PDA

View Full Version : Commando v14 for the Dreambox 500s

Renwich
9th January, 2011, 09:40 PM
http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=45803&stc=1&d=1294605600

Now with Usals and Rytec 2 day EPG

compiled from the UKCVS.org svn which includes fixes to the following

Scan Defaults to 28.2e, if you select another Sat it will save that as the last sat
Compatible driver for clones and Genuine DM500's

This image does not include any Cable support as cable is dead, but does fully support most of the normal Satellite requirements

as usual NO CAMS, KEYS, ROMS ,

all us neutrino users need now is for LraiZer to tweak the binary so it recognizes 256c png Picons).

With Thanks to LraiZer, PaphosAL, Satsearching, Scruff.

and to the Tuxbox boys for the work they have put into porting Neutrino to this fun box, (shame they seem to not continue development, or answer questions anymore)

THE PASSWORD is commando

pop CCcam into /var/bim/emu. select blue > extras menu > softcam menu, from there you can start the cam

( needs to be named "CCcam" )

New in Commando v14:

USALS (GOTO XX) diseqc support- thanks to Lraizer and Satsearching
Rytec 2 Day XML EPG - thanks to Lraizer
FastZap On-Off control in Driver/Boot Options
New head.ko Driver - thanks to LraiZer (support for alternative user driver to be loaded from /var/driver)
Softcam Status in softcam menu- again thanks to LraiZer
New boot logo - thanks to Satsearching
And, by popular demand, a retro blast from the past (2007 C9) is back. See if you notice it...
Top-secret Password is still commando
As usual- FTA Only - no keys nor cams. It's a rulez thing

AutoFS (CIFS mount tested) - Streaming - Tuxbox Commander - yWeb I/F - Lemmings - Pacman - Solitaire - Tetris - Vierg (Connect 4) - boot logo - Rytec 2 Day EPG with shellexec GUI - all this and more in C14!!

Despite the old Git's fetish with Free Space, we've enriched the new image with all these features, but have STILL maintained our world-beating 4.125MB megaMaxVar writeable JFFS2 var partition. So a typical user-customized C14 will provide something in the region of 3.3MB of Free Space!!

Anyone wishing to edit the SquashFS root partition with LraiZer's excellent Squazma Tools be warned: Your edited root must NOT exceed 2.752,512 bytes (0x2A0000h) in size!!

SatSearching
9th January, 2011, 10:54 PM
Just if anyone has trouble setting up usals, a rough guide below.

In Service Scan, ensure you have...

Bouqet = Satellite-Bouquet
Diseqc = Diseqc 1.2
Fastscan = on

Then "save settings now"

Next, go into Motor Settings.

Ensure you select Use GotoXX = on
Set your lat and long details

Do NOT select anything else, ie leave all the satellites lower down to off

Then select "save settings now".

Then back in service scan menu, select the satellite you want to scan, but DON'T select "save settings now"

Then select scan at the bottom.

SS

needy
10th January, 2011, 12:40 AM
how do i put the bouquets like on v12, theres only all channels nothin else

needy
10th January, 2011, 12:50 AM
also puttin the cccam file in does seem to work either any help i had it working on v12

mtv1
10th January, 2011, 12:52 AM
have you got dcc {dreambox control center} if so ftp it if not get it here http://rapidshare.com/files/441712505/DCC.rar

needy
10th January, 2011, 01:05 AM
yes mate thats how iv been puttin the cccam file in but wouldnt work on v14

just tried v12 again an still nothin so must be my file

SatSearching
10th January, 2011, 01:21 AM
It must be your file.

Try 2.0.9 or 2.0.11, remember to set to 755!

SS

yes mate thats how iv been puttin the cccam file in but wouldnt work on v14

just tried v12 again an still nothin so must be my file

network-nt
10th January, 2011, 12:48 PM
Thanks team Commando! I always liked their images for the cable environment.

