PDA

View Full Version : help guide howto on getting games

standarren
7th December, 2008, 11:39 AM
hi chaps sorry for the title its crap i no but i didnt have a clue what to put

been looking around and just realised i could make the most of my nintendo ds i've just ordered a r4 card and a 2gig sd card i have a great site that i found on google with every game possible on there i just wondered what i do next when the cards arrive and i have downloaded the games cheers guys

Jaffa
7th December, 2008, 12:00 PM
Depends if the card is an original or a clone, my money is on a clone cos the dont make R4 cards anymore.

All you do if put the firmware onto the memory card and then put the games on, simple as that.

You need to have the right firmware, originals only have firmware up to version 1.18 but clones have firmware up to 1.24. A clone will also allow sdhc cards up to 8gb and originals can only handle up to 2gb.

standarren
7th December, 2008, 12:35 PM
cheers pal hope i've ordered the right one
here it is i got a 2gb sd as well
what you think

R4DS (http://www.klickstore.com/product_info.php?products_id=734)

Jaffa
7th December, 2008, 12:42 PM
cheers pal hope i've ordered the right one
here it is i got a 2gb sd as well
what you think

R4DS (http://www.klickstore.com/product_info.php?products_id=734)

Its hard to say m8, hopefully they will include the firmware on a disc with it. If not then we will take it from there, if you put original firmware on a clone it will not damage it, it just will give you an error about not loading so you just shove the cloned firmware on it.

Its really simple, just drag and drop the firmware to root of card and same with games.

standarren
7th December, 2008, 12:45 PM
jaffa you really are a wealth of knowledge mate i've seen you around on the dbox forums always willing to help out if its ok by you when i recieve it is it ok to pm you should get it up and running in no time with your help cheers mate

Jaffa
7th December, 2008, 01:23 PM
jaffa you really are a wealth of knowledge mate i've seen you around on the dbox forums always willing to help out if its ok by you when i recieve it is it ok to pm you should get it up and running in no time with your help cheers mate

Yeah you can pm if need be m8, no problems there but I reckon you wont have to.

Wealth of knowledge...lol I only repeat what I have learned from others, thats how we all learn I guess.

standarren
7th December, 2008, 01:34 PM
thanks mate
never underestimate your self remember
knowledge is power