PDA

View Full Version : Launch Diagun vs Autoboss V30 vs MaxiDas DS708

8k65m
18th January, 2011, 02:02 PM
MaxiDas Ds708 vs Diagun (Autoboss V30)

8k65m
19th January, 2011, 06:22 AM
There is who used though two or three of them?

paro44
19th January, 2011, 10:34 AM
There are some threads about "autoboss vs launch" here on dk, read them (if you haven't yet). Threads about autel maxidas are rarely.

From reading here i know the following:
- no tool can do all
- software updates are important, but can be a problem with clone tools (blacklisted serial numbers)
- sometimes you need dealer level tools

It seems to me that more dk-members have a launch than an autoboss.

Instead of one of the above tools you can start with a cheaper autel maxidiag as universal tool (you can use allavailable manufacturer on one unit). And if you know what car manufacturer you mostly need to cover, you can go for dealer level tools like vcds, op-com, lexia, clip ... and add them as you need them.

8k65m
19th January, 2011, 11:50 AM
"autoboss vs launch" i read. And "you can go for dealer level tools like vcds, op-com, lexia, clip..." it is correct.
I need your comparisons maxidas DS708 and Launch (Autoboss).
On Autel (http://www.auteltech.com/ds708.htm) is beautifully written.

paro44
19th January, 2011, 12:40 PM
Sorry, i can't compare since i don't have them (only maxidiag).
Some infos about maxidas you can find here: (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f154/autel-maxidas-ds708-diagnostic-tool-how-about-164730/)

8k65m
19th January, 2011, 01:22 PM
paro44, you have maxidiag DS708?
Signifies, you can to answer its question in #5 http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f154/autel-maxidas-ds708-diagnostic-tool-how-about-164730/?

paro44
19th January, 2011, 02:32 PM
No, i have an autel maxidiag eu702 plus jp, us and fr car software.

Try to ask znakedwrx (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/members/219062-znakedwrx/) as he wrote he has ds708.

mini998
19th January, 2011, 10:48 PM
I am going through the exact same comparison .So far I have excluded Autel Maxidas mainly due to my experience with Autel Maxidiag .

Maxidiag is the worst diagnostic kit I have ever used .Except for the OBDII mode most of the other vehicle makes doesn't work . Works fine on fords but so far It has failed on many other car makes I have tried on (Engine, ABS & Airbag).

Haven't used Launch diagun but spoke with some other people who have worked with X431 and they are well happy with it.(supposed be same as diagun)

8k65m
20th January, 2011, 07:10 PM
"OE-Level Coverage

The MaxiDAS? diagnostic system offers the same dealer-level diagnostic capabilities for most major vehicles makes, including Honda, Toyota, Nissan, Mercedes, VW/Audi, Volvo, GM, Ford, Renault, PSA, Opel, etc. It enables independent garages to provide comprehensive servicing in their own workshops without relying on dealer availability. Continual development will provide additional vehicle coverage and software improvements that will be available as Internet updates."
This is lie or truth?

znakedwrx
21st January, 2011, 03:01 AM
Hi there,

I own DS708 and my friend have Autoboss V30.
Both of the tools are very very very similar.
They are very reach with features.
It is dealer grade tool (both of them).

Its very hard to say which one is better coz of their similarity, however on the end of the day if someone ask me which scanning tool do you want to have:

1) X431 Master
2) DS708 or AutoBoss V30
3) X431 Diagun

Reason why my preference is X431 - community, more updates, more ppl use this tool and more ppl report problems - X431 guys work hard & quick to fix any problem. You can see by number of updates they have rolled out !!

For my DS708 in the past 5-6 months i had ~5-6 updates MAX.

I hope you find this helpful.

8k65m
21st January, 2011, 06:34 AM
I am understand reason of your preference. The Autel suborns me pledged support.
And I thought that Master and Diagun function alike.
Sorry my English.

