PDA

View Full Version : Galletto/Ediabas cable FTDI drivers switching

se93
13th January, 2011, 03:56 AM
Hi guys

I managed to get my Galletto clone working, but this required that i delete the FTDI drivers that i use for my Ediabas cable that i use for SSS/DIS and INPA. Is there a way to be able to have both sets of cables and their respective drivers installed so that i do not have to delete the Ediabas cable FTDI drivers when i want to use the Galletto and viceversa? This is for Windows XP

Any suggestions?

Regards,
Mark

woodywoodpecker
13th January, 2011, 03:04 PM
Hi guys

I managed to get my Galletto clone working, but this required that i delete the FTDI drivers that i use for my Ediabas cable that i use for SSS/DIS and INPA. Is there a way to be able to have both sets of cables and their respective drivers installed so that i do not have to delete the Ediabas cable FTDI drivers when i want to use the Galletto and viceversa? This is for Windows XP

Any suggestions?

Regards,
Mark

yes install both sets of drivers but use different usb ports for each cable.

se93
13th January, 2011, 03:55 PM
yes install both sets of drivers but use different usb ports for each cable.

The ediabas cable is installed in COM1 and the Galletto in COM 11. Problem is if i have the FTDI drivers installed from the Ediabas cable, when i install the Galletto, it will not enable to install the drivers for the Galletto as windows will automatically install drivers for it and these do not make the Galletto functional. When i uninstall the FTDI drivers and uninstall the COM 1 from the Ediabas cable, then i have no problems with installing the Galletto and i can select the drivers from the Galletto CD.

Regards,
Mark

se93
16th January, 2011, 10:21 PM
Is there anyone that might have a proper solution to this?

Regards,
Mark

jnoroeste
18th January, 2011, 02:25 AM
The ediabas cable is installed in COM1 and the Galletto in COM 11. Problem is if i have the FTDI drivers installed from the Ediabas cable, when i install the Galletto, it will not enable to install the drivers for the Galletto as windows will automatically install drivers for it and these do not make the Galletto functional. When i uninstall the FTDI drivers and uninstall the COM 1 from the Ediabas cable, then i have no problems with installing the Galletto and i can select the drivers from the Galletto CD.

Regards,
Mark
Hi M8, after install galletto go to usb controllers select your interface and click update drivers (from control panel/systems/hardware, select update drivers,) select install from specific folder, select (down) don?t search, I?ll select the controller I go to install.
Good luck!

se93
18th January, 2011, 02:33 AM
Hi M8, after install galletto go to usb controllers select your interface and click update drivers (from control panel/systems/hardware, select update drivers,) select install from specific folder, select (down) don?t search, I?ll select the controller I go to install.
Good luck!

I have tried that many times (but with the FTDI drivers installed from my Ediabas cable) and windows says it cannot find a better match for the hardware. I am able to select the Galletto drivers, but cannot install them. I assume its the FTDI drivers from the Ediabas cable causing the problem. It worked perfectly on the other laptop when i uninstalled the FTDI drivers of the Ediabas cable, i went ahead and connected the Galletto and then windows enabled me to select the Galletto drivers. The drivers were installed and the Galletto was working perfectly.

What could i do?

Regards,
Mark

ka-pa-za
19th January, 2011, 07:10 PM
Get FTDIcleaner (https://github.com/mss/ftdiclean) run it and install them back one by one. never install a new FTDI controlled cable while other is connected.