PDA

View Full Version : VW T5 chiptune with EDC16 Flasher(CMD clone)

Fec001
28th January, 2011, 07:21 PM
HI!
Today i read out a tuned file from a VW T5 with CMD clone EDC16 flasher. It read out a 2 mb file..... The question is: Can is replace this tuned file to another Vw T5 with the same engine, same ECu etc. Or this 2 mb file is contain the whole ECU files, Km, immo,

ominimicu
28th January, 2011, 08:26 PM
You can replace it..as long as it s the same model, ECu HW and SW numbers. km and immo go apart. Be carefull with cheksum..dont block the ECU

gezame
28th January, 2011, 09:49 PM
Hi
It is not good practice to write files and modified, if you do not want problems.
Always the best solution is to modify the file read from the ecu, with some exceptions.
Regards.

Fec001
29th January, 2011, 01:32 PM
i think the CMD flasher do the checksum automatically

ka-pa-za
30th January, 2011, 08:56 PM
i think the CMD flasher do the checksum automatically

Better be sure, or your BDM skills will improve. ;-)
I would not copy it 1on1 but compare the files in winols or other compare tool.
Try if you can understand the maps, look how they where changed. do the same to your file.

On the hw sw nr you can not see if one of the 2 ecu's had an update @ the dealer or not.

marujon
30th January, 2011, 09:29 PM
Better be sure, or your BDM skills will improve. ;-)
I would not copy it 1on1 but compare the files in winols or other compare tool.
Try if you can understand the maps, look how they where changed. do the same to your file.

On the hw sw nr you can not see if one of the 2 ecu's had an update @ the dealer or not.

read your ori, and copy the maps. see what changes. Copy the maps in your dump.

Fec001
30th January, 2011, 11:20 PM
Can u recommend me a good and free program?

jovime
31st January, 2011, 12:48 AM
A new ECU for that van will cost you approximately 700 euro;. A good professional tune will cost you between 200 and 400 euro;, you choose...

Good luck.