PDA

View Full Version : Change cable tuner to a sattelite tuner

khalidinio
19th January, 2011, 10:27 AM
Hi,

I have a dreambox dm 800 hd clone with sim 1. I would like to change the dreambox cable tuner to a sattelite tuner. Original I have this tuner in my dreambox and works very well with my tv provider:

Cable:
Philips CU1216mk3(DVB-C)

I would like to change it with this tuner:

Sattelite:
L3 tuner

I have change the tuner, but when I start the dreambox don't see the new tuner in the tuner configuration. It shows:

Tuner A: (Empty) > nothing

I have flashed some new images like:

pli-enigma2-jade3-dm800-20091005-6705_8a8f8.nfi
SifTeam_Extreme_Edition_dm800_r88_SIM_BL70_OCP_.nf i
NabiloBlackHole_DM800_07.nfi
Gemini-5.0-OE1.6-dm800-SSL69_TSv2.nfi

But nothing work! Some Images didn't want to boot. It hangs and I heard some sound from my tv. The sound is like: tick.....tick......tick.....tick...When I remove the S tuner, or change it with the old C tuner, it boot OK.

Someone know what is happening? Must I have a newer image with newer drivers or something? Or is the tuner faulty? Do I need another S tuner?

Please help..

andiewill
19th January, 2011, 11:02 AM
I believe when you change the tuner that you need to factory reset the box for it to recognise the changes ? ...........

khalidinio
19th January, 2011, 11:36 AM
I have try that, but it didnt work. Do I have maybe an old clone with sim 1 and aren't all s tuner supported by the motherboard? If yes which s tuner works fine with the old clones sim 1?

dctyper
19th January, 2011, 11:47 AM
is it fitted correctly? sometimes they need tweaking

dc

andiewill
19th January, 2011, 11:56 AM
From what i have read that certain images only work with certain sim versions and bootlaoders ? i am not sure which images but the sim 2.01 and 76blc will work with all images including the originals if that helps.

bubbles69
20th January, 2011, 08:56 AM
The problem you have is your mainboard is rev J and the L3 tuner is manufactured after 07/2010 and only works on rev L mainboard, the problems you will get is constant reboot and tuner not found when it finally does boot... you need to get a older tuner made before 7/2010 or there a M version 801a out next week that runs on both J and L mainboards

khalidinio
20th January, 2011, 01:51 PM
The problem you have is your mainboard is rev J and the L3 tuner is manufactured after 07/2010 and only works on rev L mainboard, the problems you will get is constant reboot and tuner not found when it finally does boot... you need to get a older tuner made before 7/2010 or there a M version 801a out next week that runs on both J and L mainboards

Thank you bubble for your support. I have check which motherboard version I have. I can see:

Rev 1.3

Which version I have and which S tuner can work on this motherboard?

southpaw
20th January, 2011, 08:14 PM
ignore me , i was thinking of "nothing connected" not "tuner empty"