PDA

View Full Version : OPENBOX S9 HD Remote very bad

khoda7
16th January, 2011, 02:11 PM
Hello peeps

The remote for the openbox s9 hd is very bad, you have to accurately point the remote to the reciever to operate the box

Any ideas on how the remote can be made more sensitive or is there another option

Thanks in advance

footyaddict
16th January, 2011, 06:21 PM
Hello peeps

The remote for the openbox s9 hd is very bad, you have to accurately point the remote to the reciever to operate the box

Any ideas on how the remote can be made more sensitive or is there another option

Thanks in advance

There is a V3 remote that works slightly better but i haven't seen this being sold seperately anywhere yet.

rigsby71
17th January, 2011, 01:00 PM
I can confirm the V3 remote is far better, i have had a play around with both.

The only gripe with the version 3 is there is no SAT button to select different satellites.

I think you have to press the Zoom button which is a bit odd.

cheers

Timmaa
19th January, 2011, 01:26 PM
I have the v3 remote and I think that's a bit crappy. I dread to think how bad the v1 and v2 are!

edit: Actually, isn't the SAT button the one on the v3 remote. I thought the ZOOM button was only on the v1 remote?

hooley
19th January, 2011, 03:14 PM
You could purchase a universal remote with learn function, that's what I use. It's more expense I know but it works

Adam_UK
19th January, 2011, 05:52 PM
You could purchase a universal remote with learn function, that's what I use. It's more expense I know but it works
Do you know which one will be compatible with S9 boxes?

hooley
19th January, 2011, 06:08 PM
Do you know which one will be compatible with S9 boxes?
What i mean is get a remote that learns from the other remote. You point them facing each other, press the openbox button and the other box learns it. Takes a while granted but it works for me.
I use a philips sru 9400. Was expensive at the time but its touch screen and does my tv and dvd also. I suppose just look for a universal remtoe with learn function.