I have a question about getting CCcam working. I have seen the instructions:
CCcam into /var/bin/emu
CCcam.cfg into /var/etc

So what I have done is create the following directory:
/var/bin/emu/cccam

and populate it with the following CCcam 2.0.11 files:
CCcam.armeb
CCcam.armeb.eabi
CCcam.mipsel
CCcam.ppc
CCcam.x86
CCcam.x86_64
ChangeLog

and also move my CCcam.cfg into /var/etc

I must be doing something wrong though as it does not work. Can anyone point out what I'm doing wrong? Many thanks.

Renwich
10th January, 2011, 01:14 PM
Thanks team Commando! I always liked their images for the cable environment.

I have a question about getting CCcam working. I have seen the instructions:
CCcam into /var/bin/emu
CCcam.cfg into /var/etc

So what I have done is create the following directory:
/var/bin/emu/cccam

and populate it with the following CCcam 2.0.11 files:
CCcam.armeb
CCcam.armeb.eabi
CCcam.mipsel
CCcam.ppc
CCcam.x86
CCcam.x86_64
ChangeLog

and also move my CCcam.cfg into /var/etc

I must be doing something wrong though as it does not work. Can anyone point out what I'm doing wrong? Many thanks.

the folder structure /var/bin/emu already existed

rename CCcam.ppc to CCcam ftp it across to /var/bin/emu chmodd 755

ftp your CCcam.cfg into /var/etc

reboot the box or restart the cam

your probably going to need a reflash if you've cocked up the folder structure and copied all those files across

network-nt
10th January, 2011, 01:45 PM
Hi Renwich - I'd only created a directory that was not needed. I deleted it and follwoed your instructions - which worked perfectly. Thank you very much!

needy
10th January, 2011, 05:17 PM
hi guys got it working just turned everything off at the wall an that worked ha, is there a way of gettin bouquets like sly or do you have to do it manually thanks

psats
10th January, 2011, 08:40 PM
hi guys got it working just turned everything off at the wall an that worked ha, is there a way of gettin bouquets like sly or do you have to do it manually thanks

you can convert the egnima ones that are posted on the forum
useing bouqet wizzard.

Renwich
10th January, 2011, 08:56 PM

ftp these ones across, it'l save you a bit of work

gerry69b
13th January, 2011, 10:18 PM
sorry to say but i could not get neither v12 nor v14 to work on a dm500s
it flashes on to dm box ok but on reboot it says it cant find any settings and is using neutrino defaults
.. i tried to set to dhcp and activate network on boot .. when i reboot all saved settings are lost ..

i am also told to scan for services .. only default satellite (astra e) is available.. i use a sky minidish ..

no amount of fumbling with the service settings will get me to pick up a tv station ..

it just looks like any changes i make are being ignored..
the same thing happens on both version 12 & 14 so i am guessing i missed something some important in the pre-requirements

psats
14th January, 2011, 11:22 AM
it flashes on to dm box ok but on reboot it says it cant find any settings and is using neutrino defaults
.. i tried to set to dhcp and activate network on boot .. when i reboot all saved settings are lost ..

i am also told to scan for services .. only default satellite (astra e) is available.. i use a sky minidish ..

no amount of fumbling with the service settings will get me to pick up a tv station ..

the same thing happens on both version 12 & 14 so i am guessing i missed something some important in the pre-requirements

try this services in . var / tuxbox / config / zapit

gerry69b
14th January, 2011, 03:21 PM
@psats

thanks for the tip .. i eventually tried today with dreamup instead of dcc and it seems to be working now

looks like flashing new images over a "rival" image should only be done through dream up (i.e. erase old image first)

as a newbie the whole thing feels like "trench warfare" with two steps forward and one step back being the way to make progress ..

still anyone old enough to remember "porridge" will remember those immortal words from fletcher-
"dont let the barstools grind you down"

i am now looking to configure the following on my dm500s

1 -mount my pc's harddrive as a share(is there any particular naming convention e.g. /share/hdd )
2 -streaming from pc to dm
3 -recording to harddrive on pc
4 -playing dvds from pc to dm

any tips/howto's would be appreciated

braindead
14th January, 2011, 08:31 PM
why did they remove the Key Bindings and where did they put them?

