PDA

View Full Version : Evocamd

saxson99
19th April, 2008, 07:37 PM
Do you think it is worth upgrading from Evocamd ver 2.13 to 2.17?
I see there is a version 2.17c available on some sat sites?
Has anyone upgraded the version on DW 2?

smirnoff_rules
19th April, 2008, 07:40 PM
l still use 2.13 cant see any reason to update it until u need to

aftermath
19th April, 2008, 07:48 PM
ive still got 2.12, its working fine, so why change it.

Neil
19th April, 2008, 09:25 PM
I think the newer versions come out to sort out problems found in newer encryptions. Since we are on nagra1 which is quite old there is probably no benefit. I use 2.17 on a 7025 without problem only because it was on the download menu when I first installed the pli image.

saxson99
19th April, 2008, 09:34 PM
I was thinking of updating the to ver 2.17 as somtimes the picture would breakup, do you think I should look at mgcamd?
Is there any other emulation I can install on the Dreambox 500c running DW2 image apart from Evocamd and mgcamd?
Sorry if this is back to basics, I am trying to gain some knowledge to make this box run properly.:idea:

Devilfish
20th April, 2008, 12:09 AM
No-one cares about UK cable, we still use old nagra 1. No other system uses this encryption.

The EMU get developed and upgraded for the satellite scene. As the packages move on and get better, the emu needs to be upgraded and things added, that's why there are later versions. Most of the stuff in the latest releases have no benefit to us on UK cable so there's no need to upgrade.

I think that evocamd_2.12 is the best, I've certainly had no problems with it. Later revisions with more code only means a larger file and that takes up more spave in /var and that's not a good thing.

It's up to you, by all means try the new versions out and try to get them working. There's no harm in playing about, just remember to backup your working image first in case you get any hassles. :)