PDA

View Full Version : Crown Wave

illy
30th January, 2011, 07:46 PM
Hi.
I have a problem with Crown Wave (WAV50-118) work platform.
I'm servicing about 15 Crown work platforms around my erea. The thing is, they all have the same problem. After a few hundreds of working hours the "right motor open" or "left motor open" error is displayed.
Every time I dismatled the motors and took them to specialized workshop together with the brushes supplied from Crown.
After that the situation gets worse. Now the motors work only for a few hours. I've changed two workshops and it's allways the same.
Somebody had this problem?

uzara
31st January, 2011, 12:46 AM
Hi illy
What are the collectors, when that happens?
burned?
If this is so is an overload before maybe, or brush holder is broken
I need some more information, at best, with images that look like the engine operating hours after 100

Hi illy
Check whether the drive is smooth, and look for foreign bodies in the wheel hub.
Measure the power consumption of the engines with clamp meters.
Measure the voltage, both at load!
In volt ampere and!
i think I have spare parts and workshop for this
I must look
regards

illy
31st January, 2011, 10:47 PM
Thanks for your reply Uzara.

I already have workshop manual and parts catalog so you don't have to bother. Also I have Curtis handset for diagnostics. I've used it to view voltage and power consumption.

Here's the thing for the last problem platform...

The original motors were repaired when "left" or "right motor open" error was on. Collectors weren't burned. I took the motors to the specialized workshop. They have flatten the surface of collectors and put the new brushes which I've got from Crown.
I've assembled the motors and they worked great. After three days the customer called me and said that "the platform has a mind of it's own". I went out.
One of the motors was burning hot...

I replaced the "three working day" motors with two motors repaired in one other workshop. They said that the brushes supplied from Crown were to greasy and they changed them with brushers with more copper (harder, more convenient for 24V motors). They also did the balancing of the rotors.

So...
I've assembled this two motors and they worked great for 15 minutes. After that the platform started to diviate again...
One of the motors was burning hot. They both had same voltage (17V) but the current was L:1A and R:19A in full straight throttle!!!
I've switched the outputs from controller: it's the same!
I've dismantled the motors from the gearboxes and in no load work the same motor gets burning hot!

It can't be that two experienced workshops can't fix this motors.
I think there is something factory very wrong...

Please comment...

uzara
1st February, 2011, 07:42 PM
hi

1. They both had same voltage (17V) but the current was L:1A and R:19A in full straight throttle!!!

Which of the two has become hot, left or right?

2. They both had same voltage (17V) but the current was L:1A and R:19A in full straight throttle!!!
Measured or read with the console?
17 volts is not enough, the lower the voltage the more likely the stream.
This can destroy a Electric Motor.
The Carbon brush holder base plate is adjustable to the base.
A misalignment destroys the motor.
I hope you did it marks him as the adjustment has been time.(Carbon brush holder base plate)
Another possibility is the motor of a short circuit in the collector field has

Controlling the values (voltage and current) with with real instruments, is safer

What is with the gearbox and weels ,have you check it?

regards

sorry my mistake

illy
3rd February, 2011, 12:04 PM
1. The right motor (19A) becomes hot

2. I read the voltage by Curtis handset.
I will do the measuring next time I visit the machine but...
These are DC motors. You have to change output voltage to change the motor speed. Right?

For example...
If I put 50% straight throttle I will read about 10 V with Curtis handset. I get 17 V beacuse the max. speed is factory set to 85%.

There isn't a word about voltage output of the controller in the service manual. Only that it is controlled by transistors.
Even if it is PWM (24V), you will measure apparent voltage because of the inertia of the measuring instrument. Right?

About the gearboxes and weels...
I have dismantled both motors from the gearboxes. I don't feel diffrent resistance when moving the weels by hand. There are no sounds. There is no diviation in weel rotation. Everything runs smoothly.

The motor becomes hot when dismantled from the gearbox running in no load.

I have returned the motors to the guys in the specialized workshop. I'm intersted what will they say. Before they mentioned that the permanent magnets can weaken when an iron coil is not inserted when disassembling the motors.

Also, in both workshops I've worked with, they tested the motors after repair. One motor was always drawing more power from the other. For example, one 5,3 A other 4,4 A. This happened on various motor pairs!

What's a electrospindle?
What's a coal burst holder?

Please comment/advise...

uzara
7th February, 2011, 04:13 PM
[QUOTE=illy;957202]1. The right motor (19A) becomes hot

Control the adjustment of the base plate for the brush holder.
Is set as the ignition gasoline engine
I think that the setting is not right, and the engine is hot.
This increased power consumption.
Greeting uzara