LraiZer
14th January, 2011, 10:45 PM
Main Menu > Settings > Personalization > Settings > Keybinding > Visible

khemo
18th February, 2011, 06:31 PM
Hi, i was using cccam2.0.9 with my irdeto card 12 months subcribtion, now its not working. because now art pehls have issue new card viaccess. The problem i have two dream box in my two house, so can share in these dreambox 500, I need help how i can use these dream box 500s, witch image and cccam i have to use to work dreambox500s with these new card viaccess of art.
thansk

garry1312
1st March, 2011, 01:03 AM
Will my Bouquets that I have set up running on Pli Jade 3 work on this image?

psats
1st March, 2011, 11:15 PM
Will my Bouquets that I have set up running on Pli Jade 3 work on this image?

if you convert them to neutrino useing bouquet wizzard

mdt
9th March, 2011, 03:04 PM
hi guys, ive been trying to get this commando v14 img working and have ftp,d the cam into var/bin/emu and chmod to 755 and transfered my config to var/ect re-booted but nothing. my line is on so whats the problem? ive tried c**am 2.2.1 and 2.1.1 which have been d/l straight from dreambox tool but no joy. regards mdt.

EDIT done it!!!!! after 3 hours of trial and error ive managed to do it. i was using a e1 cccam file which i re-named to cccam. god these linux boxs are fun!

Dog
17th March, 2011, 11:39 AM
hi guys, ive been trying to get this commando v14 img working and have ftp,d the cam into var/bin/emu and chmod to 755 and transfered my config to var/ect re-booted but nothing. my line is on so whats the problem? ive tried c**am 2.2.1 and 2.1.1 which have been d/l straight from dreambox tool but no joy. regards mdt.

EDIT done it!!!!! after 3 hours of trial and error ive managed to do it. i was using a e1 cccam file which i re-named to cccam. god these linux boxs are fun!
Hi I am having the same issue downloaded e1-cccam_2.2.1_101122 file. Uncompressed the file renamed the file in the Bin folder from CCcam_2.2.1 to CCcam copied my CCcam.cfg file (with cline) to Var/etc. Restarted cam and box (many times) waited for a channel to clear. No Joy anyone help I would be greatful

LraiZer
17th March, 2011, 02:32 PM
there was a file name bug for that cam in v14

you would be better downloading latest version 14.3 here (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/downloads/images/2/commando-v14-3-neutrino-dreambox-500s-1574/) as this was fixed in later versions

third party cam files go in /var/bin/emu/
third party cfg's go in /var/etc/

LraiZer
17th May, 2011, 09:28 PM
rytec seems to have stopped using two of the epg mirror servers in the last week or two. one of them being their official backup site which was the main one that this plugin defaulted to when a first download attempt failed.

neuxmlepg v1.3 update to fix rytec random downloads

overwrite current /var/bin/neuxmlepg with this one and chmod 755

fixes the removal of two random download mirrors by rytec.
reworked random mirror generation code and offline re-connection attempts

this update was removed as it has now been superseded by NeuXmlEPG v1.5 (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f39/commando-v14-dreambox-500s-183162/index2.html#post1109937) in post #28

Commando 14.3 HERE (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/downloads/images/2/commando-v14-3-neutrino-dreambox-500s-1574/)

kam
18th May, 2011, 05:16 PM
can someone or one of the experts make a working image with just CCCam installed and post for us that need help? or can you pm me an image to use I have my own CCCAm.cfg etc

LraiZer
23rd May, 2011, 08:16 PM
NeuXmlEPG (RYTEC2DAY) v1.5

Online EPG for Commando14 Dreambox 500 Satellite Image

install:
ftp install.tar to /var/etc/ then reboot box to install

required:
reboot box prior to processing epg to free box memory!
box must have an active connection to the internet!

press BLUE BUTTON > BLUE BUTTON > RED BUTTON to add current channel to the processing list for online epg.

select Load Online EPG at StartUP>ON and reboot box to have online epg auto download and run 60 seconds after you turn your box on. this is the recomended option!

only edit the following files if you need to make any manual modifications to the /var/etc/e1_UK.dat channel list file during an update latest rytec settings process:
/var/etc/e1_UK_add.dat
/var/etc/e1_UK_delete.dat

now automatically downloads and updates itself with latest rytec random server list and latest channel map list at the end of each month.

