PDA

View Full Version : carpetright

Lainie
17th January, 2011, 12:10 AM
i went down today to order a new bedroom carpet. i was querying a price i got the other night so asked for a breakdown

anyway

carpet delivery and fitting was ?78 so i asked for just the fitting only (which was 39)

the said they cant fit unless they deliver!

anyone know a carpet fitter in glasgow lol

Grizz
17th January, 2011, 09:16 AM
Would you try it yourself? An hours work and not a lot of tools needed unless you're putting in edging strips in which case you need a carpet kicker . ill post tips if you want to try.

gmb45
17th January, 2011, 09:32 AM
hmmmm, im trained in carpet fitting, if you have never done one before lainie get some one else to do it, depending what type of carpet it is, if its hessian backed and you want to to a proper job tools needed =s knee kicker, stanley knife, gripper for around edge of room ( and hammer to nail it down with or masonry nails if you have concrete floor, or hot plastic type gun ) and a metal door strip, a small bolster chisel to get the carpet down the back of the gripper once you have cut it.

if its a carpet with combined underlay=S stanley knife, knee kicker, double sided tape or spray glue to stick it doon with round the edges, and metal door strip ( which if you have a concrete floor you will have to drill and rawl plug to fit it )

( the knee kicker it to get bubbles/ creases etc out of the carpet )

so if you want a proper job done get some one to do it, its not as straight forward as some peeps make it out to be.

Grizz
17th January, 2011, 09:39 AM
i did say "unless". but thats me told i guess, lol

Jo-Jo
17th January, 2011, 05:48 PM
tbh the 78 quid quoted for fitting and delivery is pretty resonable in my book.

Lainie
17th January, 2011, 08:27 PM
tbh the 78 quid quoted for fitting and delivery is pretty resonable in my book.

i live half a mile from the shop so i aint paying ?39 for that im afraid. anyway thats the dearest delivery ive heard of.

err nope wont do it mesell. wont say why but lets just say im not built for it lmao

cactikid
17th January, 2011, 08:38 PM
any of your mates have a large/long van, that could do it for the price of a pint or a kiss lol