8k65m
26th January, 2011, 12:44 PM
mini998, It Is Got, no alternatives X431 Diagun on the price/quality from CHINA?

diagnoza_auto2000
28th January, 2011, 07:27 PM
Launch Gx3/Master or Diagun have same functions.
Diagun is faster but in my opinion the screen its to small.
Maxidas not have a big list or cars coverage but have a great screen,wireless,Ie,and software with same design as OEM tools ,and have Sw CAN protocol too!

jwolff
28th January, 2011, 07:34 PM
I have the Autel MaxiDas Ds708 i use it everyday in the shop i also have the Lanch X431 if you have any detailed questions youd like answered please let me know.

8k65m
31st January, 2011, 04:24 PM
Hi jwolff!
I want to buy the scanner but can not to choose. I have not a possibility to test any one of them. So much it is important opinion of the users scanners. If was need to buy now the scanner, what you has chosen: DS708 or Diagun?

jwolff
4th February, 2011, 12:27 AM
Sorry it took so long for me to reply, i was on vacation. In any case i would definitely recommend the diagun. Launch is much more immersed in all aspects of vehicle diagnostics. While on the other hand Autel is an emerging company and just now has started to release its scanner. It needs more of a customer base in order to build itself up, and as someone has mentioned before launch has updates on a weekly basis. Last Autel update i had was a few months ago. Quick example:

Launch has options to clear service lights in all Volvo's through the DIM. Autel does not, and as many know most Volvo vehicles need a scantool these days in order to clear service lights.

On the other hand the reason i use the Autel MaxiDas more than the launch is the fact that it has AutoScan Functions on 99% of the makes it supports. While Launch has it on 5% of the makes it covers.

Each tool has its pros and cons.

Autel is cheaper and gives 3 years free updates.

Launch is more expensive and is 1 year free updates, and $1000 USD a year after that.

If you need anymore info let me know.

Good Luck on your Purchase of either.

8k65m
28th February, 2011, 11:10 AM
SPX has answered me :"The unit price of V30 auto scanner is USD2500 without shipping cost."
AUTEL tell :"The price DS708 is US$1000/pc".
I have a question: Really V30 better than DS708 in 2.5 times? What your opinion?

mtechno
28th February, 2011, 01:56 PM
These prices are fairly competitive the v30 i've seen for $1300 with free shipping on many china sites
Car Diagnostic Tool (http://www.xcar360.com/car-diagnostic-tool.html)
I have never bought from this company but I aqm going through simular options of which tool to purchase

javilette
28th February, 2011, 02:21 PM
i have autoboss v30 and i worked whitc launch x431 and i prefer autoboss i think that x431 can work whitc less cars that autoboss v30 and it have more update than x431. the update is very easy in x431 you have the v30 sofware for update you put the numbers of the machine and pasword and it show to you the new update that you need do it.

mtechno
1st March, 2011, 09:43 PM
Do all these scan tools continue to work after updates run out or do any of them time out & stop working.
In the launch range I understand the diagun is faster but with a small screen, the obd book is the same as others without the printer, what is the difference between the x431 the gx3 & the master? All of the launch range are comparative prices appart from the master & infinity which are about 80% more
If I were to choose a launch which would be a better choice? :banghead: :damnmate:

paro44
2nd March, 2011, 10:16 AM
Do all these scan tools continue to work after updates run out or do any of them time out & stop working.
In the launch range I understand the diagun is faster but with a small screen, the obd book is the same as others without the printer, what is the difference between the x431 the gx3 & the master? All of the launch range are comparative prices appart from the master & infinity which are about 80% more
If I were to choose a launch which would be a better choice? :banghead: :damnmate:

The launch continues to work if updates run out. About the others i'm not sure, but i think they will work, too. I know two scanner that stops than: bosch kts and techno reflex (from techno you can also get a version that doesn't run out).

The launch obd book (or autobook) is only a scanner and can't do coding and programming, so there is not only printer missing. I asked a ebay seller about the autobook and he told me that.

The gx3 was originally meda for chinese market and can get updates only if you are located in china (or proxy) or the seller send them out to you. The gx3 is not supported by launch if it is used outside china, so updates can be a problem.

The x431 master is officially for the rest of the world, and after the free update time you can buy further updates from launch.

