PDA

View Full Version : Bosch ABS 8.0

lee_hdi
27th January, 2011, 08:45 PM
Hello,
Is there anyway I could find out the ID number for this pump without physically looking at it? As I want to know if it has been changed since it has left the factory, as when I try to code read I get 'Unable to Communicate with ECU'

Its a Peugeot Partner [2008 model], with VIN - VF3GJ9HXC95307821

Thanks

Larue
27th January, 2011, 09:59 PM
Just took a look in ESItronic and Bosch isn't giving any part numbers for ABS. There are two options:
1) Go to main dealer and ask for it;
2) Get part number from unit and check is it available directly from BOSCH.
Of course....there are some other pessibilities, but I'm talking about new ABS control unit.
Cheers!:ciao:

lee_hdi
27th January, 2011, 10:17 PM
Cheers for the info mate :)

I had a look on TechDoc and also public servicebox, and couldn't find anything either.

I'll just give Bosch or Peugeot a ring in the morning.

Thanks

chacarita
28th January, 2011, 01:29 AM
when you are going to select abs or esp disconect odb and then push ok botton, with interface disconected, when the pps is disconect dont see module and give tou all models abs and esp like teves and bosch 5.3 and bosch 8.0 try select one by one if not can enter try with another car

oldford
28th January, 2011, 09:04 AM
What scanner are you using to read this ABS?
Can you communicate with the engine?

lee_hdi
28th January, 2011, 02:58 PM
What scanner are you using to read this ABS?
Can you communicate with the engine?

I'm using Peugeot Planet. It communicates with the engine, bsi ,air con, airbags, etc fine. Just not ABS.

The person's who car it is, had to stamp on the brakes so the ABS activated, now since then the ABS light has come on whenever they start driving.

chacarita
28th January, 2011, 04:25 PM
Try what i say in previus post

oldford
28th January, 2011, 05:07 PM
Both the engine and the diagnostic are probably communicating over Can-bus. If the engine (and other modules) do not complain about communication lost with the ABS, then you could be right in your assumption that this is not an original ABS.

Worst case, this could be an ABS that expects the diagnostic to communicate via the K-line - which probably is not connected anymore.
Chacarita's advice sounds solid to me.

lee_hdi
28th January, 2011, 05:14 PM
Thanks lads, I'll give it a go and let you know the outcome :)

lee_hdi
30th January, 2011, 10:36 PM
Tracked down the previous owner and found out they changed the ABS ECU, and took it from a Citroen Berlingo :/

Is this why its not communicating? Does the ABS ECU have to be coded to the engine ECU and BSI?