PDA

View Full Version : HDMI(DVI) issue

jaipal2004
10th January, 2011, 01:18 PM
Despite what image is on - friends DM800 HD (clone) has the following issue:

Scart works fine

DVI/Component displays static on the screen and no audio (something is being output as otherwise he would get a blank screen on his TV)

There appears to be no pattern to this although it will randomly start to work again.

As it's a HD box naturally he wants to use DVI <> HDMI - not crappy SCART!!

What could it be?

Thanks

10th January, 2011, 08:07 PM
jaipal might be a case of process of elimination. Check the DVI cable,could have faulty pins also try it on a different TV. You probably already have but check your output settings on the DM800

jaipal2004
10th January, 2011, 11:21 PM
jaipal might be a case of process of elimination. Check the DVI cable,could have faulty pins also try it on a different TV. You probably already have but check your output settings on the DM800

Thing is nothing changes between it working and then not working?!

That's what is confusing!

DreamboxDM800user
25th January, 2011, 07:46 PM
I have the same problem. Initially I thought it might be due to overheating of some elements so I got a USB dreambox cooling tray from eBay. The box is cold but HDMI still cuts off.
I have tried:
different cables, swapping HDMI in the TV unit 1,2,3,4.
NO LUCK. I see this happens mainly on Hi-Def channels or Full HD channels.

3 things that temporary make the problem go away:
- DM800; off and back on again
or
- TV; off and back on again
or
- Cable; unplug and plug it back in.

What is going on? I know some earlier DM had some problems and you could get a replacement part for it. Is this a similar case?
Some small piece of cheap electronics playing up?

Any ideas?

jaipal2004
31st January, 2011, 05:57 PM
It's somethig to do with the TV as resetting this (LG) cures the problem. Think it's down to the handshaking between the two devices!