PDA

View Full Version : UPA advise

aaronfirth
27th January, 2011, 04:07 PM
Guys just bought a erlasoft usb upa. Need help and advise. Im not complete novice been chipping cars for years obd, BDM and solder jobs.
Reading upa help manual struggling knowing the pin outs on the chip the 9 pins of the upa no prob but when i want to read say a ST95160 how do i marry the pins up?
Really an advise or direction would be welcome (looked on youtube but no videos)
Or even better if any one has 5 mins on the phone brilliant, I run a large car garage with a ton of dealer level software and always happy to help people out.
Thanks
Aaron 07771 912700

lupu_sandu
27th January, 2011, 05:33 PM
M8, always desolder eeprom's (not MCU) from board and read in adapter (made by yourself or buy on ebay)
Look here:
UPA-USB Adapter (http://www.ecuvonix.com/adapter-type-upausb-p-308.html)

dashradio
27th January, 2011, 08:13 PM
Hi, here are the adaptors that I use, they are quite expensive but they do allow you to read eeproms in circuit without removing, works 100% here is a link to eBay but it will expire soon, so if you need it after it has expired PM me, UPA USB Programmer - Dongle And Lead Connector Set on eBay (end time 11-Feb-11 12:33:06 GMT) (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/UPA-USB-Programmer-Dongle-And-Lead-Connector-Set-/180611814440?pt=UK_AudioElectronicsVideo_Video_Tel evisionSetTopBoxes&hash=item2a0d4d9428)

aaronfirth
28th January, 2011, 01:38 PM
People who make UPA very kindly sent me some links to chip data sheets I found helpful yesterday managed to cross over the pins even though ST label slightly different
ie S=CS Q=DO W=WP C=CLK D=DI
I think please correct me if wrong.
UPA software looks nice cant be that big a deal to fill in the gaps on the software to save us the time can it?

aaronfirth
28th January, 2011, 01:41 PM
Hi, here are the adaptors that I use, they are quite expensive but they do allow you to read eeproms in circuit without removing, works 100% here is a link to eBay but it will expire soon, so if you need it after it has expired PM me, UPA USB Programmer - Dongle And Lead Connector Set on eBay (end time 11-Feb-11 12:33:06 GMT) (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/UPA-USB-Programmer-Dongle-And-Lead-Connector-Set-/180611814440?pt=UK_AudioElectronicsVideo_Video_Tel evisionSetTopBoxes&hash=item2a0d4d9428)

They are expensive but look nice don't they , my brave side cant help thinking I could make them up with some patience and some data sheets I already have test clips.
Saw this too and fancied one any one used it?
EEPROM Socket Board from Total Phase (http://www.thedebugstore.com/acatalog/EEPROM-Socket-Board.html)

aaronfirth
28th January, 2011, 01:46 PM
M8, always desolder eeprom's (not MCU) from board and read in adapter (made by yourself or buy on ebay)
Look here:
UPA-USB Adapter (http://www.ecuvonix.com/adapter-type-upausb-p-308.html)
Thats very sensible and they stock some really nice stuff off shopping!

dashradio
28th January, 2011, 05:04 PM
Yes they are expensive but they make the Upa as good as the more expensive machines by allowing 100% reading on board

MarkPRP
28th January, 2011, 11:18 PM
Aaron, Ill give you a ring in the morning! (SAT) so expect a call!

Mark

milanoffracing
29th January, 2011, 10:29 AM
Programmers UPA-USB programming adapter set (http://www.tek-tronics.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=127)

Here you can find a good set of adapters for upa and they are not expensive.

cklair
29th January, 2011, 07:23 PM
i just bought upa usb orignal one,got it yesterday did not come with anything just hardware,no usb cable,not any test clip cable for epromps.no installation cd,no instruction at all ,not f**k all.but a chep company.i have xprog-m,and willam prorammer come with complete kit.i allrady send email to tech department for help.i bought it for backup only.i will be useing it for airbag eproms.do i have to change pin setting every time or it does automatcally like xprogm does just chice the device put the clip on the chip and done.any input or manual that says what pin number is vss,vcc or clk ?

dashradio
29th January, 2011, 07:57 PM
Hi, you have to email them that you have received your UPA they will then send you a link to download and register your upa. You have to make your own cables but seen as you already have other programmers the easiest way it to make adapters to use your cable from your other machine. There is a help manual in the software when you download it that shows all the connections you asked about.

Bishop c4
30th January, 2011, 01:50 AM
i just bought upa usb orignal one,got it yesterday did not come with anything just hardware,no usb cable,not any test clip cable for epromps.no installation cd,no instruction at all ,not f**k all.but a chep company.i have xprog-m,and willam prorammer come with complete kit.i allrady send email to tech department for help.i bought it for backup only.i will be useing it for airbag eproms.do i have to change pin setting every time or it does automatcally like xprogm does just chice the device put the clip on the chip and done.any input or manual that says what pin number is vss,vcc or clk ?

jejeje same story with me nothing more than a little box and litle UPA inside by the way I guess the support is litle slow (I hope be wrong.)

P.S. look for datasheets for pin numbers

Regards

cklair
31st January, 2011, 12:40 AM
jejeje same story with me nothing more than a little box and litle UPA inside by the way I guess the support is litle slow (I hope be wrong.)

P.S. look for datasheets for pin numbers

Regards
do they(elrasoft) give acces to datasheets or just google them?

lupu_sandu
31st January, 2011, 01:24 AM
You will get a user-name and a password for access in elrasoft site(datasheet, software updates, etc).
LE: Also license for using UPA

Bishop c4
31st January, 2011, 04:33 AM
Hello cklair you can ask to penko or just google them there are all around in the web completly free.

Regards

cklair
31st January, 2011, 09:15 PM
thank you all for your's input,veryhelp you guys are.i got email now they sent me my user name to download software and to regester my hardware, thanks agian all of you