PDA

View Full Version : Ford "as-Build"

carlito89
14th January, 2011, 02:46 AM
Can any one tell me what the procedure is on how to flash a Ford PCM to "as-build" condition (state) using IDS/VCM?

cklair
16th January, 2011, 01:35 AM
when you replace reprogramable module on ford,new moduls need to be written according to the option vehicle have.you can retrive data from old modual that need to be changed and rewrite on new moduals.if some how data is not available ids ask to get the as bult data from side,then you get it from ford by intering vehicle vin number.

Wolfpack
18th January, 2011, 02:12 AM
what your saying is if the ECM your going to replace is fried then you have to program as-built first then program the calibration file

carlito89
19th January, 2011, 05:19 AM
No, let me explain.
I flashed a vehicle with the updated flash (new one) since then the vehicle is running worse than before the flash. I was reading if that happens to re-flash the pcm to "as-build" (the way it came off the assembly line when new) they say that it will rectify the problem.
My question is ... How?
I requested the "as-build" file from the ford website, I have that but it is not in a ".bin file" format that I can down load to the pcm.
it looks more like

III FFFIFF TTTFF
FFF IFIF TT FFF000
0000FF FFF0011

and so on....... it looks like coding,
not that lettering in particular but something similar to that.
What I asking, what do I do with that? or is that the file? and I have to make it into a ".bin file" format.

xbobcz
19th January, 2011, 08:18 AM
No, let me explain.
I flashed a vehicle with the updated flash (new one) since then the vehicle is running worse than before the flash. I was reading if that happens to re-flash the pcm to "as-build" (the way it came off the assembly line when new) they say that it will rectify the problem.
My question is ... How?
I requested the "as-build" file from the ford website, I have that but it is not in a ".bin file" format that I can down load to the pcm.
it looks more like

III FFFIFF TTTFF
FFF IFIF TT FFF000
0000FF FFF0011

and so on....... it looks like coding,
not that lettering in particular but something similar to that.
What I asking, what do I do with that? or is that the file? and I have to make it into a ".bin file" format.

Ford as-build file is only original pcm configuration, not full flash. In as-build are information like fuel type, transmission type, tire size and similar. I mean, that only way is to find older calibration file and flash it into pcm.

Sleuth
19th January, 2011, 03:37 PM
Not a flash file.
Here is what you do:
Go to Ford site >Quick Guides >Module Build data >enter VIN number and get data. Disconnect fuse from module you want to program or add as_built data
IDS >Module Programming>select module from list >Verify VIN number or add >Install fuse removed >continue with IDS > takes you to page to add as built data.

RobbyD
22nd January, 2011, 02:39 AM
Carlito89. Are you online when your reprogramming. Because it should do that for you with the latest version from fords. That's the only way it will let me program pcm's. I have to be online. Or it asks me to go to this other site,that you have to have password for. I never had to do that with older version of IDS,just the newer version.

carlito89
24th January, 2011, 05:25 AM
Thanks Guys for the reply's, Robby I am on line, when I check if the vehicle has an update the IDS/VCM indicates that there's is one available and gives me the flash download code. I go to the ford web site(no password request), enter in the code and request for the flash, a flash pops up ready for download. I down load the flash to my laptop, then the IDS searches for the flash & sets it up to flash the PCM or what ever module your working with.
Sleuth I going to try your method and see if that works, one thing I'm not sure about.. why do you have to remove the fuse? what is that for? I'm going to do it as you say, just wondering what that does?
I'll let you know on what happens, hopefully I wont be calling Fords Tech Line because I f**k it up.

Hardware
25th January, 2011, 04:18 AM
The IDS gets the "as Built data" from the old module. If the old module is not connected, and is not stored on the laptop. When you connect the new module and program it. The "as Built data" will be missing. the IDS will pop up a screen for you to input the "as Built data" because it was not downloaded from the old module. The info was as described in previous posts, gas tank size, electronic ac, etc etc the info that changes from base model to loaded out models.

Sleuth
25th January, 2011, 05:26 PM
perhaps...but not the way I do it...Old data could be corrupted or from a used controller.wrong. Hope it helps

carlito89
2nd February, 2011, 03:46 AM
Hey Guys, Sleuth I tried what said.... no dice, I cant get this to go to "as build". This is what I did...
1,Got the data from ford, left the window open minimized.
2,Pulled the fuses for the PCM from the main junction box under hood.
3,Plug in IDS, start new session, it tries to link up but it cant. Until I put the fuse back in it wont connect.
4,Fuse back in, connects, is this the vin.. I click yes.
5,Go to Program Modules
6,Three options show up, 1- Replacing Module, 2- Re programing Module, 3- Module Parameter Programing (axle/tire ratio)
7,Go to Re programing Module>PCM>. Info on screen.. There is no later update at this time. then it shows the file number and flash number. No "as build" offered.

