PDA

View Full Version : Help Please With Tv Picture On The Vu+

tinbin
23rd January, 2011, 08:31 AM
Hi every one
I hope some one can please help me, when we are on 28East or on some other satellites The picture on the plasma 37inch widescreen some times is fine, but you go on to some channels and its not a full picture its a square with black boarders .I hope what I am saying makes sense, if it does how can I get the best picture please

owenb
23rd January, 2011, 09:11 AM
u need to go into settings and set 4.3 to just scale also some broadcasts are native 4;3 so u will get this on some channs cant do anything about it apart from what i said earlier

tinbin
23rd January, 2011, 09:56 AM
Hi owenb
Thank you very much for your reply. I will let you know how I get on.
I put Tring on yesterday for the football, and the picture was a small square picture with black boarders around the outside off the picture, and when used zoom in the settings the picture was awful.

owenb
23rd January, 2011, 10:28 AM
yeah tring are 4:3 need to set it to scale or whatever is in the menu on vu+ i have dm8000 so not too sure but should be there somewhere, also tring picture is always low qual im afraid its a good cheap card tho so unfort u do get what u pay for i paid ?1300 for my viasat card but its unbelieveable qual and shows every epl game

tinbin
23rd January, 2011, 10:45 AM
Hi owenb
I hope you don?t mind me asking you this I am still a newbie, what channels are these that use viasat card on what satellite please.

owenb
23rd January, 2011, 12:07 PM
4.8e mate there the main ones on there viasat xtra is the ones that show the football but only broadcast when football is on

tinbin
23rd January, 2011, 12:16 PM
Thank you for that info owenb.

owenb
23rd January, 2011, 12:40 PM
no probs matey