PDA

View Full Version : Sprinter CDI injector replacement tech info

talmadge
31st January, 2011, 08:33 PM
Anyone have the service info on cdi injector R&R? Thanks

florinyes
31st January, 2011, 10:38 PM
What you need to know mate?

Apart from the pull it out grief it's all pretty straight forward..

Intakes out, cover out etc...fit new washers and clamp bolts and off it goes.

nutsman
31st January, 2011, 10:50 PM
Anyone have the service info on cdi injector R&R? Thanks

Depending on the year you may find that the lining of the top cover has melted, if so it will be all over the injectors and the allen bolts securing them. When this happens it will put hours on the job. If I remember correctly tighten sequence for clamp bolts is 7nm plus 90 degrees. Hopefully you wont have the problem with cover, good luck.

florinyes
31st January, 2011, 10:57 PM
Depending on the year you may find that the lining of the top cover has melted, if so it will be all over the injectors and the allen bolts securing them. When this happens it will put hours on the job. If I remember correctly tighten sequence for clamp bolts is 7nm plus 90 degrees. Hopefully you wont have the problem with cover, good luck.

It's not the cover melted but carbon build from leaking injectors mate. Either way you'll need a tool to clean injector seat in head.

talmadge
1st February, 2011, 10:26 PM
Yea it took about 2hrs with a pick and pb blaster to get all the black carbon out, but injectors wont move ,scared I am going to break some think, I have ordered a tool from Hutson Precision.I was not sure I was doing it right. But after a little reading up Its called black death, its blow by and diesel.I guess a simple job is never simple.

florinyes
1st February, 2011, 10:28 PM
I guess a simple job is never simple.

Not on a CDI Merc mate

talmadge
1st February, 2011, 10:38 PM
Not on a CDI Merc mate.. What ??

florinyes
1st February, 2011, 10:42 PM
Previous post edited..

Dzltec
5th February, 2011, 08:18 AM
By the sounds of it you will need a good puller and seat cutter. Some can be stuck pretty well. You may even break the cam cover.

Good luck.

Andy

talmadge
16th February, 2011, 01:04 AM
Update :Tried to pry them out :( Tried to use a vice grips and wiggle them out :( soaked them for 24 hrs and used a slide hammer :( ordered a puller and cutter from hutson-precision-components :) like cutting butter, the only problem I ran in to after that, was one of the little I mean VERY VERY LITTLE steel balls dropped on the floor and went in to frairy tale land, had to buy one injector