8k65m
3rd March, 2011, 06:07 AM
The Price of the buying.
SPS supposes that buyer must pay for its product producer ( for instance, $1000 ) and seller ($1500). And no other variant. Launch supposes similarly. AUTEL enables to buy directly beside producer.
This not advertisment AUTEL.

kwansterp
3rd March, 2011, 07:28 PM
I'm also buying MaxiDas, I would like to learn more about its operation. Is that doing what is in the description? What does a service like the hardware?
Strange that the cable is supplied with a 3-pin, and does not support the Fiat brand.
And how well they are like the Mazda, Ford and Mercedes.
I have 1.5 years from the original X431 and I'm happy, although not doing everything that is in the description.

hey

diagnoza_auto2000
3rd March, 2011, 07:33 PM
They will have Fiat software soon.
Maxidas its working bether then Autoboss in all functions!
Autoboss have many errors when reading codes or live data.

kwansterp
3rd March, 2011, 08:52 PM
Someone wrote that MaxiDas is 3 years free upgrade, is it true?

8k65m
4th March, 2011, 07:37 AM
Someone wrote that MaxiDas is 3 years free upgrade, is it true?

Hi!
I want to read your opinion about DS708 in comparison with X431. When I can see this?
Best regards.

JeepG
21st July, 2011, 07:40 AM
I have the Autel MaxiDas Ds708 i use it everyday in the shop i also have the Lanch X431 if you have any detailed questions youd like answered please let me know.

Hi jwolff,
would You have a chance to test it with Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD, '02-'04 (MB diesel)?

8k65m
22nd July, 2011, 06:13 AM
Thanks, but I already bought a 708 and while I'm happy with it.

lmsvvavr
2nd December, 2011, 01:56 AM
I guys!
I am aslo looking into to get one of these machines...
I have a few dealer level machines, (clones), but I need something more general, simple programming and actuators...
I do not know why, but I am more for the maxidas...
From what i read, all 3 are very similar...
Obviously different people have different experiences with different machines...
The MaxiDas (Original) can be bought for less than ?900, which i think its quite good...
The other two, they can be bought for a little bit more... but if they are that similar...
Well, if anyone esle has something more to share, would be great...

marginal
2nd December, 2011, 02:59 AM
I have the Maxidas and am very satisfied with it ...

lmsvvavr
2nd December, 2011, 03:03 AM
I have the Maxidas and am very satisfied with it ...

Hi
Could you clarify some doubts here?
Like for example, how often do you get updates?
Can you do key programming?
Any common issues?
Or anything else that you think it worth to mention...

marginal
2nd December, 2011, 04:19 AM
Hi
Could you clarify some doubts here?
Like for example, how often do you get updates?
Can you do key programming?
Any common issues?
Or anything else that you think it worth to mention...
Updates are included for one year in the initial price.
Key programming is available for many makes and models, but this is not the main usage of the tool, diagnosis is.
Common issues, you connect the tool and expect it to solve that specific problem, and it does not, not quite often though.
As I said in the beginning, I am recommending Maxidas.
Also, I am not working for them, neither I am advertising the item.

Regards.

znakedwrx
21st February, 2012, 06:03 AM
Hi guys,

I did give few feedback`s about Maxidas ds708 in the past, just for newbies - maxidas has been improved a lot within last 6-8 months with updates.

Now we get updates daily/weekly!

They did add a lot of dealer level features in (Honda, Nissan, Toyota, Peugeot, Opel).

I have bought scanner in Sep-2010 and back then was good!

Now is f****n good !! :celticscarf:

autodiagnostic
30th March, 2012, 02:59 AM
MaxiDas Ds708 vs Diagun (Autoboss V30)

One friend David bought one X431 GX3 one year ago, and want to update last week, yesterday get answer from , they ask for X431 GX3 serial number and ask David to pay 90USD. AS I know DS708 is one year free for update, and after one year, it needs charge, but who knows.

Original autoboss V30 that must be very good, it supports update, but clone one doesn't support.

so, it depends, ds708, x431, autoboss v30 are all able to work with a number of cars. the difference is whether you prefer buy a original one or a clone one.

8k65m
30th March, 2012, 06:31 AM
I do not regret choosing DS708 last year. :)
Regards.

jebo
25th April, 2012, 12:58 AM
hi all,

is it true that there is "NO" MAXIDAS DS708 "CLONE" ?

thanks!

marginal
25th April, 2012, 04:02 PM
hi all,

is it true that there is "NO" MAXIDAS DS708 "CLONE" ?

thanks!
Yes it is ...

jebo
26th April, 2012, 12:46 AM
ohhh what a relief...
i had just paid for ds708 from china.

thanks!!!

Yes it is ...

marginal
26th April, 2012, 03:12 AM
ohhh what a relief...
i had just paid for ds708 from china.

thanks!!!
Where else did you expect to buy it from?
Maxidas is a 100% Chinese tool ...

jebo
26th April, 2012, 06:50 AM
i was just so worried that i could be buying a clone.
at least now, you had confirmed that it is not clonable

thanks for confirming friend!

jebo
8th June, 2012, 11:29 PM
i got my maxidas 2 weeks ago and had been testing it.
so far, these are some of the results i found out with this tool:
1. TOYOTA hilux 1KD- incorrect live data readings, no injector coding
2. ISUZU Jackaroo - incomplete and incorrect live data, no
injector and pump coding.
3. SAANGYONG - not covered

will be testing more this week.
as i have observed, my old x431 master is still more reliable compared to maxidas. i hope maxidas will have more upgrades to cover all these soon.

autodiagnostic
21st August, 2012, 07:59 AM
There are some threads about "autoboss vs launch" here on dk, read them (if you haven't yet). Threads about autel maxidas are rarely.

From reading here i know the following:
- no tool can do all
- software updates are important, but can be a problem with clone tools (blacklisted serial numbers)
- sometimes you need dealer level tools

It seems to me that more dk-members have a launch than an autoboss.

Instead of one of the above tools you can start with a cheaper autel maxidiag as universal tool (you can use allavailable manufacturer on one unit). And if you know what car manufacturer you mostly need to cover, you can go for dealer level tools like vcds, op-com, lexia, clip ... and add them as you need them.

I can't agree with you more. "no tool can do all"

AS I know, autel maxidas DS708 is One year free update by internet at Autel Maxidas DS708 China Fault Code Reader on Sale (http://www.uobd2.com/wholesale/autel-maxidas-ds708.html)! While diagun is not easy for the users to update.

autodiagnostic
21st August, 2012, 08:02 AM

As I says, ds708 is original tool

jebo
21st August, 2012, 08:22 AM
i have already reported to maxidas the above findings when i use my new maxidas 2 months ago, but until now, i have not heard of them.
Post #41
http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f152/launch-diagun-vs-autoboss-v30-vs-maxidas-ds708-184803/index3.html#post1587446

paro44
21st August, 2012, 09:04 AM
I can't agree with you more. "no tool can do all"

So do you really think the maxidas ds708 can replace all dealer tools? Does the maxidas support porsche diagnostics? What about all the chinese car manufacturer? Can maxidas do all coding and programming as every single dealer tool?

All multibrand tools like the maxidas (or bosch, texa, launch...) have their limits. Maybe they come close to dealer tools for some brands, but they are not similar for all brands. That's why i say "no tool can do all" (cars as good as possible)

@jebo:
That's my expiriance with autel, too. They never replied to me. And unfortunatly they don't made updates for maxidiag (but advertised this feature). At least for maxidas updates are available.

marginal
21st August, 2012, 05:49 PM
i have already reported to maxidas the above findings when i use my new maxidas 2 months ago, but until now, i have not heard of them.
Post #41
http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f152/launch-diagun-vs-autoboss-v30-vs-maxidas-ds708-184803/index3.html#post1587446
No need to do that.

If you are connected to the Internet while you are using the DS708, it is supposed to send all the data and logs to their server ...

jebo
21st August, 2012, 10:30 PM
No need to do that.

If you are connected to the Internet while you are using the DS708, it is supposed to send all the data and logs to their server ...

there is a menu "report" and I already used it to send the logs. Just recently, i also sent a data log of Suzuki aerio with an ECT reading of 1015deg.

And that is a very good feature!
(that is if somebody is watching their server).

The only emails I got from them was when I was still on the process of buying it. After that, they seem to be very silent.

But overall, maxidas 708 is quite a good tool.
And I agree that no tool can do all what we are expecting it to do.
So, it pays to have both Maxidas and X431 master in your workshop.

I just hope that Autel will not stop the support and updates specially now that their price is dropping fast.:afraid:

marginal
21st August, 2012, 11:59 PM
I agree they don't respond quick enough, and sometimes not at all, but that's what we get for this price.
Imagine how much more we'd have paid if we had bought a Snap-On tool ???

marginal
22nd August, 2012, 12:16 AM
I just hope that Autel will not stop the support and updates specially now that their price is dropping fast.:afraid:
I hope for that as well, but we might help if we keep on supporting them by not trying to use other means for the updates but their original ones.

autodiagnostic
22nd August, 2012, 09:08 AM
So do you really think the maxidas ds708 can replace all dealer tools? Does the maxidas support porsche diagnostics? What about all the chinese car manufacturer? Can maxidas do all coding and programming as every single dealer tool?

All multibrand tools like the maxidas (or bosch, texa, launch...) have their limits. Maybe they come close to dealer tools for some brands, but they are not similar for all brands. That's why i say "no tool can do all" (cars as good as possible)

@jebo:
That's my expiriance with autel, too. They never replied to me. And unfortunatly they don't made updates for maxidiag (but advertised this feature). At least for maxidas updates are available.

Yeah, I agree with you, the chinese tools have their limits. While some customers will think the original tools are too expensive to afford,although they are very powerful with function of test and programming for many vehicle brands. And sometimes they may think one simply code reader is enought, they don't want to program, my option can be proved by this post:
TechStream software and cable for $35 - TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum (http://www.tundratalk.net/forums/tundra-general-discussion/109367-techstream-software-cable-35-a.html)

I get a DS708 UPDATE WAY:
DS708 has one CD, firstly install the software in the CD;
Secondly run the update software, login with username and password.
Importand note: inser the SD card into computer when updating DS708

rrob311
18th September, 2012, 12:13 PM
I just picked up a genuine Autoboss V30 for $855 USD shipped on Amazon. Includes 1 year of free updates. Seems to work OK. Does a lot for VW at dealer level however it did not work at all for my Daewoo and gave me an error. I contacted Autoboss and they said they are no good at Daewoo.

jebo
18th September, 2012, 12:22 PM
I just picked up a genuine Autoboss V30 for $855 USD shipped on Amazon. Includes 1 year of free updates. Seems to work OK. Does a lot for VW at dealer level however it did not work at all for my Daewoo and gave me an error. I contacted Autoboss and they said they are no good at Daewoo.

At least, they answered honestly. :rolleyes:

rrob311
18th September, 2012, 12:54 PM
Apparently with the latest daewoo update they fixed comm. problems with the Leganza but I am upset and am contemplating sending it back. Not sure yet. I don't see to many euro cars where I am. Didn't seem to have any special Mazda coverage either.

8k65m
29th September, 2012, 07:05 AM
Today was update system programs DS708. I looked at the update in Chinese language, and I was sad. Why Autel not add soft for Chinese cars in the English language?

8k65m
12th November, 2012, 08:29 AM
Today Autel added Chinese cars in the DS708!

jebo
13th November, 2012, 12:51 AM
i have updated a number of times upto the latest update but until now, problem with "erroneous" reading of live data (ECT and Rail Pressure) for toyota 1kd-2kd has not yet been solved.
i have to resort back to my good old x431 master.
and i am also now in doubt of the readings for other car brands using maxidas 708.

have been sending data log and emails to autel but seems nobody's home.

jebo
13th November, 2012, 01:14 PM
Every time i download a system update the system gets slower and slower.......... ... ... ... .... ....

jebo
22nd November, 2012, 01:35 AM
(For Maxidas708 owners)
just found another erroneous reading from maxidas708.

Car make/model: 2010 Honda C-RV
MIL: On
Customer Complaint: no speedometer reading

Findings:

*Maxidas708 reports P0340 CAM Position fault.

*HDS (clone) reports P0720 Output Shaft (Countershaft) Speed Sensor Circuit Malfunction.

obviously, HDS reading seems have more sense...

8k65m
22nd November, 2012, 06:16 AM
It is strange that a different error code. Controller generates an error, the scanner reads and interprets it.

jebo
22nd November, 2012, 07:14 AM
It is strange that a different error code. Controller generates an error, the scanner reads and interprets it.

i think it is the scanner system program doing the wrong interpretation.

Automat
24th November, 2012, 05:07 PM
Seems after reading all this discussion, that X431 is reliable?

jebo
4th December, 2012, 11:38 PM
another reading error:
on MAZDA BT50 Maxidas reads Manifold Absolute Pressure "MAP" = 43KPA @idle
read with FORD VCI and X431 = 97KPA @idle

oem
29th December, 2012, 03:40 PM
MaxiDAS DS708

1. for VAG (VW Touran) - unknow error (vcds give front right parking sensor) (all another function are same as VCDS)
2. no communication with Alfa Romeo engine Bosch M1.5.5, wrong DTC in harrison climate control modul (same interpolation as Launch x431). All another is ok.
3. can't erase fault codes in Astra J A16LET - Function not supported. (all another is same as opcom)
4. on Opel Meriva 1.7cdti - no support injector coding (all another is well)
5. BMW E46 2.0D 150 hp. - very simple in Engine Live data. (all another is well than INPA.
6. Renaul Espace IV 1.9dci - all working very well. Same as CLIP (searchig vehicle by VIN, live data, programing functions and all another options is same)

oem
30th December, 2012, 02:31 PM
Fiat Marea 2.4 JTD 130 - connection only with Alarm.

obdiidiag1986
5th January, 2013, 05:50 AM
Hey ,anybody did Chrysler transmisson relearn with AUTEL DS708 scanner ? i have x431 diagun but not working .

8k65m
13th February, 2013, 01:38 PM
My colleagues bought KTS530. Connected it to the Mitsubishi Galant 2.4 2002 for verification. He was not able to connect to the airbag module (SRS). DS708 has successfully connected and showed an error on the driver's cushion.

autotrans
13th February, 2013, 03:07 PM
The 5 speed chrysler transmissions adapt in quite quickly while on road test

jebo
17th August, 2013, 12:51 AM
Nissan Cude Z11:

watch out for Code P0122.
Maxi shows P0122 as "APP Sensor Fault".
code 0122 is correct but description is wrong.
it must be "Throttle Position Sensor"

spent a lot of time troubleshooting the car.:blue:

sunny123
8th November, 2013, 07:15 AM
it depend on you ,you can choose the two product and see the details description and hace a compare , they are from different factory ,but both are diagnositc function ,both can do many cars ,but launch x431 diagun IiI need to register before you use .

NZBrakelathes
23rd November, 2013, 05:29 PM
it depend on you ,you can choose the two product and see the details description and hace a compare , they are from different factory ,but both are diagnositc function ,both can do many cars ,but launch x431 diagun IiI need to register before you use .

Diagun 2 genuine but openserial version I think is best
Free to cheap updates as there's no more serial number to worry about
Ticks the most boxes and cheaper long term

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

2xded
24th November, 2013, 07:12 AM
My opinion, after the announcement of the price of annual renewal of $ 500 DS708 will not be popular.
Perhaps, MaxySys will be better, but more expensive.
Regards.

NZBrakelathes
24th November, 2013, 06:18 PM
Diagun 2 at around $750 shipped and updates till end 2014 and no serial number restrictions so updates could be free or shared or bought cheaply
All round not bad I think

2xded
25th November, 2013, 07:27 AM
OFF: Everyone already knows what the Diagun.:joyous:
Finish advertising!

NZBrakelathes
25th November, 2013, 09:25 AM
Sorry that I gave info!
Make your own choice waste your own hard earned cash on something cheap n spend a fortune on updates
Do what you like don't inform your self
Bye