PDA

View Full Version : Cummins Insite - Change Horse Power

mcummins
21st January, 2011, 10:59 AM
Hi

My software Insite 6.2.224.0 (PCID CC3652B5) has been updated basic, pro, eom and fleet password.

I would like to change the horse power setting in my truck.

Please advise me and share if there is any password required.

Many thanks in advance.

Man

dieselman77
21st January, 2011, 12:09 PM
First you need fleet calibrations do you have them ? if not you will need the password from cummins to do the recalibration. second of all what motor is it n14, isx ect im going to guess its n14 using and old version of insite 3rd do not try to do it thru the dash plug it will most likely fail and then you have to bring it to cummins to fix it before you do anything create a work order with insite and save all of the info to a template so if the calibration fails you do not have to reprogram all that data you just send the template back to the ecm if the engine is n14 celect you have to use the 2 pin connector under the hood by the fuel pump and if it is a celect plus there is a 6 pin connector above the ecm under the hood use that to do the recalibration any more questions just ask

mcummins
21st January, 2011, 12:40 PM
First you need fleet calibrations do you have them ? if not you will need the password from cummins to do the recalibration. second of all what motor is it n14, isx ect im going to guess its n14 using and old version of insite 3rd do not try to do it thru the dash plug it will most likely fail and then you have to bring it to cummins to fix it before you do anything create a work order with insite and save all of the info to a template so if the calibration fails you do not have to reprogram all that data you just send the template back to the ecm if the engine is n14 celect you have to use the 2 pin connector under the hood by the fuel pump and if it is a celect plus there is a 6 pin connector above the ecm under the hood use that to do the recalibration any more questions just ask

Hi dieselman

It is isx. I would like to increase the horse power from 550 to 600hp.

Please advise if it is easy to do that.

Many thanks

Man

jctech
22nd January, 2011, 12:02 AM
Hi dieselman

It is isx. I would like to increase the horse power from 550 to 600hp.

Please advise if it is easy to do that.

Many thanks

Man

You need to make sure that your security level in Insite is PRO, make sure you have a valid InCal DVD, (less than 6 months old), connect to your ECM with Insite, click on the recalibrate icon, click on youe ECM part number, select all certification codes, Insite will now dislplay all the ECM calibrations available for your ECM, use the filter function at the top of the tables, (where it says all), the main thing you need to do is choose your current CPL first, then new horsepower second, then SC and DO comments, SC and DO comments are ECM setups for electronic dashboard, autoshift transmissions etc., these are described over on the RH side of the table.
Once you are sure of your calibration, highlight it and click send to ECM, make sure the tick is in the box for save and restore, accept all the warnings and wait.

mondao
22nd January, 2011, 04:44 AM
INSITE All Functionality Levels (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/common/files/insite/cms/insite_functionality_chart.xls)

hercamp
22nd January, 2011, 04:59 AM
not difficult, with insite try to connect the ecm to bench arness is better...because all errors in the data programning start with j1939 data line...if the ecm is connect just to power and data /adapter link line the calibration is fast and safe.
if you do into truck ...try to have good power suply and not interruptions in the comunication or the ignition..its all.