PDA

View Full Version : elite mod

guppy1810
6th December, 2008, 01:06 PM
is it possible to mod the elite?

dowlinr
6th December, 2008, 02:57 PM
it's possible to mod any 360. If you have a lite on drive you'll either have to wait a few weeks before c4eva releases ixtreme 1.5 or you'll have to buy a different drive and use the key from the lite on. Any other drives are flashable.

Raven
6th December, 2008, 05:29 PM
Does anybody know if the xbox mod scene are working on modding the nxe update so that people don't need to have the disc in their drives when playing installed games as it's just a security measure....or is it more complex a situation than I'm giving it credit for ?

C64
6th December, 2008, 05:43 PM
....or is it more complex a situation than I'm giving it credit for ?

Yup :)

The day they figure that out will be the day when we can all start looking forward to using XBMC etc on the 360 :)

Someone somewhere is working on it, but don't hold your breath. :)

martin-f
6th December, 2008, 06:08 PM
i have updated to the new dashboard and now i can not stream from my meadia center or connect to it is there a fix for this or can i go back to the old dashboard that worked great thanks for any help

dowlinr
6th December, 2008, 06:20 PM
streaming works fine, just watched a movie myself. Afaik there is no way to downgrade the dash.

martin-f
6th December, 2008, 06:32 PM
can i go back to the old dashboard what works m8

Raven
6th December, 2008, 09:44 PM
Yup :)
Someone somewhere is working on it, but don't hold your breath. :)

Yeah I kinda figured as much, that being the case I was wondering if somebody could tell me if when you install a game to the hard drive and have the disc in the drive - is the game disc only read for security purposes on boot up only or is the disc still read in game ? because to me if it's read alot as you play it kind of negates one element of having hard drive installs and that being overall wear and tear of your disc laser in your console....I remember I had a PSX and a PS2 pack in on me due to the disc laser wearing itself out over time.

Then again with the 360's rrod problem I guess the laser eye is the least of any worries lol.