PDA

View Full Version : harrison v the taxi driver

davieboy.rfc
7th December, 2008, 12:54 AM
now that audley harrison has been beaten once again now by a taxi driver he has got 2 give up surely as he is an embarassment 2 the heavy weight divsion

time for him 2 retire

k8rew
7th December, 2008, 01:07 AM
Audrey out of Corronation Street could have done better, never a pro boxer..

Time to give up bro

caveman_nige
7th December, 2008, 01:08 AM
agreed, thats his 4th loss. time to call it quits...

thered
7th December, 2008, 01:33 AM
fraudly is a complete waste of space

david haye may surprise a few people he is quick can bang just got a glass chin if he can avoid the heavy blows he could go far in the heavyweight division his vunerabilty makes him exiting to watch

rob6007
7th December, 2008, 01:38 AM
do you guys mean FRAUDLY harrison. the guy is a joke . he was talking trash last week about him and david hay fighting the klitchkov bros and taking there belts then him and haye having a massive fight for the 2 belts .

the guy needs drug tested . that taxi driver tonight has only went 30 rounds in total and he made fraudley look like a joker .

harrison got paid ?1 million for his first 10 fights from the bbc after he turned pro .now that is what you call a joke . i think he made too much money early on and lost interest .

haymaker is the real deal tho

kingdalg
7th December, 2008, 07:18 PM
my nan cud beat the shite out of audley harrison. he didnt fight last nite, he tried 2 make sweet luv to that taxi driver, the amount of hugging he was doin. i feel sorry for the poor bastards who paid good money go watch that donkey fight nite. what a loser!!

bugaloo41
7th December, 2008, 07:27 PM
harrison is shit. never a heavyweight boxer in a million years.

agree that the haymaker is top notch. certainly has the credentials to be world champ.

kingdalg
7th December, 2008, 07:34 PM
haymakers gud but a rite cocky twat! ubank was one of the best fighters till he made a vegtable out of that irish guy!

bigfella9
7th December, 2008, 07:34 PM
bring back lenox lewis he could still sort the heavy weight division out,with his slippers on and a cup of hot chocolate in one hand.

kingdalg
7th December, 2008, 07:51 PM
lewis was a lazy fighter towards the end. that huge russian klitchko knocked the **** out of him

bigfella9
10th December, 2008, 09:22 PM
that huge russian klitchko i saw the fight and lewis won or was i looking at another fight,google the name lenox lewis you will find out he is a all time great and a LIVING LEGEND he only lost 2 fights and beat both openents when they had a re match with ease,he beat every one who he fought then hung his gloves up coz he had nowt left to prove,he was the UNDISPUTED heavyweight champion of the world thats a FACT not me making it up, 1 thing that klitchko or his brother will never ever be,simple as that

Jaffa
10th December, 2008, 09:45 PM
You just dont fek with the Belfast guys.....lol.

Haye may be cocky but he is the real deal and he is superb when interviewed.

Lennox Lewis never got the real credit he was due because that other chump Bruno was about. Lennox had nothing to prove in my eyes, he dont buisness when asked except for a few lapses when he was caught cold.

Fraudly has always been known to love the celebrity circuit, he is an embarrassment to boxing.

bigfella9
10th December, 2008, 11:06 PM
well said lewis never got the respect he should have,he was the best fighter on the planet in his day,and could have beaten even ali coz of the pure size advantage,like i said he lost 2 fights out of i forgot now but it was a lot and he beat the best out ther ,his 2 losses were when he never climatised proply and a lucky punch off oliver mcal but he beat both of them in the re matchs like i said,i liked the way he used to come on camara and tell everyone he was the best fighter on the planet,and he then went out and proved it,he could back up wot he said he never flapped his gums and got beat up,RESPECT to lenox,i loved frank bruno but he never had the heart to fight its a pity coz he was built like a brick shit house he shud have taken up body building instead of boxing,i have 2 pro boxers as buddys one from my school days he went 12 rounds with steve collins and was a world champ at middle weight and the other is a mate who i met at the gym i train at he"s not at the same level but still a good pro,i do know a little bit about boxing i do a little bit myself but only to keep fit after a workout on the weights im gettin old now 40 next year so have to do summat b4 my pipe and slippers days lol

gingerninja
11th December, 2008, 02:42 PM
Fraudley is a joke but still making money. I guess there is no where for him to go maybe a charity fight with pacman or hatton to beat the living shit out of him.