Commando 14.3 HERE (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/downloads/images/2/commando-v14-3-neutrino-dreambox-500s-1574/)

LraiZer
3rd June, 2011, 11:38 PM
SGTFlipFlop NEUTRINO 22.05.11 (Multi)

ftp bouquets.xml and services.xml to /var/tuxbox/config/zapit/
ftp satellites.xml to /var/etc/

commando14.3 HERE (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/downloads/images/2/commando-v14-3-neutrino-dreambox-500s-1574/)

quartz75
23rd July, 2011, 06:16 AM
I put commando to DM500 and everything is OK, but can not find how to activate certain channels subtitle. Help me please

Guybrush100
18th August, 2011, 12:40 PM
Hi all.

I'm a newbie, so be gentle.

Bought a DM500s off Fleabay. Have tried several images (Jade3, Darkstar II), now trying Commando 14.3 as was looking for the best UK image.

I have completed FTP on all images except this one. States, User = Root. Password = Commando.

Tried this, but cannot gain access. Getting message returned;-

Telnet Connected
FTP Connected

Bootmanager: not found.
Telnet Disconnected
Telnet login incorrect!

Tried DBOX, DBOX2, DREAMBOX // DCC, FlashFXP

Was slightly worried my cable was a ethernet, so just bought a brand new crossover. Turned Firewall off. Still no luck..

Any idea's anyone? Running XP

Many thanks in advance & have a great day :)

barrowmanandrew
18th August, 2011, 12:49 PM
try this

user: root
password: ukcvs.org

Guybrush100
18th August, 2011, 01:29 PM
try this

user: root
password: ukcvs.org

No luck :(

Thank you for your help anyway kind sir :)

Only managed FTA so far & must have tried//read forums for 100+hrs already. Was hoping to catch some of the cricket this week ;-)

If no luck by end of play today, will try Jade3 again. Just was having problems with 28.4 instead of 28.2 on that image.

Thanks again & have a tip top day

LraiZer
18th August, 2011, 07:50 PM
if you are using capital letters for Root and Commando then you will not gain access to v14. there are NO capital letters in user or password for v14. try installing v14.3 and using the NEW passwords in post #32.

Commando14.3 HERE (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/downloads/images/2/commando-v14-3-neutrino-dreambox-500s-1574/)

couscouscobra
25th August, 2011, 09:30 PM
Are you using Dreamup

larsjeee
4th September, 2011, 03:16 PM
Thank you for your work on this image, will try this on my dm500, currently using openplex but look for something more stylish, with more and nicer skins..

grdn
22nd September, 2011, 03:16 PM
hello can this image run mgcamb.? thanks
ive put files in emu and the other files in kys and start mgcamb
i like this image better tham emigma

Bazigar007
3rd October, 2011, 09:38 AM
Hello Love the Commando 14 Image but am having trouble with cs-line in the image .. cannot get it to work .. do not quite grask how to chnmod .. Has anyone got a working image .. who could let me have it .. without cs-line but with instructions on how to add cs-line and chmod .. Please

Bazigar007
6th October, 2011, 09:44 AM
mmmmm so no one has commando 14 running then.

Renwich
11th October, 2011, 07:37 PM
ftp the CCcam binary into /var/bin/emu no need for chmod,

just start the cam via the menu

kashoggi
2nd December, 2011, 12:28 AM
Awesome, will have a look at this thanks.

NO10RANGER
2nd December, 2011, 02:59 AM
ftp the CCcam binary into /var/bin/emu no need for chmod,

just start the cam via the menu

Could some please tell me where to get the CCam files for adding to the box and if it is possible to run MGCAMD instead of CCam

Many Thanks NO10Ranger

SatSearching
2nd December, 2011, 09:11 PM
Google? (cccam.ppc)

Thats 3 "C"s

Are you saying Mgcam won't work?

Could some please tell me where to get the CCam files for adding to the box and if it is possible to run MGCAMD instead of CCam

Many Thanks NO10Ranger

PaphosAL
3rd December, 2011, 10:28 AM
Commando versions prior to 14.3 did not contain libcrypto.so.0.9.7 which mgcamd requires. So if you're running an older version, you can pop that file into /var/lib

But you'd be far better off reflashing with the latest 14.4 release, then adding the latest channel picons package.

