PDA

View Full Version : DNS SERVER ISN'T RESPONDING

cpo312
12th January, 2011, 08:33 PM
Hi
My internet connection keeps knocking off and my I tried trouble shooting it I got the error4 report: " DNS server isn't responding" Please how can I resolve this.? Thanks.

Reapers
12th January, 2011, 08:48 PM
whats your operating sytem your currently using on the affected deskop or laptop?

cpo312
15th January, 2011, 05:57 PM
Sorry Reapers my system was down for a while. I am using Windows 7 Home Edition and I am on the Vodafone Huawei Hg556a router.

Reapers
16th January, 2011, 12:10 PM
type this on the computer that affected

on your start search box
type cmd
then right click on it run as adminstrator
then type these exactly the same

netsh winsock reset catalog
netsh int ip reset reset.log hit

then

ipconfig /flushdns

then renew your connection on your computer wireless or the router web interface.

cpo312
16th January, 2011, 02:56 PM
Hi Reaper I just did all you suggested successfully and on turning it on it played for a minute and disconnected again. when it disconnects the picture freezes and on checking cs studio, on the provider tab it says: "Server is down or updating try again later". I press the update tab it shows that it is updating as the seconds reads but the server is red color and it will not connect. It reconnects itself after a few minutes. Thyen I press the update tab again and it turns white color

Spango
19th January, 2011, 06:29 PM
ello, have you tried going to control panel, network connections and setting up a static IP address ?

choozay
20th January, 2011, 05:22 PM
wat about trying a diff DNS router??

If u try a diff DNS and get the same error then your problem might be else where??

cpo312
21st January, 2011, 06:25 PM
ello, have you tried going to control panel, network connections and setting up a static IP address ?

It always set to static IP.

cpo312
21st January, 2011, 06:39 PM
wat about trying a diff DNS router??

If u try a diff DNS and get the same error then your problem might be else where??
I am using Vodafone broadband Huawei Hg556a Router now so is it possible to use a Eircom Netopia router to try a different DNS router?