PDA

View Full Version : Kryptview

max4271
7th December, 2008, 02:04 PM
Hi all,

I was thinking of buying a Kryptview box, does anyone rate these boxes?

Thanks

GrimReaper87
7th December, 2008, 02:15 PM
I have one of these and they are fine although have a tendency to freeze which requires an unplug from the mains but does boot straight up and fast, only problem was this happened last night, I left it on a channel and set the recorder but the box froze and obviously wasn't able to reset, lol.

lesj
7th December, 2008, 02:17 PM
never tried a kryptview but when buying a new box i try to see what box it is easier to get the updates for, after all we all want value for money the new starview 4 looks good as you can use a usb stick to update it so no need to connect to a pc

markh29
7th December, 2008, 02:23 PM
I personally favour the kryptview over all of the others, ive had them all and although its not the best looking box in my opinion it is a decent box with quite good support. They had tuner upgrades and seem to be ok now
This is just my my preference and of course this will differ from person to person

M

wong
9th December, 2008, 05:43 PM
it will be the ONLY box with 100% updates if and when the next keyroll changes.

snook123
9th December, 2008, 05:51 PM
Hi I have a kryptview and a dreambox the epg and ease of use on dreambox is far superior but to update the kryptview is a doddle. If you’re not very technical then get a kryptview but I would recommend a dreambox as its far better to actually use once you have it up and running but getting it running is a testing. Also this time round the dreambox had the fix the same time as kryptview or very close, a big thanks to this forum and the others and the people that work on these things.