PDA

View Full Version : Difference in the fans attitude...

gypsyarmy
6th December, 2008, 11:13 AM
Being a Clyde supporter you probably think "you what!? Clyde? WTF have they done?" But I have been to nearly all Scottish football grounds as my father followed Rangers and we used to drive to all the away games and the good ol' away days in the lower leagues following Clyde. Also showed my support for my National team at Hampden Park and thought that all fans were the same..

...Until I went to Fratton Park at the begginning of Nov.

Me n the missus endured and 8 1/2 hour drive down 2 Pompey cause' I have adopted them as my 'English' team due to a section of their support came up to support us a few years back. Over the years Iv'e watched them on the Tv and listened to the atmosphere which i truley think is fantastic and wanted to sample it for myself..dont get me wrong 'we' were cheated off the park and Wigans Titus Bramble should take up diving, or acting as a career but thats another story.

The difference in the fans attitude I found was incredible, not once did i hear the supporters giving the players abuse when either they lost the ball or made an absolute Vagina of themselves but it happens in every single Scottish football ground..

Are us Scots really 'greetin faced b@st*rds??'
Or should we just shut up and come to terms with Scottish football is garbage and we cannot afford the same quality of players as even League 1!
Maybe if we got behind the players more instead of slating them they would put in a better performance.

Your thoughts

davieboy.rfc
6th December, 2008, 11:52 AM
ye m8y im a gers fan & we do get on our players backs very easily & i suppose im guilty of it at times as i desperately want my team 2 win the league.

Nasnas
6th December, 2008, 12:32 PM
Scottish footy maybe poor, but I think the supporters are far better than the english supporters.