PDA

View Full Version : Blue or red max

Pol
19th April, 2008, 08:10 PM
Is there a difference in looks regarding the red and blue max , how could you tell one from the other if for instance you had no packaging.

smirnoff_rules
19th April, 2008, 08:15 PM
the firmware in download will only load to the right box m8 so thats not a problem , try blue first m8 if its says wrong box try red its as easy as that ..thanx god ..better than the dreambox lol

Pol
19th April, 2008, 08:24 PM
Thanks buddy thats what I needed to know,cheers

Jaffa
19th April, 2008, 08:32 PM
If you look where the tuner is at the back, then view the tuner through the slots (airvents) on top of box.

If you count the slots up to the end of tuner, if there is 11 slots up to the end of tuner then its a bluemax and if there is 8 slots up to the end of tuner then its a redbox

Pol
20th April, 2008, 08:36 PM
Looks like according to your description that i have a red max even though it definitely came in a blue box, still not to worry as its already been explained to me that the firmware can detect which box i have. Thanks anyway.

merchant22
27th April, 2008, 09:48 AM
yeah i hope this is true about counting the air vents i read this on another site
as well so i loaded the blue and it did download
but me friend said that it didnt work and now the remote dont work strange me tinks

Jaffa
27th April, 2008, 10:34 AM
Could your m8s be a clone maybe ??

jed
3rd May, 2008, 08:38 PM
The 'colour' element is TOTALLY down to the COLOUR of the box within which the EUROVOX BOX was supplied, i.e. my box was supplied in a BLUE box (2006) and NOT the colour of the actual electronic box. Subsequently any software updates will be required for a BLUE box. Box colours are BLUE,RED,WHITE,GREY & BLACK