PDA

View Full Version : Drembox 500 C video outputs

teleboss
19th April, 2008, 11:57 AM
A intresting one guys, If you use the scart it provides a perfect comp signal, but if you use the comp output "the yello phono" it provides a lower video level, which under saturates the signal with lum and chromo, leading to a dark signal and bright reds and un natural colours, I have tried 6 boxes here and are all the same, This is not a request for help Just some information for thoes that are using this output and are not achiving the best picture

thommo
19th April, 2008, 12:14 PM
umm dont know ive alwys just used a good scart with mine, be interesting to know did you try the different video settings on the box when you did this? not sure it would make a difference or not but would be something to test.

teleboss
19th April, 2008, 12:31 PM
umm dont know ive alwys just used a good scart with mine, be interesting to know did you try the different video settings on the box when you did this? not sure it would make a difference or not but would be something to test.

Yes for sure, I don't know if there are any video settings to change on the DW 2, But in saying that I leave well enough alone, I have found playing back mpg files or screwing around with playing mp3, when i want to go back to tv it generally needs a box reboot.
But all in all its a great box

thommo
19th April, 2008, 12:53 PM
yeah in settings there are some different settings for pic, rgb ect....

Devilfish
19th April, 2008, 03:50 PM
You can choose from RGB or CVBS I think.

Have you tried a different composite cable?

teleboss
20th April, 2008, 12:56 PM
You can choose from RGB or CVBS I think.

Have you tried a different composite cable?

Yes different comp, same comp cable used on a dvd player, tested it with cable checker, i will throw the box up on a vectrascope when i am back in the office see what the story is, It seems that one level is lower than the scart,

C64
20th April, 2008, 01:54 PM
Strange one that, I always thought that the scart composite pin was directly connected to the yellow composite socket, so you reckon that the box is reworking the composite on the scart pin?

teleboss
20th April, 2008, 02:20 PM
Strange one that, I always thought that the scart composite pin was directly connected to the yellow composite socket, so you reckon that the box is reworking the composite on the scart pin?

I really dont know, I think its time to open and see what the story is, Sometimes you can get away with splitting video outputs, but depending on what you are connecting to, some devices have a 75 Ohm termination resistor, so going in paralell with that will drop the video level some what. Anyway going to open the box see what the story is.