksys no probs

Bulld0g
17th August, 2008, 09:18 PM
Got a Belkin and a Lynksys. Prefer the Linksys myself, but remember that Belkin carry a lifetime guarantee and they will exchange if anything goes wrong with it.

bugaloo41
24th August, 2008, 09:34 AM
Linksys worked flawlessly for a couple of years now. Pick them up fairly cheap now which is also a bonus.

pnemickey
29th November, 2008, 02:54 AM
I started off with a linksys, but had nothing but problems, nightmare to set up and constantly had to reconnect. switched to a belkin, much better, sets itself up almost, especially with vista. I would recommend belkin n1 everytime

trpnster
4th December, 2008, 01:00 AM
i like the linksys ones, as you can change the fireware to DD-WRT and then even better

mac10
18th December, 2008, 03:01 AM
I use wireless G hub with usb adapter for home theater pc and laptop card with my laptop (all Belkin) usb adapter is bombproof but I have always had a lot of problems with laptop loosing connection to router with a reboot the only way to get it running again....going to upgrade to 'n' soon I'll have to think twice about buying Belkin though.

Mubz
18th December, 2008, 04:21 AM
it really depends on what your doing with the router/network,
if its just for internet sharing anything will do,
for wireless i'd probably go linksys, but i have to say the belkin N1 is quite a powerful beastie

i've always used netgear but that will defo change the next time i replace my router...
got a N draft gigabit edition netgear router and it's rather p*sh for the money you spend
file transfer speed is JUST marginally better than a 10/100
doesn't support jumbo frame bits either...

but hey, that's just my pennies worth :)

oxkiller
21st December, 2008, 06:12 PM
belkin i found absolute shite, regularly lost connection , changed to linksys no probs

iam with you on this m8 i set up net works for frends and belkin are ok for a few days then start playing up they dont like wpa.

netgear always ok never had to go back to one.

bigal
25th April, 2009, 09:25 PM
hi all Ive just bought a belkin g seems ok son has laptop so works ok i seem to have lost my printer tho don't now if its a coincidence or what but il find out shortly by the way the printers still connected to my comp by usb

Frederick
27th April, 2009, 06:27 PM
my votes for netgear, my old belkin often needed to be reset !

alunfennell
28th April, 2009, 02:24 PM
I second that netgear is the way to go (a fine bit of kit) looks good too along with great support and features that will keep you busy for a while ....10/10

Regards:
Alun

cunny
29th April, 2009, 07:15 AM
I would have to say linksy for me, found that the dd-wrt firmware is bang on for everything i want to do over the network, tried belkin/variations and found these do not compare with it in the slightest.

DJSimo
4th May, 2009, 08:08 PM
I had Free Netgear router from VM, kept locking up and resetting and power lead connection was dodgy, so VM sent me another"Same fault" then another "Same fault"

So gave up and bought a Belkin wireless g from Comet, on offer for ?19 had no problems since using it for cs on Dreambox Hardwired to router and PC and wirelessly for Nintendo Wii and Nokia N95

This could just be a problem with the VM branded Netgear routers though.

all
6th May, 2009, 12:57 AM
All depends if you are either dsl or cable tbh as to what is the best. And who is your isp that rwally makes a difference.

In my views though i would say the belkin n1 is a real good one

WATCHER
6th May, 2009, 01:05 AM
avm fritzbox is the best:top: for me

look at hier (http://www.avm.de/en/index.php3):deal:

moh
24th May, 2009, 06:58 PM
im using a belkin router for the last year or so and have never had a problem with it :D