PDA

View Full Version : Watching tv on my laptop

i_shot_the_sheriff
21st January, 2011, 07:28 PM
Hello DKIANS!!

Yesterday i became a DREAMBOX owner!
All is set up... and i'm enjoying many channels from my tv!!

All i wanna ask is how can i watch dreambox on my laptop?

I've read some threads here but i can't apply any solutions you give!
I've downloaded and installed the latest VLC software... i tried viewing a channel but i can only view the channel i'm viewing on my TV... For example if i watch CNN on my TV i can watch only CNN on my laptop... :(

Also i've tried the WebTV button but it won't work.... (even with the vlc plugin installed)!!

Can someone advice me something?

THANKS

Happy i got in the dreambox community :P

andiewill
21st January, 2011, 08:05 PM
With vlc in the webx browser it does not like the new versions, try v8.6c works well with web x.

To watch a different station thats on the box i don't think it can be done but some may differ, because you are streaming from the box itself so when you change channle on the box or web x you watch what you see due to the box is the controller.

It works well for streaming elsewhere around the house to laptop, pc, iphone or networked to another tv in the house but thats it, you watch whats on the box.

i_shot_the_sheriff
21st January, 2011, 08:26 PM
m8 i did what you proposed me and this time when i clicked the WebTv it says just no video!!
Anyway

So i can't see other channels in my laptop while i watch on tv?
I ask that cause the other family wants to see for example comics and i wanna see something else :P

andiewill
21st January, 2011, 08:39 PM
There are tutorisls around but will look at my set up if you have no joy but it should work fine.

did you uninstall the previous vlc first before installing the latest one ?

i_shot_the_sheriff
21st January, 2011, 08:41 PM
Yup! I unistalled the 1.15 and i installed the 0.8.6 version of the vlc!!
It would be great to have the netbook like a "second tv" :D

andiewill
21st January, 2011, 08:51 PM
MY BAD........................ i have just tried it and yes you are right, i was thinking of my other box that i got confused with until i tried to stream with my dm.

So Hmmm i have tried a few things to no avail to date, there are indepentent streamers out there thats can do this but i have not tried them myself..... appoligies for the confusion once again.

i_shot_the_sheriff
21st January, 2011, 08:55 PM
HEYYYYYYY it's ok!!
So you got a name of one of those indepentent streamers that can do this?

:)

owenb
21st January, 2011, 08:58 PM
dreambox webcontrol mate use that

i_shot_the_sheriff
22nd January, 2011, 02:56 PM
Heyyy you got a link or something??? i dunno but... i can't find it!!