David Haye is to small for a heavyweight . He reminds of a young Herbie Hide if anyone remembers him. He was mouthy, fast but too small. He gave Riddick Bowe a good fight for the first four rounds before being flattened.
I see the same for Haye. The bigger klitschko is not much good but his sheer size advantage will overcome Haye.
Lewis was a clever fighter,made good money and got out. He lost to both McCall and Another clubber but beat them in rematches.

bigfella9
11th December, 2008, 06:05 PM
Lennox Lewis was one of six fighters nominated for induction into the International Boxing Hall of Fame on Tuesday.
Lewis, who learned to box growing up in Kitchener, Ont., reigned as heavyweight champion for a total of nearly seven-a-half years until retiring in 2003. He compiled a pro record of 41-2-1, with 32 knockouts, beating the likes of Evander Holyfield, Mike Tyson and Vitali Klitschko.
The six-foot-five fighter avenged every blemish on his record. He stopped Oliver McCall and scored a one-punch knockout over Hasim Rahman after those fighters scored upset wins over him

bigfella9
11th December, 2008, 06:06 PM
Lennox Lewis, Britain's former undisputed world heavyweight boxing champion, has admitted that he is prepared to make a sensational $100 million comeback.

Rumours of a return were rife in boxing last week after his former trainer, Emanuel Steward, and his last opponent, Vitali Klitschko, claimed 43-year-old Lewis was back in the gym.

THE CHAMP: Lennox Lewis raises his arms in victory in his last fight, stopping Ukrainian Vitali Klitschko to retain his WBC heavyweight title in Los Angeles in June 2003

Lewis has now admitted the rumours are true, depending on the right deal being struck with promoters.

Speaking from his home in Jamaica, Lewis told me: 'If someone wants to pay me serious money, $100m or so, then I will fight again. I don't have to do this, I don't need the money and my legacy speaks for itself. But boxing needs me. The heavyweight game is so boring now. All the characters are gone. I would like to save my sport.'

Lewis, 18st 4lb in his last fight but now thought to weigh more than 20st, insisted that he could be ready 'in six months' and he revealed that the biggest offer he has received since retiring has been 'around $40m'.

Lewis said: 'It would have to be nearer $100m to make me say yes, but there are people out there who can get that kind of money together. There are a lot of people who would pay to see me fight again. It would be exciting, for the sport and for me.

And if I come back, it will be to win, not play.' Lewis vowed never to box again after he quit in June, 2003, following a victory over Klitschko when the referee intervened in the sixth round with the Ukrainian badly cut.

Lewis says he has changed his mind after seeing recent heavyweight fights, including Klitschko's own comeback last month at the age of 37 when he reclaimed the WBC title by defeating Nigerian Samuel Peter.

thered
11th December, 2008, 06:46 PM
never rated lennox lewis maybe its the canadian thing who knows i just never took to him he did beat klitchko though

but........

klitchko did batter him nearly all fight was very unlucky fight got stopped on cuts if i remember rightly

in fact frank bruno bossed the fight against lewis and was also very unlucky hassem rahman is toilet so is mcall and tyson and holyfield were both well past it when he beat them

but you can only beat whats around and he was the best heavyweight of the late 90's

i heard the storys about lewis a couple of weeks ago i think personally he is just seeing if he can tempt anyone to make him an offer he cant refuse which personally i dont think he's worth anywhere near

for what its worth in my opinion mike tyson should have been the greatest heavyweight of all time he simply got too much too early in life and drink drugs women jail and a total lack of training proved his downfall

if he had the mentality and trained like other heavyweight greats he would in no doubt be the greatest even surpassing ali

flawed genius like so many other with huge natural born talent from george best to snookers o'sullivan people with immense talent more than often blow it

Ballistic
11th December, 2008, 08:10 PM
for what its worth in my opinion mike tyson should have been the greatest heavyweight of all time he simply got too much too early in life and drink drugs women jail and a total lack of training proved his downfall

if he had the mentality and trained like other heavyweight greats he would in no doubt be the greatest even surpassing ali

flawed genius like so many other with huge natural born talent from george best to snookers o'sullivan people with immense talent more than often blow it

Amen to That, Tyson Should have been the greatest had it all, Natural Ability strength and speed, Shame he went the way he did..due I think to not being to smart himself up top and having to many hangers on . Damn Damn Shame

B

lfc4life
11th December, 2008, 08:34 PM
lewis was a lazy fighter towards the end. that huge russian klitchko knocked the **** out of him

man the klitchscko brothers are that wooden am surprised there haven't been beat already!!!

bigfella9
11th December, 2008, 09:09 PM
Where does Mike Tyson rank among the all-time greats?
There’s no question that for a brief time in the late 1980s Tyson was truly awesome -- as feared and dominating as any fighter who ever lived. But true greatness also requires longevity and wins over quality opponents and in these two categories Tyson is sorely lacking. Tyson’s prime really only lasted from his 1985 debut through the end 1989 -- just prior to being KO’d by Buster Douglas. During this time Tyson was an amazing 37-0 and became the youngest heavyweight champ in history. But his greatest victories were KOs against a flabby, over the hill ex-champ in Larry Holmes and a scared, blown-up light heavyweight in Michael Spinks. Tyson’s other "big wins" were over Trevor Berbick, Bonecrusher Smith, Pinklon Thomas, Tony Tucker, Tony Tubbs and Frank Bruno. Hardly the stuff of legends.
Using the Douglas loss as the turning point, Tyson is an extremely ordinary 12-4 with 2 no contests over the second part of his career. Against the great fighters of his era - Evander Holyfield, Lennox Lewis and Buster Douglas - Tyson was 0-4 (OK, I’m using the term ‘great’ very loosely here in order to make a point) and he never even faced Riddick Bowe, George Foreman, Ray Mercer or Michael Moorer. Given the stunningly short duration of Tyson’s meteoric rise and fall, along with his lack of truly significant wins, it’s impossible to rank Tyson among the top ten heavyweights of all-time. In one of the greatest cases of squandered talent in the history of sports, Tyson’s spot in the pantheon of greats belongs somewhere between numbers 11 and 20 -- right next to his twin from an earlier era, Charles "Sonny" Liston. Only time will tell if Tyson’s life continues to parallel the tragic arc or Liston’s or if he can somehow redeem himself and avoid a similarly early and mysterious demise

bigfella9
11th December, 2008, 09:10 PM
Where does Lennox Lewis rank among the all-time greats?
Lewis’ ranking among the greatest heavyweights of all-time must be looked at in two ways. Not only in the traditional way - in terms of dominance relative to his era - but also on a truly head-to-head basis with the greats of other eras. On the former basis, Lewis now deserves a spot right behind the four greatest heavyweights of all-time in terms of ruling their own eras: Muhammad Ali, Joe Louis, Jack Johnson and Jack Dempsey. Right behind Lewis would be fighters such as Rocky Marciano, Larry Holmes, Evander Holyfield, George Foreman and Joe Frazier. If you think that is too high a ranking for Lewis, consider the following list of vanquished opponents (in order): Razor Ruddock, Tony Tucker, Frank Bruno, Tommy Morrison, Ray Mercer, Andrew Golota, Shannon Briggs, Evander Holyfield, Michael Grant, David Tua and Mike Tyson. Throw in a gold medal winning KO of Riddick Bowe in the Olympics and the fact he was able to avenge his only two pro losses - to Oliver McCall and Hasim Rahman - and it’s impossible to rank Lewis any lower and might actually merit placing him right behind Ali and Louis at number three.
The more debatable argument is where does Lewis belong among the all-time greats on a head-to-head basis? Especially when you open the discussion with this statement: At his best, Lennox Lewis would have defeated any heavyweight fighter who ever lived. Once you’ve recovered from the seeming ridiculousness of that declaration, consider two stats: Six-foot-five and 249 pounds. Lewis’ dominance of Tyson was as much a function of his overwhelming size advantage as his superior skills. Jack Johnson was 6-1 ? and 192 pounds. Dempsey was 6-0 ? and 187 pounds. Louis was 6-1 ? and 197 pounds. Marciano was 5-10 ? and 184 pounds. Even Ali was "only" 6-3 and 210 pounds or so in his prime. The size advantage Lewis would enjoy over all of these great fighters would almost certainly have more than offset any edge the earlier fighters might have on a purely "pound-for-pound" basis. So there you have it: Lennox is one of the greatest heavyweights of all-time but would have to be considered a favorite against any fighter who ever lived on a head-to-head basis.

gingerninja
16th December, 2008, 01:15 PM
my top ten heavy weights
1)Muhammed Ali (too skillful for lewis)
2)George Foreman(Barring The loss in the jungle this guy was true monster and would of lifted lewis out of the ring with one of his punches)
3)Larry Holmes(Best boxer after ali)
4)Rocky Marciana(He was very small but beat a bigger legend joe louis
5)Joe Louis(Joe louis was a legend back in the 50's real hard man
6)Lennox Lewis(Greatest of modern era)
7)Joe Frazier(Had some great dust ps with Ali
8)Evander Holyfield(Destroyed the myth of tyson)
9)Mike Tyson (Most exciting heavyweight in recent years badly managed and career speaks for it self 10) ?

NoJo1324
19th December, 2008, 01:09 AM
where are frank bruno and gary mason in your top 10 list ??? lol

gingerninja
24th December, 2008, 01:06 PM
somewhere not in top 10 best heavy weights