PDA

View Full Version : a cry for help

hambone
24th January, 2011, 10:00 PM
hi guys
im sorry if my post makes me out to be stupid but i have been reading and googling about c/s etc but i cannot get anywhere with this box since the demise of cable and swapping the tuner for sat.

i have flashed the latest sifteam image and modified url2 via ftp so i am able to transfer files to the box,
i have set the cam to oscam.stapi but this is where i am stuck with blank screens

i have cuberevo 900 but dont have any cards or modules inside.

do i need a c-line to obtain pictures?

do i need a card or cam for my box in order to connect to the server?

if anyone could point me in the right diretion as far as purchasing a cam or card or even tell me im flogging dead horse with this box, i would be grateful?

please pm if the pointers i require arent allowed publically

im interested in watching sport and movies (as much as a substitute for what was available in the cable days as possible)

i have 2 sats 13.0e & 19.2e (28.2e to be added when the weather improves)

maybe somebody can explain if i am doing something basically wrong and point me in the right direction?

i do have protek 9600ip also which is working fine but is non hd and thats where i would like the ip box 900 to come into play instead of upgrading to a hd protek 9750 and forking out over ?200

once again apologies for possibly sounding stupid but i have spent endless hours messing with this box on satellite without much success.

thanks in advance
ham.