PDA

View Full Version : Kubota 35 hp diesel fault

redbaron
20th January, 2011, 11:53 PM
Hello was looking for some advice on a timberwolf wood chjpper i maintain. Problem started few weeks ago when engine ran out of fuel, the operater filled up and engine ran for few minutes then started over rev and would not turn off when ignition key turned to off position. When i went to inspect few days later i bled fuel system and it eventually started and then again started to over rev and black smoke came out of exhaust, would not turn off even when electrics disconnected. I had to disconnect fuel supply pipe to turn engine off. Its out of warranty due to being 2 years old, tho its only done approx 50 hours. I suspect fuel injection pump governor would like advice please

atetruckrepair
22nd January, 2011, 01:33 AM
could be the governor or bad plunger in the pump hanging up the rack in full fuel position

redbaron
24th January, 2011, 12:45 AM
thanks for ur reply mate, was thinking same thing myself, contacted few service agents on these engines and they said same thing 2. Just waiting for prices of pump and going to purchase manual on this engine to find out how to remove fuel inj pump

atetruckrepair
24th January, 2011, 01:35 AM
try posting in technical repair section with engine model and maybe someone has the service manual