PDA

View Full Version : Dreambox 800 / DCHP

andiewill
10th January, 2011, 05:35 PM
I have my DB800 connected to my router and i want to locate the ip address of the dchp, so i can access the box by wireless with my laptop, as i do with my itgate.

The question is where is the page to view the ip as it is not shown in the network page or anywhere else that i have looked, any help will do.

andy91
10th January, 2011, 05:38 PM
I have my DB800 connected to my router and i want to locate the ip address of the dchp, so i can access the box by wireless with my laptop, as i do with my itgate.

The question is where is the page to view the ip as it is not shown in the network page or anywhere else that i have looked, any help will do.

Should be in Network where you can choose what ip setting you like?

Andy.

andiewill
10th January, 2011, 05:55 PM
it is there when you select your own ip, but when you choose dhcp there is nothing there to say what your ip is ?

plasterer
10th January, 2011, 06:14 PM
Andy try
user interface (yes)
Use dhcp (yes)

netmask 255.255.255.0
gateway same as router
Prime dns .same as router
Reboot box and router
Should be able to login wireless
using the assigned ip addy with browser and ftp
Hope this helps .................Paul

go to
Menu
setup
system
Network
Adapter settings

andiewill
10th January, 2011, 09:16 PM
Sorted Paul connected to the box and transfered bouquets to box, now to get a picture on the tv, the funny thing is i had to factory reset the box for it to display the info i wanted.

Now another question, now that i have my bouquets on my box it states that i have to add each satalitte before i get a picture is that correct as it is saying check tuner configuration ?

plasterer
10th January, 2011, 09:20 PM
Ive got 2 differant fixed dishes mate
Not up to speed with the moterised set up yet
Does my needs at the mo 13e and 28................Paul

andiewill
10th January, 2011, 09:36 PM
Ok yes you do as i have a picture now on 28.e which i have set my first tuner config up to and it is all looking fine and dandy exspecially on the hd channles.

But no sound as i am running dvi to dvi as my lcd has only got dvi input and the other inputs component, composite, s video, and i belive dvi does not carry sound ?

so do i need to run it with the scart adapter and link it up that way with the audio output into the dvi audio input, i will look for some leads and check and get back, but so far well impressed.

The answer is yes you do need to run a seperate audio cable and bobs your uncle, now to do an in depth configuring to the box and it feels good to have a new toy to play with :-)