PDA

View Full Version : dreambox dead?

doublejj
6th December, 2008, 07:23 PM
Hey guys noob needs some serious help! I tried to flash my dreambox earlier. Everything went well until the box froze. I reset the box and now now all I get is a green light on the box and no signal on the tele. Is my box dead? Do I need to somehow flash it again? Can someone please help. thanks

caveman_nige
6th December, 2008, 07:28 PM
Try powering your box up, when you power back on hold the front 'on' button for 10 seconds or so and see what happens. If you still get nothing its probably time to dig out your null modem cable...

btw what what box is it and what image did you try...?

doublejj
6th December, 2008, 07:38 PM
Try powering your box up, when you power back on hold the front 'on' button for 10 seconds or so and see what happens. If you still get nothing its probably time to dig out your null modem cable...

btw what what box is it and what image did you try...?

I've tried doing the 10 secs thing no luck.

Its a envision super. I tried using "Lincsat.Beta7.25-Full.2x.301108".

When I connect my ethernet cable to the box and my router, it comes up in my dhcp settings as dreambox 192.168.2.2. So there must be something there.

I've got a null modem cable. Tried using the dreamup software but it the blue bar wouldn't move. even though it said the box was connected fine.

I'm really stumped as to what it could be. I've been on it all day!

caveman_nige
6th December, 2008, 07:47 PM
So this is a clone dreambox 500s? Not familiar with Lincsat images, i guess that is the image you tried to flash it with?

Have you tried to flash erase first so far?

doublejj
6th December, 2008, 07:52 PM
So this is a clone dreambox 500s? Not familiar with Lincsat images, i guess that is the image you tried to flash it with?

Have you tried to flash erase first so far?

yeah that lincsat is the image.

How do I do this flash erase so far?

Just seen something about jtag maybe able to sort it. But I don't no where to look for it or how to use it. Any ideas mate?

caveman_nige
6th December, 2008, 07:59 PM
Well not sure if you will need to do it, but the guide to that is here http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f34/how-jtag-dm500-1954/?highlight=jtag+guide

I recommend you also read through this thread as well mate.. http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f39/dm500-s-have-no-clue-12154/

doublejj
6th December, 2008, 08:08 PM
Okay mate I've read through the second link. I've tried using dreamup but it doesn't work.... I can log into the ftp but there are no files in there. How would I transfer a image to the folder for it to work? thanks for replying mate!

caveman_nige
6th December, 2008, 08:41 PM
will have a look around for ya, hang on mate.. Am going to move this thread to the sat section also..

doublejj
6th December, 2008, 08:46 PM
will have a look around for ya, hang on mate.. Am going to move this thread to the sat section also..

cheers Nige. I hope there is a cure!

doublejj
6th December, 2008, 10:15 PM
No luck yet Nige? :dontknow:

caveman_nige
6th December, 2008, 11:58 PM
Sorry mate, my mum came round, had to do the family bit and ignore DK for a few hours... These things happen..

Surprised one of the other guys has not stepped in here to be honest...

So have you tried flashing you box with a different image since to see what happens?

doublejj
7th December, 2008, 02:04 PM
The thing is dream up says the box is connected but when I put the power on nothing happens mate.

doublejj
7th December, 2008, 07:33 PM
I can't even pick up the ip address of the box through my router settings anymore. Think the box is going to need jtaging!

opsmonkey
7th December, 2008, 07:36 PM
where did yoy get your clone d500s from..? is it an actual copy or a rebranded one..? some of the dreambox 500s fakes are so bad in quality the thing blows on first use

doublejj
7th December, 2008, 07:59 PM
where did yoy get your clone d500s from..? is it an actual copy or a rebranded one..? some of the dreambox 500s fakes are so bad in quality the thing blows on first use

I think its a clone mate. Its called a envision super. I've had it about a month. I flashed the box yesterday but it froze and now only has the green light at the front no signal nothing. I can't get the IP address either...

alunfennell
7th December, 2008, 08:04 PM
I dont know if this will be any good to you, but it might be worth a look.

Dreambox Ethernet boot and NFS root mount howto - LIGHT Forum The place to be (http://dream-zone.dk/showthread.php?t=1229)

Regards
Alun

doublejj
7th December, 2008, 08:24 PM
I dont know if this will be any good to you, but it might be worth a look.

Dreambox Ethernet boot and NFS root mount howto - LIGHT Forum The place to be (http://dream-zone.dk/showthread.php?t=1229)

Regards
Alun

Thanks mate but its for linux os :mad: cheers anyway

opsmonkey
7th December, 2008, 08:32 PM
mate the Dreambox is Linux.. your box, if it is an envision super, then you shouldnt be flashing anything to it that is dreambox related.. i think this is also a cable box not a satellite receiver..?

doublejj
7th December, 2008, 08:39 PM
mate the Dreambox is Linux.. your box, if it is an envision super, then you shouldnt be flashing anything to it that is dreambox related.. i think this is also a cable box not a satellite receiver..?

In that tutorial it says

This HOWTO describes how to boot a Dreambox over Ethernet. It is written
for users using GNU/Linux as OS. I will be describing how to set up DHCP,TFTP and NFS on Debian GNU/Linux

So that means I need to be running Linux. My box is a dreambox because before I ran the flash onit it said dreambox. Also a mod moved this thread here mate.

opsmonkey
7th December, 2008, 08:46 PM
do you have a envision 500s or 500c...?

envision 500s or 500c are linux boxes.. they are dreambox clones.. envision also made abox that was not linux..

im confused.. in an earlier post you said:

Thanks mate but its for linux os cheers anyway

implying your box isnt linux..????????

you need to find out exactly what model it is 500s or 500c.. its not a dreambox mate unless it has a dreambox badge on..

does it look like this..? click HERE (http://www.falconsat.co.uk/envision-500s-receiver-p-1745.html)

doublejj
7th December, 2008, 08:51 PM
do you have a envision 500s or 500c...?

envision 500s or 500c are linux boxes.. they are dreambox clones.. envision also made abox that was not linux..

im confused.. in an earlier post you said:

implying your box isnt linux..????????

you need to find out exactly what model it is 500s or 500c.. its not a dreambox mate unless it has a dreambox badge on..

does it look like this..? click HERE (http://www.falconsat.co.uk/envision-500s-receiver-p-1745.html)

Yes my box is a linux box but that tutorial is for people running Linux on there PCs mate.

Yeah my box looks like that but in black.

opsmonkey
7th December, 2008, 09:29 PM
sorry mate looks like i got me a crossed wire ;)

sounds like you done something terminal to your box mate from reading your posts.. have you jtagged yet..?

doublejj
7th December, 2008, 09:40 PM
sorry mate looks like i got me a crossed wire ;)

sounds like you done something terminal to your box mate from reading your posts.. have you jtagged yet..?

I'm waiting for the jtag through the post should be a tomorrow or tuesday. Have you got a detailed tutorial of what to do and what software to use? thanks mate

opsmonkey
7th December, 2008, 09:59 PM
Not had the privilage of jtag mate as ive an original DB.. this is thorough by alan tho:

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f39/jtag-repair-dreambox-11795/

alunfennell
8th December, 2008, 12:04 AM
Her it is again with the photos that are missing :

doublejj
8th December, 2008, 12:35 AM
Cheers lads. seems like a mission! I've bought this one. http://www.tailor-madecircuits.com/shop/product_info.php?products_id=53

Hope its right!

doublejj
8th December, 2008, 05:45 PM
Jtag hasn't arrived today hopefully tomorrow!

doublejj
14th December, 2008, 05:37 PM
Hi guys need some help if possible please. I've jtagged my box but I have accidently removed pins 1 and 7 from my box Was wondering if there is another part of the box on which I can solder these wires

mariosc
14th December, 2008, 10:07 PM
hi guys,

how do i see if my 7020 is fake or not ?