PDA

View Full Version : NEXIQ USB ANTENNA 405001

dieselman77
16th January, 2011, 10:19 PM
Question for everyone Does anbody have teh nexiq usb link antenna 405001 ? and if so can somebody upload the disk for me and copy the information/data on the antenna to send to me please i found some really cheap antennas from china that look identical to it and i want to see if i copy the data and reformat the antenna if it will work thank you all have a good one

joshplianfield
17th January, 2011, 12:08 AM
Question for everyone Does anbody have teh nexiq usb link antenna 405001 ? and if so can somebody upload the disk for me and copy the information/data on the antenna to send to me please i found some really cheap antennas from china that look identical to it and i want to see if i copy the data and reformat the antenna if it will work thank you all have a good one

don't let snap on/nexiq scam you, its just a linksys usb adapter in a linksys box for $100, sold under a nexiq number, no kidding. Their adapter is not necessary

I paid the $100 and thats what I got from nexiq, I am going to get this instead

Walmart.com: IoGear Bluetooth 2.0 USB Micro Adapter: Computers (http://www.walmart.com/ip/IoGear-Bluetooth-2.0-USB-Micro-Adapter/10299060)

any bluetooth adapter that can see a cell phone or camera will have the ability to see the nexiq adapter, plus the one in the link won'y stick out 3" out of the laptop. T

try it, plug the nexiq usb into a vehicle and tell your pc (if it has built in bluetooth) to find devices.

Josh

atetruckrepair
17th January, 2011, 12:33 AM
they also tell you 100' range but 50' is realistic and also if the truck door is closed a lot of times i get no or shitty comm i don't even use the bluetooth any longer the usb is the best connection and when reprogramming bluetooth is not recommened

dieselman77
17th January, 2011, 12:42 AM
i only use the usb cable but i just wanted to see if i could make it work

mrhemi
17th January, 2011, 12:47 AM
I was thinking about buying one of these, now I'm glad I didn't.
Thank You

dieselman77
17th January, 2011, 12:58 AM
the bluetooth is worthless unless you just using it to read codes if your doing any kind of programming you have to use the usb cable because with the wireless it loses signal all the time and it will screw up the ecm

integlikewhoa
18th January, 2011, 01:23 AM
I agree with above. Bluetooth sucks.

Juanincho
18th January, 2011, 07:18 PM
I agree with all of you. Bluetooth is useless in usb-link. Someone has used the new wirless vehicle link ? How does it work?:heeeelllllooooo:

joshplianfield
18th January, 2011, 08:20 PM
I agree with all of you. Bluetooth is useless in usb-link. Someone has used the new wirless vehicle link ? How does it work?:heeeelllllooooo:

I use mine wireless 100% of the time with all software, it never dropped out, it isn't slow. No wires to get in the way when road testing. I personally love it.

But in term of programming, I would never use wireless to program.

Juanincho
18th January, 2011, 08:32 PM
OK thanks for the info, friend. That's what I was looking for. :bounce:

integlikewhoa
18th January, 2011, 11:56 PM
The other problem I have is setting up the connection. Wifi you cant have internet and wirless vehicle link going at the same time you need to switch between them. My guys are not smart enough to figure out whats going on. Bluetooth I have is the same way. You need to first setup a serial connection between the 2 and then run the program.

So for the computer savy its not to hard, but more work, and for my guys (techs) its more complicated then just plug it in and go.
Also is you switch between the two (wireless and wired) then the adapter settings need to be changed inside the program your useing. Easier to just always use cable and never change the settings, that way my guys just plug in a go.

hercamp
19th January, 2011, 12:06 AM
problem is not usb link..is bluetooth adapter or settings in the board ...I have tested 4 or 5 of them and all with different ranges...one of the best is the cat and the original nexiq...exist an special one for toshiba's that gave 100'' ...but not matter with program an ecm without cable..only is unsafe every time are too much equipment around the laptop ...but never fault ..also with team viewer ...Ive seen the other laptop working welll with bltt and I watching in the other side.lol

and vw2 adapter ..is good..but the problem is not has the same support of usb link.

Juanincho
19th January, 2011, 04:42 AM
Thanks again guys, for posting your experiences. :bounce: