PDA

View Full Version : Transfer window

barca partyboy
6th December, 2008, 04:28 PM
Is it just me or is football the only business where you can only trade for 2 periods a year?
Can you imagine estate agents only being able to sell houses during 2 short periods a year?
Surely no one can govern as to when you can or cannot trade?
Does this seem right.

opsmonkey
6th December, 2008, 07:30 PM
yes..

One of the reasons the window was brought in was to make coaching and tactics more important than which club has the most money.

Without the window big clubs could buy an expensive new player if one of their stars got injured -

Clubs are only allowed to bring in players outside the window for two reasons.

* If a player does not play for any club at the time, so is a free agent.
* If a club suffers an injury crisis - almost always involving goalkeepers - they can bring in a new player on loan from another club.

Although the rules on loans are often a little bit sketchy. Sometimes players move on loan when it really doesn't seem to be en emergency at all.

Its fair.. who says..?

FIFA & European Commission

excelence
7th December, 2008, 08:13 AM
the rule i dont like is the buyout after 3years..

this rule should be if you have signed 3years or less u cant buy out..

and if you sign over 3years you can only buy yourself out after 70% of the contract has ran.

allso it is wrong that they are trying to get 6-5 rule in england..

desigangster
7th December, 2008, 03:03 PM
u cant criticise it, its the most advantageous for clubs like man city who come up with a billionaire from anywhe

opsmonkey
7th December, 2008, 07:09 PM
u cant criticise it, its the most advantageous for clubs like man city who come up with a billionaire from anywhe

i think you miss the whole point of it..

One of the reasons the window was brought in was to make coaching and tactics more important than which club has the most money

gingerninja
15th December, 2008, 03:14 PM
One of the reasons the window was brought in was to make coaching and tactics more important than which club has the most money. quote
sorry i am missing the point as well. Surely this has the opposite affect.
You can coach and have as many tactics as you wish but a top quality player has the advantage over a lesser one.
There is no certainty that clubs buying players in the transfer window will help them improve but they will have a better chance. e.g Man city will try and buy players probably defence and defensive midfield as there players are all attacking minded and the team very unbalanced.
spurs are ok but i bet spurs will try and get new goalkeeper although gomez has improved. I think they are short at the back now with woodgate and king injured.
Spurs and city have advantage over lets say west brom ,portsmouth ,stoke.
On the other hand in terms of trade portsmouth may benefit financially but i can see them droping down the table at the expense of recouping some money. Ithink the main reason why the transfer window was brought in was to have a equlibrium between clubs being allowed to trade all the time and not restraint trade which would be unlawful. e.g owen and heskey could be bought for nothing at the end of contract. bosman free
The transfer window allows clubs to sell and not lose there investment in players. i.e newcastle could sell owen to lets say liverpool for ?10,000,000 in window or owen could wait to june go to whoever and get top dollar and newcastle would get nothing.
Heskey can go free in June. But bruce wil not want to let him go for cheap so ask for 5 million. will villa pay or is he worth it. Thie transfer allows some trade to exist which comes to the point of the original thread. There must trade allowed between businesses but some control within the market. However the transfer window will help some teams improve to the disadvantage to others.

opsmonkey
16th December, 2008, 07:31 PM
thats your opion..

the examples you quote are wrong in fact and if you want to know the exact in's and out's of why it was brought in look at fifa.com but it will tell you what i posted above..

thered
16th December, 2008, 09:10 PM
for me the main reason of transfer windows is to offer some stability to clubs and end speculatation for a few months at least

football desperately needs stability to build and nurture teams which is why players have contracts and there is transfer windows

if not football would be in anarchy and this is the reason for these rules footballers would just leave at the drop of a hat for cash

if transfer windows and contracts were not imposed the likes of chelsea and city could just by any flavour of the week every week to improve there team even just to disadvantage another team who may be above them in table that week