PDA

View Full Version : Sky Box Office Sports on 500S...Help!!!

shonachick
6th December, 2008, 11:19 PM
Hi guys...I have a 500s and was wondering how I get sky box office sports...was wanting to watch the boxing tonight....any advise would be appreciated :D

opsmonkey
6th December, 2008, 11:40 PM
you cant.. you can only acess SBO if you have a share off someone who has bought the event.. Sky TV is not open the encryption is unbreakable

is your 500s only attached to a dish that receives sky (ie 28.5E).. if so its such a waste as the boxing is on:

Polsat Sport (13E) and Sport 1 (19.2E)..

There is much more to satellite tv than sky..

alunfennell
7th December, 2008, 08:00 PM
There is of course a technology from megalithic times called the bunny rabbit ears you could use, but as for squeezing any Sky Digital channles from your Dreambox is over 1000 to 1 answer being MTV Trax using Biss Keys thats all, As my learned friend opsmonkey said move that Dish and enjoy many hundreds of channels or sports, Movies and of course a bit of how's your father.

Sirus
12th December, 2008, 02:54 AM
Could you stick a motor on a SD minidish an use a 500s to pick up a few sats like opsmonkey said.. or is the minidish too small

Id love a wee 500s but my house is in the worst non southern facing angle ever and I wouldnt put a motor and 1m dish out my front and only my minidish is out front.. any point buying a cheap motor for it?

Should I atleast nudge the dish onto a different sat, any point?

r1c4ard
12th December, 2008, 10:29 AM
If it is sly you want and you live in the UK you could always have a look through the cable section or get a sly subscription of course

alunfennell
12th December, 2008, 11:52 AM
If it is sly you want and you live in the UK you could always have a look through the cable section otherwise cardsharing as mentioned before or get a sly subscription of course

Look at the rules r1c4ard:

Update from the 9 of December Devilfish, No mentioning of Ca******ing is permitted untill further notice.

Rules are for all of us, not only is this trend old but I think someone by now would have mentioned Ca******ing as one possability if no Rule existed.

r1c4ard
12th December, 2008, 12:09 PM
Look at the rules r1c4ard:

Update from the 9 of December Devilfish, No mentioning of Ca******ing is permitted untill further notice.

Rules are for all of us, not only is this trend old but I think someone by now would have mentioned Ca******ing as one possability if no Rule existed.

Apologies I was unware of the update