PDA

View Full Version : Hard Drive for VU+ Duo

thegalaxyboy
30th January, 2011, 11:31 PM
Hello again,

Making good progress with my new VU+ Duo box.

An issue I can't seem to fix is, having added a new Western Digital 1tb Green (W10EARS) hdd and then starting the system up, I get the TV screen flicker showing me it's 720p (normal) and then when it's suppose to flicker again to go to 1080i (which is what I have set on the box) all I get is a black screen. And infront of the VU+ box lcd screen it just displays "VU+ Duo". I can't put it to standby and it doesn't repsond to any other remote commands so a switch action is required.

The worring thing is, in one case having removed the drive and then restarting the box I wasn't getting any output from HDMi. So I reflashed and still no output, but flashing for the third time and using the SCART lead it came up. I then configured the HDMi port from the scart connection and all looks to be working (minus the new hdd being attached) through the HDMi.

I have checked the hdd connections and all look to be secure. Can someone please advise what could be causing this? I have also tested the hard drive in a windows 7 pc (ntfs format) and no errors have been reported.

Thanks for your help.