Cheers- AL :)

monsur
4th December, 2011, 09:40 PM
can someone please help i loaded 14.4 release but on the screen i get a message saying error no channels found
i tryed scaning but still get the message,

all cables are connected fine

LraiZer
4th December, 2011, 10:06 PM
can someone please help i loaded 14.4 release but on the screen i get a message saying error no channels found
i tryed scaning but still get the message,

all cables are connected fine

did you use DreamUP image flashing software to flash the commando image to your box?
if not, then your image flashing software may not have overwritten the /var partition on the box with the one from the commando image.

transfer commando image via ftp into the /tmp folder on your box and reflash via commando menu to make sure the image is re-flashed correctly.

main menu > service > image upgrade/backup > flash a new image.

monsur
4th December, 2011, 10:22 PM
thankyou so much i used DCC but will try dreamup,
thanks lraizer (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/members/1378-lraizer/)

LraiZer
4th December, 2011, 10:45 PM
thankyou so much i used DCC but will try dreamup,
thanks lraizer (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/members/1378-lraizer/)

commando can only be flashed correctly with DreamUP or by manual telnet commands. this is because commando image has been built with none standard partition structures and folders which enables the image to have a massive 4meg free space. thats 10% more free space than any lite version of the Enigma1 MaxVar images.

monsur
5th December, 2011, 12:38 AM
thankyou normaly i do use dreamup but could not find my lead, i need to connect via the usb port as my computer does not have a serial port,
manythanks

monsur
5th December, 2011, 12:43 AM
do you no what image a openbox dm500s comes with as standard

monsur
5th December, 2011, 01:16 PM
got it to work
thanks

PaphosAL
6th December, 2011, 08:33 PM
commando can only be flashed correctly with DreamUP or by manual telnet commands. this is because commando image has been built with none standard partition structures and folders which enables the image to have a massive 4meg free space. thats 10% more free space than any lite version of the Enigma1 MaxVar images.

Are you sure C14.4 is only 10% more free space in the r/w var partition than OpenPLi Maxvar, LraiZer? I thought we had won rakes more room than that, m8?

Cheers- AL :confused:

dave_UK
23rd December, 2011, 03:55 PM
Hi all,

I haven't been on here much since N3 on \/M. Im on sat and motorised now. I'm not a n00b but ive only used 1 good (matches my requirements) image on my box which is Edge Nemisis 4.4 and i'm kinda stuck in my ways. Just wondering if anybody has used this commando image on a Technomate 9100S ? I can usually use DM500 images on it. I have my box setup just the way I like it but as EDG4.4 is now dead theres no updates etc.
So, my questions are:

1. Does anybody know if this image will work on my TM9100s ?

2. I used the following addons/extras will they still be supported?

-CCcam 2.3.0 (I guess thats a yes as I did read through page 1 ha)

-The blue button addon/extras URL function to install apps? (url file required of course)

-CCcam Switch

-EDG4.4 also displays the hops used on the C: line using a title menu bar, does this image have hops displayed?

-HDD/PVR support (pretty daft question by me i reckon ha)

-I also use DreamBoxEdit to upload the channel lists from Cyrus and add my own custom bouquets.

So if this image supports the majority of the above I'm comming back to Commando :) Used to be on it for years with Dbox.

Cheers
Dave

SatSearching
24th December, 2011, 09:25 PM
Hi all,
I can usually use DM500 images on it.

Are you sure you can use images compiled for a dm500 on that box????

SS

dave_UK
24th December, 2011, 09:48 PM
Are you sure you can use images compiled for a dm500 on that box????

SS
I thought so,, I tried to use TM Control Centre to put commando on and i got the NOT SUPPORT !=TM9100 error :( guess I must be wrong and I think it might be a newly or recompiled EDG image. Ah well, guess I'm outta luck for Commando. I think trying a null/serial flash might be risky ..?

Cheers

SatSearching
24th December, 2011, 10:41 PM
I don't think the technomate is a clone of the dm500, different hardware.

