PDA

View Full Version : Im new to series 60 12.7l

polarisrider1
18th January, 2011, 03:29 AM
Hello all . Im a 12 year+ cat truck engine man . Now after a career change im stuck fixing and operating this Series 60 that drives me nuts. It it a 99 model and things ive done to it in the last 10 months incl. Replace all injectors . rebuild jakes , then recently a head gasket. I have no tricks to make this run stronger either computer wise or hard parts. I have dddl available but no other ratings listed are better than the 430/1550 . Im Not sure if this thing even has flash files with higher ratings avail. Or if injector codes can spice it up a little. Any insight on the subject is appreciated and :champions: thanks in advance.

peter21
18th January, 2011, 04:49 AM
hi buddy, well if you want to change horse power, you need DRS or can use DCT to make modifications to the ecm, make a search in diagnostic workshop.... and with the injector codes, put the codes printed in them, Otherwise you'll have problems of overheating of the exhaust or problems of swing in low idle.....

hercamp
18th January, 2011, 01:34 PM
flash the ecm..let you a some power. if you put a calibration for a bigger engine.
or you can go to dct thread and see from post 8 on....

polarisrider1
19th January, 2011, 05:57 AM
Right on sounds good. I got some where to start and some time saved thanks

hercamp
20th January, 2011, 01:37 PM
If you try to use drs...just try to not change the vercions ...I mean..try to not put a ddc4 in a 3 ...thats wil give you problems and your ecm can comes blank..or empty...

je69
21st January, 2011, 11:31 PM
:top:hi everyone i have drs and dct,i dont understand who to upload and save cal oof a ecm i'm comfuse about my head its block i need help please iwas triing to figurate 4 weeks ago,and just leaveat along but ineed to learn thanks.

talmadge
22nd January, 2011, 02:05 AM
you can drill out the resictive fitting on the back of the head, just maintain 15 psi at idle, if it drop below 15 psi at idle its a dog of the line so have a extra fitting before dilling it.just drill one size at a time. You can also move fuel temp sensor to back of the head on the return line. Plus change the turbo to a borg warner, cant remember the part num ,but truck pro will know the part number if call them and its cheaper too.