PDA

View Full Version : openbox s9 problem with recording and date/time settings

Julesrules
22nd January, 2011, 12:06 PM
Hi

I recently bought openbox s9,connected to DVD recorder via scart lead so that I can record,but when I access openbox channel on recorder, message appears "no open OSD,change v.format to switch".I press the button on openbox remote,picture then changes from bl and white to colour, but there is a hissing noise, and banner isn't removed from pic.Any ideas how to stop this problem?I have an hdmi lead from openbox to t.v.

Also,whenever I switch off the box,I lose date and time settings,they default back to 1/1/08,how can I ensure the info is saved when box is off?

mept1
22nd January, 2011, 06:00 PM
Found this on my travels:

When I first connected an RF modulator from the STB to a second TV I was shown the same as you are getting.

To use the modulator I select - Menu > Systen Setup > TV System -1. change the resolution on the STB to 576i (from 1080i - 50 used by the HDMI cable).

2. change Video Out to RGB (from YUV).

N.B. Use the order of change shown.

Display Setting - I need to alter these settings to suit my 2nd TV. I suggest a test recording before any alteration.

Time settings - cannot get to my box at the moment but - from memory - you need to have GMT setting as ON then do a UTC +us or -us for your location.

Julesrules
22nd January, 2011, 10:43 PM
Thanks for the advice on recording from openbox,will def try that asap.

As for the date/time setting, whenever you set GMT as on, you can't then change date/time, it has to be set to "off". Just wondering if the openbox should have a battery inside to store info when switched off?Maybe mine doesn't have one?

Julie

kevhky
23rd January, 2011, 05:54 PM
The time and date is obtained via the network (internet) once you attatch it to a routrr

dirtydonki
8th February, 2012, 07:41 PM
Sorry to contradict the comment above mine, but the time and Date is obtained from transponders and will not appear until you have either scanned for channels of uploaded a working channel list.