Then I exit out, go back to first window, select Module Programing, pull fuses then to next window, same three options show up I never see the "as build" option.
Called Ford for tech help, option 4 on the phone sent me to a Snap-on tools message (what is that??) go back to phone options, get to tech help for IDS> enter 9 digit ford code to advance, I have no code as I don't work for ford.
Can you give me a play by play as this is driving me up the wall... If possible like you hold someones hand as you go through the steps. What I'm trying to Flash... There are two 2001 Focus sedans that were updated, since then the complaint is the same... Fuel economy, it went from about 9L/100KM to now 14L/100KM. I hear about it every day.

Thanks...

Sleuth
2nd February, 2011, 02:58 PM
Try this: You are programming the PCM ..correct?

1-Go to web site and save as built data--print
2-Disconnect fuse from PCM power supply
3-Open IDS > module programming > Programming Module Installation..verify vin..etc..follow ids till it gets to screen--Install new module..Key will be off.
4-Install fuse..>back to IDS..hit prompt OK. At this point the software_IDS is forced into asbuilt screen

Maybe you went into Program module...instead of Program Module Installation?

If you cant get it..pm me with Skype id..Teamviewer and I will come and help ..

Regards

Fordracer4life
4th February, 2011, 03:25 AM
Does anyone have info on the function of the letter position or a chart on changing as built to allow pmi changes out of allowed spec?

cklair
4th February, 2011, 03:30 AM
here is the web site to get "As bult data" just put the vin,and down load the file to calibration folders,or just copy the data and printout,add manually in.good to go.http://http://www.motorcraftservice.com/vdirs/SPubs/default.asp?pageid=spubs_as_call&nomenu=yes
if link not work try for this http://www.motorcraftservice.com/vdirs/SPubs/default.asp?pageid=spubs_as_call&nomenu=yes

Sleuth
5th February, 2011, 01:14 AM
someone looking for the Golden Nugget huh.....

Fordracer4life
5th February, 2011, 02:28 AM
someone looking for the Golden Nugget huh.....
No Silver
What would be the easiest way to retreive as built data from a module in order to view it and compare diffrent calibration codes

Sleuth
5th February, 2011, 03:55 PM
no longer available

Fordracer4life
14th February, 2011, 03:41 AM
Wifes truck caused me to use as built yesterday. The DSM drivers seat module some how lost its configure b2477 at the same time a 5 amp gem fuse blew causing no power seat or door locks. I went to IDS install new module even though its same module. Ids could not recover config from it so ids prompt me to retrieve asbuilt from ford. What a pain I dont see why it cant look it up for you. Funny thing is I had a another one last week with same code for dsm and psm they alllowed ids to retrieve config from old module and install in same module and work again. Ford says if b2477 is present replace module.

Sleuth
15th February, 2011, 03:19 PM
Wierd stuff..seems the ids software will know if the configuration is correct? Maybe just checks for string..not proper equipment ?

carlito89
17th February, 2011, 03:16 AM
Hey Sleuth, sorry didn't get back to you sooner I didn't have a chance to try it again till today. I got to the point of erasing the PCM and downloading a flash to reinstall, set the tire and axle config but I still don't see where you add the data from the as build request that I have. still did not see the "as build" on the screen of the laptop.
Need some help or a match with about $2.00 worth of gas. I'm going to try to give you a call on skype, I'm in Ont Canada.what is a good time for you?

Thanks

Sleuth
6th March, 2011, 08:28 PM
sorry..been sick with flu..anytime..

nutloose
20th March, 2011, 11:22 AM
when ids profiles the vehicle at the start of the session it asks... are these details correct? hit NO and you can re-enter them.

If you want to see "tear off tag data",pcm and calibration number etc look in the session log.

I don't think you will be able to flash with an earlier calibration file than the current version
(*unless you try renaming it?)

kfprint
20th March, 2011, 02:05 PM
I think he wants to roll back the calibration to an as built calibration, eg the first file put in the PCM a the factory.

Anyone know how to do this ? i have a problem where I updated a transit connect and the speed limit function was removed from the options. with error module does not suport the function. It did before the update.

would be handy to roll back

dieselmech32
24th March, 2011, 05:03 PM
Give me your vin number and I will put it into oasis and get you the "as built data" and send it to you. I have access to the Ford database. I will see if I can assist you.

kfprint
26th March, 2011, 06:30 PM
Thanks but I have the same access and can get the data but can't find anywhere to enter it on this vehicle. Transit connect 2006, lynx 90ps

Hardware
10th April, 2011, 06:55 PM
You need to erase log files with the vin number, unless you hit no. If module has as-built data in it it won't prompt you to enter it, even if the data is not correct. Find the log files and rename them or erase them. Start session with fuse removed, and proceed to program a new module. replace fuse and attempt to program,should prompt you for as-built data. If you want to program a specific flash file, just rename it to the file that IDS wants to use, and it will be programmed. You can use old files by renaming them.

oscarboiro
14th July, 2011, 11:51 PM
Thanks for this information!!!!:marchmellow: