PDA

View Full Version : Channel List for DM 800 HD PVR in Yorkshire.

JoePeter
23rd January, 2011, 10:25 PM
Just wondering if someone can give me some help here?

I've just got my first Dreambox a DM 800 HD PVR clone, SIM2.01 Enigma2, Rev M tuner and I'm working through getting it setup.

I've updated the image to: sim201e_ssl76c_DreamEliteBH_DM800_133D.nfi

and Secondstage bootloader to:
ssl76C_20100909.nfi

The dish is pointing at 28.2E and i can get a few FTA channels.

I would like to get the FTA Freesat channels as I don't have a card of any description so to speak.

Can anyone advise on how to do this? I have DreamBoxEdit and DreamSet. Or does anyone have a list?

Eventually I want to get the motor going and have a list from 60E to 40W, but just freeset would be a good start.

many thanks in advance

The fat man
24th January, 2011, 12:36 AM
Hi JP,
you just need to do a manual scan of 28.2 with network scan on yes and type of scan on single satellite.

For future reference you can download your channel list from your box using your addons panel and choosing a suitable set.I would use vhannibal motor settings it gives you most sats.

Gary.

JoePeter
24th January, 2011, 11:18 PM
Hey TFM,

:goodpost:
Many thanks for the help - I like your idea of stripping this back to basics and the 'network scan on' seems to make some difference! What ever it means - means something to someone who wrote the code I guess!

It's scanning as I type this with 80% 700+ channels :)

Can I get 4 freesat HD channels: BBC1 HD; BBC HD; ITV1 HD; and 4 HD - is this true? If so is this straight forward?

Cheers
JP

The fat man
25th January, 2011, 12:14 AM
Hi JP,
When you do the scan you will get all the HD channels but channel 4 hd and channel five hd will not work.

TFM

JoePeter
25th January, 2011, 12:49 AM
994 channels found and I have found BBC HD and BBC1 HD OK so far + others. Before I seemed to only get AB Sat or something like that.

How do I save these HD channels to favourites??? - I read the manual but still no wiser :(

Well thanks TFM I will continue tomorrow night. Is it possible to get freeview CH4 HD and CH5 HD then?

andy91
25th January, 2011, 01:02 AM
994 channels found and I have found BBC HD and BBC1 HD OK so far + others. Before I seemed to only get AB Sat or something like that.

How do I save these HD channels to favourites??? - I read the manual but still no wiser :(

Well thanks TFM I will continue tomorrow night. Is it possible to get freeview CH4 HD and CH5 HD then?

Install Sgtflipflops bouquets and edit your regional channels,it takes minutes with Dreamboxedit.

Guide on here plus bouquets and program.

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f39/sgtflipflop-skyuk-bouquets-updated-regularly-163750/

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f39/dreamboxedit-guide-167275/

ps,its all here if you use the search try that first theres plenty on here who will help them who help themselves.
Andy

terryjd
7th April, 2011, 08:08 AM
Without trying to sound too thick, when you do a scan, where does the result get written?

I have previously been downloading the channel lists and using DBE to arrange them the way that I want them.

Every so often a channel disappears from its slot and presumably moves frequency. I would normally download the new channel list and manually move/enter the new details.

Will the manual scan rewrite the channel details based on the name of the channel (I don't think that it does it that way) or does the scan write the information elsewhere so that I can download it in to DBE and merge it manually into my custom list?

Thanks

SGTFlipFlop
7th April, 2011, 08:46 AM
A scan updates the list, But you still need to manually fit it into its space

terryjd
7th April, 2011, 11:33 PM
Thanks for the reply.

So to clarify, I have an "old" list which I have loaded into DBE.

If I rescan and ftp download again, the changes will have been added to the "old" list? Do I need to check the "new" list side by side against the "old" one and compare them to see the differences?

As an example, I have a list with four channels A, B, C and D and they have worked fine, then C goes black screen. If I scan the satellite will the new frequency/details for C appear at the end of the list (maybe as well as the original details for C) e.g. A, B, C old, D, C new? Or does it weed out the defunct C giving A, B, D, C new?

Thanks again

SGTFlipFlop
7th April, 2011, 11:36 PM
No, They the new channel will appear in all services (With updated frequency), Which will then need moved into your sections/Favourites.

Unless you run everything through All Services

terryjd
7th April, 2011, 11:46 PM
Thanks, I think that I get your drift now.

I will go and hunt for the new occurrence of channel C.

On a side issue, the available settings files such as Likra seem to have narrowed down to just one (I haven't updated for a while). Is the trend towards DIY?

Thanks again.

bozzi
10th October, 2011, 05:41 PM
can anyone tell me which one is better sim2 or sim2.1 and how to change from one to the other. thanks.

davidream
2nd October, 2012, 01:58 AM
i have baught dm800hd pvr and trying to flash Openpli-enigma2-2.1-dm800 image, but says invalid or out of date image.
how can i flash this OR is there another image which works similar to openpli, rqcs and rqcamd files?