PDA

View Full Version : Paranormal beliefs

hoggy952
30th January, 2011, 04:28 PM
More than half of Britons believe in life after death and two in five believe in angels.

Some 53 percent believe in psychic powers and the possibility of life after death, a survey reveals. One in five say they have seen a ghost or felt the presence of a spirit while two in five believe in ?guardian angels?. Many people believe they have seen the ghost or felt the spirit of a close friend or relative who has passed away. Two in five say they want to speak to dead relatives and one in five has visited a medium or psychic to help them do so ? spending an average of ?31 per visit.

Almost two in five adults believe someone in their family is gifted with psychic ability. A third of the nation describe themselves as ?spiritual? but only a quarter claim to be ?religious?, according to the study carried out for the Clint Eastwood film ?Hereafter?. However, a third of the nation still believes in heaven and a fifth believes they will be reincarnated when they pass away, the report said.

One in five British adults would also love to have a conversation with the former Princess of Wales. Albert Einstein came second in the online poll of 3,000 adults, followed by Marilyn Monroe and Freddie Mercury. Seven percent want to have a chat with Adolf Hitler. Penny Sartori, an expert on near-death experiences and author of the study, said people are now less worried about being ridiculed for believing in spirits. But one in five would still be too embarrassed to admit they had seen or felt the presence of a ghost.what do you believe in ?

Shady
30th January, 2011, 07:51 PM
I'll tell you what i don't believe in...ghosts.
people will use the old line about.'well newtons states that energy cannot be created or destroyed, it can only change form', so where does the energy from the living go?
my theory?...lightning.

RedSpider
30th January, 2011, 09:59 PM
I'll tell you what i don't believe in...ghosts.
people will use the old line about.'well newtons states that energy cannot be created or destroyed, it can only change form', so where does the energy from the living go?
my theory?...lightning.

no no, people are smelted down and turned into battery innards

Shady
30th January, 2011, 10:01 PM
they still turn into leccy either way..

patkins
30th January, 2011, 11:53 PM
I believe that Hoggy will tell us what he believes in.

Cronus
31st January, 2011, 12:15 AM
You die...your dead.

Anything other than that crosses into religious beliefs.

Religion is just for people who don't understand science.

tshirtman
31st January, 2011, 03:22 AM

I always thought religion is for people who are scared of death

science is easy to understand

"If it moves, it's biology. If it smells, it's chemistry. If you don't get it, it's physics".

Shady
31st January, 2011, 08:27 AM

Got to agree with you here Cronus,
'God' seems to be an easy answer for people who either dont understand or are too scared of the truth.

'Why did granny die'?
'God said'

'Why does it rain'?
'Because of God'

RedSpider
31st January, 2011, 08:21 PM
I don't believe in ghosts, but I do believe in the ghostbusters

hoggy952
31st January, 2011, 10:25 PM
I believe when you die that you will come back as someone else or something.
you must have had a experience where you have been somewhere or seen something that happened before,but you cant remember exactly.
but you know that you have been there before in the past,and you cant understand how and when.
I hope that makes sense?

nara
31st January, 2011, 11:23 PM
I hope that makes sense?

Yep, it's known as deja-vu. If you Google you'll find a scientific explanation of what causes it

Shady
31st January, 2011, 11:27 PM
Yep, it's known as deja-vu. If you Google you'll find a scientific explanation of what causes it

its known as deja-vu in the same way as rainbows are known to have gold at the end..
same as reincarnation, an idiots explanation of genetic memories

stuckylad
2nd February, 2011, 06:10 PM
never heard of soylent green... mmm delishlol