PDA

View Full Version : cpu fan reports as not working ...but it is

violentj
19th April, 2008, 09:17 PM
hello,just a small question really

i recently installed xp64 and ran into some trouble-sorted those problems out and now on boot,on the post screen it tells me cpu fan fail or not working-but the fans on and spinning normally

i also downloaded some amd software to tell me various infos,and it also reports that the cpu fan is going 0 rpm yet ive got the side off the pc and i can see its spinning fine my cpu is running at a temp between 45-50 c
and all seems to be working normally

but im just wondering if this is something i need to correct or worry about

or is it just something that cna be safely ignored

thommo
19th April, 2008, 09:28 PM
you checked the bios? mines an option to ignore that stuff so it would report as not there or not working with software.

under power options or something...got an option for q fan too which makes it spin more the hotter the comp or slow down if its cool.

id say the bios or maybe the pins on the mb where the fan plugs in might not be seated properly.

but if its working it should be ok anyway as it'll do its job.

violentj
19th April, 2008, 09:46 PM
yeah got the option to ignore but i just wanna be on the safe side cos my pc was spassing out earlier and reported i had a 4.89ghz processor installed it should 3.3ghz max and it was overheating

so i stripped down the pc cleaned all fans and what not,applied some fresh thermal compound to the cpu and other than it telling me that fan aint working all seems to be working fine

mickeyf
7th July, 2008, 10:44 AM
Have you checked to see if there is an updated bios for your machine?