If so, don't even try the null modem way. Think you will be limited to Technomate images only, sorry.

SS

I thought so,, I tried to use TM Control Centre to put commando on and i got the NOT SUPPORT !=TM9100 error :( guess I must be wrong and I think it might be a newly or recompiled EDG image. Ah well, guess I'm outta luck for Commando. I think trying a null/serial flash might be risky ..?

Cheers

dave_UK
24th December, 2011, 10:49 PM
I don't think the technomate is a clone of the dm500, different hardware.

If so, don't even try the null modem way. Think you will be limited to Technomate images only, sorry.

SS

Yea looks that way ,, cheers for info :)

LraiZer
24th December, 2011, 11:15 PM
i think they had problems porting neutrino to itgate box using the itgate drivers so i dont think you will get neutrino running on a technomate any time soon. same boxes!

iain1965
31st December, 2011, 08:13 PM
Hello Love the Commando 14 Image but am having trouble with cs-line in the image .. cannot get it to work .. do not quite grask how to chnmod .. Has anyone got a working image .. who could let me have it .. without cs-line but with instructions on how to add cs-line and chmod .. Please

Download and unzip CCcam file of your choice.

Start Dcc 296 and connect to your dreambox.

Select FTP on Cofiguration Toolbar.

Navigate to var/bin/emu

In the right hand column navigate to where you unzipped your CCcam file/folder

Select the cccam.ppc file and transfer to left hand side using the arrow on the centre bar.

When ccam.ppc has been transferred, rename it to cccam.

Right clicxk on the file and select Attributes, then click 755 and hit OK.

If you have not transferred cccam.cfg file to var/etc do it now, then edit cccam.cfg with your c-lines.

The rest has already been explained, blue/extras menu/softcam menu/ cccam - on

You should now be able to view your subscription channels.

Have fun.:party:

breezycbr
2nd January, 2012, 11:21 PM
[QUOTE=Renwich;923457]ftp these ones across, it'l save you a bit of work[/QUOT

Thanks for these

PaphosAL
3rd January, 2012, 01:21 PM
Small but important correction to the post #58 above.

If you name the cam as /var/bin/emu/cccam then the Softcam Menu will NOT recognize it!

It MUST be named /var/bin/emu/CCcam

Secondly, there is no need to bother with chmod as the Softcam Menu encoding does this for you, when you select and start CCcam in there. LraiZer even tells you what version of CCcam it is.

rdukes
13th January, 2012, 05:22 PM
Can this image work with other region like Russia. I installed it and only can scan astra for UK. I need to set-up for Eutelsat W4/W7. I love the look and feel of this image. Please advice

SatSearching
13th January, 2012, 08:26 PM
Can this image work with other region like Russia. I installed it and only can scan astra for UK. I need to set-up for Eutelsat W4/W7. I love the look and feel of this image. Please advice

In the scan settings, you should be able to scan other satellites, I can do it fine here with a motor dish.

SS

LraiZer
13th January, 2012, 08:47 PM
if you have a static dish then try these settings in scan menu

bouquet = satellite-bouquet
diseqc = no diseqc
satellite = eutelsat sesat 36.0e
fast scan = off

rdukes
14th January, 2012, 08:36 PM
Can I load mgcamd setting from my old dm500s that is working on enigma 1, if so where can i load those settings ?

I also have a backup of my services, satelite.xml can i put them in ? (where) Thanks for all your help.
My gold is to change this dm 500s to the new enigma2. I hope this can be done. You rock for helping....

rdukes
14th January, 2012, 09:23 PM
if you have a static dish then try these settings in scan menu

bouquet = satellite-bouquet
diseqc = no diseqc
satellite = eutelsat sesat 36.0e
fast scan = off

I see no this in the list of sats to scan
Eutelsat W4/W7.

How can I add my list of sats, where can i put the satelite.xml file so it will see my Russian sat?

PaphosAL
15th January, 2012, 11:09 AM
Can I load mgcamd setting from my old dm500s that is working on enigma 1, if so where can i load those settings ?

I also have a backup of my services, satelite.xml can i put them in ? (where) Thanks for all your help.
My gold is to change this dm 500s to the new enigma2. I hope this can be done. You rock for helping....

