PDA

View Full Version : 500c help please

Dreamer
19th April, 2008, 03:53 PM
Hi all. I’m a newbie to the dreambox and this forum. I’m a bit familiar with the dbox and I recently got a dreambox 500C after a week the keys changed and I’ve been trying to get it fully functional since then. I put in the dw v2 image and I followed the fixes listed in these posts

1 AU fix at http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1273 I couldn’t download these(didn’t have enough posts at time) but I believe I already have the correct updated ones.
2 Changing the camd and mg_cfg as follows
# AU
# 00 is ignored (default)
# 01 enable AU
# 02 AU Auto
A: {01} change this to {02}
2 I’ve edited the keylist.txt file in var/keys with what I believe are the newest keys
3 I downloaded this rar file with all the var/keys files http://rapidshare.com/files/107724581/keys.rar
4 I put the 7 10 &11 rom files into the var/keys and the var/scce
5 I’ve rescanned using bruteforce

It’s just the same. Any help would be appreciated. Someone mentioned a new DW image. Where can I get it?
Someone also mentioned restarting EMU is this the same as a box restart?
:bawling:

zaf786
19th April, 2008, 04:07 PM
Hi all. I?m a newbie to the dreambox and this forum. I?m a bit familiar with the dbox and I recently got a dreambox 500C after a week the keys changed and I?ve been trying to get it fully functional since then. I put in the dw v2 image and I followed the fixes listed in these posts

1 AU fix at http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1273 I couldn?t download these(didn?t have enough posts at time) but I believe I already have the correct updated ones.
# AU
# 01 enable AU
# 02 AU Auto
2 I?ve edited the keylist.txt file in var/keys with what I believe are the newest keys
3 I downloaded this rar file with all the var/keys files http://rapidshare.com/files/107724581/keys.rar
5 I?ve rescanned using bruteforce

It?s just the same. Any help would be appreciated. Someone mentioned a new DW image. Where can I get it?
Hi restart cam via blue button make sure it,s evocam and reboot your box leave it on sky sports 1

Devilfish
19th April, 2008, 04:08 PM
OK you're almost there.

FTP to your box and delete EVERY file that's in /var/keys.

Now open the rar file that you got from rapidshare and copy the contents of that keys folder into your /var/keys folder on your box.

Flick to sky sports 1 and reboot the box using the shutdown menu...

menu > shutdown > reboot now

When the box powers up, it should start of sky sports one, a window should come up saying 'Starting Evocamd 2.12' then you will get a blank screen. Wait for a few minutes and the channel will come on.

For some season, I think peoples files are becoming corrupt. Editing them with tuxbox commander and editing them with windows notepad and wordpad. They are linux files and if a windows character get's stuck in there it will screw it up.

So try that and see how you get on.

Dreamer
19th April, 2008, 04:13 PM
Hi restart cam via blue button make sure it,s evocam and reboot your box leave it on sky sports 1

I have exited to the menu and pressed blue button but nothing is displayed.

How do I get to correct menu or place for blue button to work?

p.s. Have just read your post Kaos. Cheers I'm off to try out you're instructions.

zaf786
19th April, 2008, 04:18 PM
I have exited to the menu and pressed blue button but nothing is displayed.

How do I get to correct menu or place for blue button to work?

p.s. Have just read your post Kaos. Cheers I'm off to try out you're instructions.
What image are you using mate

Dreamer
19th April, 2008, 04:31 PM
OK you're almost there.

FTP to your box and delete EVERY file that's in /var/keys.

Now open the rar file that you got from rapidshare and copy the contents of that keys folder into your /var/keys folder on your box.

Flick to sky sports 1 and reboot the box using the shutdown menu...

menu > shutdown > reboot now

When the box powers up, it should start of sky sports one, a window should come up saying 'Starting Evocamd 2.12' then you will get a blank screen. Wait for a few minutes and the channel will come on.

For some season, I think peoples files are becoming corrupt. Editing them with tuxbox commander and editing them with windows notepad and wordpad. They are linux files and if a windows character get's stuck in there it will screw it up.

So try that and see how you get on.

OK I tried that and there is no window with "'Starting Evocamd 2.12'"

Is it possible I dont have Evocamd?

Dreamer
19th April, 2008, 04:33 PM
What image are you using mate

Dw v2 I think it was released Nov 2007. Is there a newer one?

Devilfish
19th April, 2008, 04:34 PM
Press OK and you should see at the top what emu you are using. If you don't see anything, I recommend you do a factory reset and it will restore all defaults.

Then try again.

zaf786
19th April, 2008, 04:46 PM
[QUOTE=Dreamer;10171]Dw v2 I think it was released Nov 2007. Is there a newer one?[/QUOTE
I put this in downloads you can try it just follow instructions
http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=163

Dreamer
19th April, 2008, 04:47 PM
Press OK and you should see at the top what emu you are using. If you don't see anything, I recommend you do a factory reset and it will restore all defaults.

Then try again.

Now I'm scared!
If I factory reset will that delete the dw image I put on? will I still be able to ftp in?
Is there somewhere I can look in the file system to make sure I have Evocamd or is it always there as standard?

Dreamer
19th April, 2008, 04:52 PM
[QUOTE=Dreamer;10171]Dw v2 I think it was released Nov 2007. Is there a newer one?[/QUOTE
I put this in downloads you can try it just follow instructions
http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=163

Cheers 4 that I will give it a go. Do I need to dreamup the image with null modem? I've never done that before.
I put the last image in via ftp, changing the name and putting it in the tmp folder etc

Dreamer
19th April, 2008, 05:37 PM
[QUOTE=zaf786;10177]

Cheers 4 that I will give it a go. Do I need to dreamup the image with null modem? I've never done that before.
I put the last image in via ftp, changing the name and putting it in the tmp folder etc

I've ftpd the image in and restarted. Still only getting a picture on some channels. I've just started a scan so we will see what happens then. I'm still a bit confused about the Evocamd. I had no problem with my old dbox I could enable different cams on that but I don't see a way of doing it with the 500c.

Thanks for your help:girl:

smirnoff_rules
19th April, 2008, 05:38 PM
dont forget to put on sky sports 1 for a few minutes to auto update

Jaffa
19th April, 2008, 05:48 PM
I've ftpd the image in and restarted. Still only getting a picture on some channels. I've just started a scan so we will see what happens then. I'm still a bit confused about the Evocamd. I had no problem with my old dbox I could enable different cams on that but I don't see a way of doing it with the 500c.

Thanks for your help:girl:

I think it only comes with Evocamd but is possible to put more in is you wish, you can ftp them to tmp and use the user features to set them up or connect your dreambox to your router and connect to the server to do it.

Dreamer
19th April, 2008, 06:04 PM
Do you know how I can check the cams? I tried pressing the blue button and nothing happened. Kaos recomends I do a factory reset but I'm a bit scared to do that just yet cause I don't know what a factory reset does. I've got my box on Sky Sports one but it doesn't appear to be updating yet. still no picture or sound on some channels.

Jaffa
19th April, 2008, 06:10 PM
I could be wrong but I think the factory reset only sets the image back to as it was 1st put on...but not sure so dont take my word for it...lol.

I (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1496) thought you ftped a new image on ???

smirnoff_rules
19th April, 2008, 06:17 PM
we could do with knowing wont cams on it .. if its 2.13 then that should be ok

Dreamer
19th April, 2008, 06:22 PM
I put the latest mod dw v2 image on. Thanks to zaf786's post. but I don't know how to restart the Evocamd or if I even have one? Is there somewhere in the file system I can look and check

Jaffa
19th April, 2008, 06:24 PM
I put the latest mod dw v2 image on. Thanks to zaf786's post. but I don't know how to restart the Evocamd or if I even have one? Is there somewhere in the file system I can look and check

With dw 2.0 you should have it if you press Blue button, it should be at the top.

smirnoff_rules
19th April, 2008, 06:24 PM
my 600 is blue button softcam setup . havent got a 500

Dreamer
19th April, 2008, 06:38 PM
I know you guys will think I'm mad or stupid but I'm new to the dreambox.
If I'm in the tv menu and press the blue button that would give me my bouquets menu. what menu should I be in to check the cam?

smirnoff_rules
19th April, 2008, 06:40 PM
If I'm in the tv menu and press the blue button that would give me my bouquets menu. what menu should I be in to check the cam?

press exit m8 , get back to a normal screen then press blue

Jaffa
19th April, 2008, 06:42 PM

If we thought you were mad or stupid do you really think we would be answering your questions.

Just do as Smirf posted above.

Dreamer
19th April, 2008, 06:54 PM
Cheers guys.

If I press exit from the tv menu nothing happens. I can go into the menu where I have the choice of tv radio file games etc.

smirnoff_rules
19th April, 2008, 07:00 PM
something is wrong there m8 . if your watchin a program and press blue the softcam box should open

Dreamer
19th April, 2008, 07:07 PM
Yes somethings not right.

If I'm watching a prog and press the blue button the screen goes blank and it changes the channel to the one it starts up on.

smirnoff_rules
19th April, 2008, 07:12 PM
sounds like a bad flash to me , there has to be a menu fault on it .. do a factory reset and rescan again , or reflash .. l have no idea if that image works . l know the dw 2 one works with a files fix

Dreamer
19th April, 2008, 07:23 PM
OK

I'm going to do the factory reset but I'll leave it till tomorrow.

thanks for your help

metall1
19th April, 2008, 07:57 PM

Don't know what image your running, but in gemini image (or any enigma image) there is an option to use 7000 series type remote, that would account for some of your buttons not doing what they should as they are mismatched. Try pressing the volume +/- buttons and if they open up a menu or something then the chances are that has been selected.

Dreamer
20th April, 2008, 09:54 AM
I’ve done the factory reset. It just resets your config, services, bouquets and some other files so it wasn’t too scary and it left the DW image on.
From there I just changed the camd and mg_cfg files, rescanned, rebooted to sky sports 1 and after a couple of minutes---- there was sport.

Looks like a bad flash afterall. Everything is working just fine now and I even know which version of Evocamd I have now!

I done a little dance, patted myself on the back and said a loud “thank you” to all you guys for your help.

Devilfish
20th April, 2008, 10:05 AM

Then try again.

Nobody ever listens to me... :s: ;)

Dreamer
20th April, 2008, 10:10 AM
I did but I was scared to factory reset the box as I've had a bad experience with the dbox before and I didn't know what the factory reset done to the dreambox.

You're a star

thanks

donkey121
20th April, 2008, 12:26 PM
Hi all. I?m a newbie to the dreambox and this forum. I?m a bit familiar with the dbox and I recently got a dreambox 500C after a week the keys changed and I?ve been trying to get it fully functional since then. I put in the dw v2 image and I followed the fixes listed in these posts

1 AU fix at http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1273 I couldn?t download these(didn?t have enough posts at time) but I believe I already have the correct updated ones.
# AU
# 01 enable AU
# 02 AU Auto
2 I?ve edited the keylist.txt file in var/keys with what I believe are the newest keys
5 I?ve rescanned using bruteforce

It?s just the same. Any help would be appreciated. Someone mentioned a new DW image. Where can I get it?

how do you put these files into the dreambox icant open the new file
please help
fedup

Dreamer
20th April, 2008, 01:25 PM
Hi donkey 121.

If you want to download the files you will need to have made 5 posts. Then you can transfer them to your box. If you are not sure how to do this the guys on the forum will help you.

I suggest you start a new post and give us information about your box and the problem?

o71g
21st July, 2008, 06:32 AM
Hi,

I'm a little new to dreambox but I have a little problem with the new image and I know it must be something I'm doing wrong.

I updated with the new DK1 image and when I restart I get the big round new logo and then it goes black for a second, then I see the logo again for about 10 seconds before restarting againg. It appears to be caought in a loop.

I then reverted back to the old DW2 image and all is working fine. What am I doing wrong?
any help gladly taken.

Cheers

O71G