PDA

View Full Version : pop ups

stuckylad
7th December, 2008, 09:35 AM
hi ,just lately been bombarded with pop ups ,the blocker is on ,any help would be greatly appreciated,geetting sick of these things.

pedst
10th December, 2008, 03:06 PM
try using mozzila firefox with adblock plus plugin. works a treat

davidred5
11th December, 2008, 03:01 PM
hi ,just lately been bombarded with pop ups ,the blocker is on ,any help would be greatly appreciated,geetting sick of these things.
YOu may also have some spyware on your systm I use webroot spy sweeper it only costs a tenner and is somtimes free in PC Format magazine.

The good thing about it is all updates are free and it does what it sez on the tin.

Hope this helps

Walkinmyshadow
11th December, 2008, 06:16 PM
Spy sweeper is good but there are lots of free programs like spybot and ad-aware that will do a similar job, adblocker is ok but it only stops the pop-ups, if there is spyware on your pc its best to get shot of it altogether.. after all..prevention is better that cure.

burnage bowler
11th December, 2008, 09:28 PM
I ahve just installed and run spybot from download.com, it found 55 issues 2 of them trojan's, most of the crap is from my daughter and bear share, roll on christmass when she is on her own laptop and leave my pc alone

Devilfish
11th December, 2008, 09:37 PM
SpyBot is a must for all PC owners.

lfc4life
11th December, 2008, 09:46 PM
i have a thing called malwarebytes anti malware program on mine and its real good! filehippo.com is a great sire.:wink:

gmb45
12th December, 2008, 06:11 AM
heres a brill anti virus software,malwarebytes from malwarebytes.org great for ridding you of a number of viruses.its free.

lfc4life
12th December, 2008, 09:58 AM
heres a brill anti virus software,malwarebytes from malwarebytes.org great for ridding you of a number of viruses.its free.

thats what i said in my post !!!

:unionflag::unionflag::unionflag:

algorithmicblues
12th December, 2008, 08:34 PM
Hello
Try booting into safe mode and then empty your temp files along with your temporary internet files and your cookies. To view your temporary files you will need to follow the path C:\Documents and Settings\User(being your user)\Local Settings\Temp. If you cannot see your "local setting" file then it is hidden, you can view it by going into "my computer" click tools on the top menu bar then click folder options then click view and then click show hidden files. If you are using ie6 you will be able to delete your cookies and temporary internet files from in your "local setting" file , but if you are using ie7 you will need to open your web browser and click tools on the menu bar then click internet options and then delete files, you can then delete your relevant files.
By deleting these files you will kill any active cookies that may be causing your popup problems. - hope this helps.