Yes, C14.4 Blue button Softcam Menu fully supports mgcamd

services.xml and bouquets.xml must be in Neutrino format (not enigma E1) and go into /var/tuxbox/config/zapit

Your satellites.xml goes into /var/etc

It's worth backing up existing files from the release image before you go overwriting anything.

PaphosAL
15th January, 2012, 11:18 AM
I see no this in the list of sats to scan
Eutelsat W4/W7.

How can I add my list of sats, where can i put the satelite.xml file so it will see my Russian sat?

Your Eutelsat W4/W7 is in the default C14.4 satellites.xml 'as' Eutelsat Sesat 36.0E

AL :)

rdukes
19th January, 2012, 04:27 PM
Your Eutelsat W4/W7 is in the default C14.4 satellites.xml 'as' Eutelsat Sesat 36.0E

Thanks for all your answer got it all to work, but found out the roms fonts does not support russian Cyrillic fonts :( . is there a way to do this ?

rdukes
19th January, 2012, 04:33 PM

Thanks for all your answer got it all to work, but found out the roms fonts does not support russian Cyrillic fonts . is there a way to do this ?

SatSearching
19th January, 2012, 11:30 PM
Thanks for all your answer got it all to work, but found out the roms fonts does not support russian Cyrillic fonts . is there a way to do this ?

Now your asking! I guess we need some serious info and feedback from you to do this?

PaphosAL
20th January, 2012, 11:04 AM

It's a long shot, but try this: In /var/share create a new subfolder named fonts

Then un-rar the attached font file and FTP it to that new folder. So you will see

/var/share/fonts/md_khmurabi_10.ttf

Reboot, and then tell us if you get the cyrillic characters or not?

rdukes
20th January, 2012, 07:32 PM
It's a long shot, but try this: In /var/share create a new subfolder named fonts

Then un-rar the attached font file and FTP it to that new folder. So you will see

I will give it a try now, get back to you..

rdukes
20th January, 2012, 08:12 PM
I will give it a try now, get back to you..

I went through what you said about the fonts but in the ftp there was already this font.?????

rdukes
20th January, 2012, 08:12 PM

I went through what you said about the fonts but in the ftp there was already this font.?????

rdukes
20th January, 2012, 08:46 PM

tried the font you sent didn't work, i even took the font from my old image and still no work. HMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

PaphosAL
21st January, 2012, 12:55 PM
Never mind, it was worth a try. The one in the root partition (r/o) is a symilnk pointing to bluebold.ttf and not a 'real' md_khmurabi_10.ttf

Do you see the proper Cyrillic characters when running an E1 Enigma image, like OpenPLi ???

rdukes
22nd January, 2012, 11:46 AM
Yes I see Text right when using other images. But love this one. I hate living in Russia things are hard to come by when it's technical stuff :)

PaphosAL
23rd January, 2012, 01:01 PM
Yes I see Text right when using other images. But love this one. I hate living in Russia things are hard to come by when it's technical stuff :)

OK, in that case, let us try another test, my friend. The bluebold.ttf font we use in Commando is 28kb and is actually micron.ttf renamed. The real bluebold.ttf font is 41kb in size, and is attached for you to try.

I suspect it might be that the genuine bluebold font is the one that supports Cyrillic characters. If it works for you, then expect to carry out some adjustments to font sizes in the various OSD menus etc.

Same as before- unrar it, and FTP to /var/share/fonts and reboot

If no discernable difference is seen, then sorry, it means that neutrino doen't read test fonts from that alternative path. Maybe LraiZer can clarify?

iainho00
23rd January, 2012, 02:32 PM
how to i get mgcamd to work in image 14.4?

iain1965
12th February, 2012, 05:57 PM
how to i get mgcamd to work in image 14.4?

Try searching the forum, you might just find your answer.

tatoavila
19th February, 2012, 04:14 AM
I need some help please about general know

SatSearching
21st February, 2012, 08:58 PM
I need some help please about general know

"General Know" is no longer supported and won't compile anymore, not sure if a plugin is available..

wtf:questionmark: