PDA

View Full Version : reset other data in BMW X5

moonlite
26th January, 2011, 05:31 PM
I am trying to find out how to reset the service interval, brake pad mile calculators, etc. on a 2010 X5 35D. I reset the milage fine, but it is now wanting to phone home to the BMW mothership to report that it needs service and brake pads. Obviously it has another area where this data is stored and doesn't use the milage for this calculation. Anyone know what tool / software I can use to reset this information?:stupido2:

cjawahir
26th January, 2011, 05:58 PM
coding maintenance CBS reset , and reset what you want .

you can use gt1 , x431 etc .

cj

I am trying to find out how to reset the service interval, brake pad mile calculators, etc. on a 2010 X5 35D. I reset the milage fine, but it is now wanting to phone home to the BMW mothership to report that it needs service and brake pads. Obviously it has another area where this data is stored and doesn't use the milage for this calculation. Anyone know what tool / software I can use to reset this information?:stupido2:

moonlite
26th January, 2011, 06:03 PM
I don't have any tools currently. Is there anything semi cheap I can buy (even from the china man) to do this? Also, will these tools actually let you adjust the milage calculation so it matches the new milage on the OD?

cjawahir
26th January, 2011, 06:22 PM
you can visit an auto garage with x431 , and let them follow the steps above .

cj

moonlite
26th January, 2011, 06:45 PM
I was reading another forum that said the X431 will not work on the 2010 CBS system and the records are also stored in the key FOB? Is this true, and if not, will the X431 clear all the records from the key FOB? I just want to erase all traces to anything looking stange or otherwise. Thanks for the help!